• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
New thread title please: Toronto-Age |OT3| Mr Rogers' Neighbourhood

Alternatively: Toronto-Age |OT3| Mr Rogers' Neighbourhood SmartTrack that's never happening

Why does everyone hate John Parker, does he suck? The only thing I know about him is that he seems to enjoy being the lazy speaker at council meetings.

Pretty much. I watched this council debate and the other ward 26 candidates painted a pretty good picture of the kind of nothing councillor he is.

Why does everyone hate John Parker, does he suck? The only thing I know about him is that he seems to enjoy being the lazy speaker at council meetings.

He has a "just deal with it" attitude with a lot of problems in the ward.

You have to wait hours for the 80 Leaside bus on Sundays? Yo, just get a car.
Your entire apartment building is filled with roaches and the landlord is doing nothing about it? Bro, clean your house and tell your neighbours to clean their houses too.
Electricity goes out as soon as there's a drop of rain? Hey man, that's a nice excuse to go outside.
Eglinton LRT goes into mixed-traffic at Laird and drives into the most dangerous intersection in the city (Don Mills/Eglinton)? *crickets*...

Also, the DRL could be funded and bult to go up to Don Mills/Eglinton, and his reaction was basically "why that would be nice, thank you", I mean if it were me I would have raised the roof to get that. Now everyone's interpretation of the DRL has it stopping at Pape and not going any further. That's a huge loss.

I don't live at Leaside anymore, would have been nice to see a post-Parker era lol

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10101161157827927

This right here exemplifies the serious lack of education on the part of Ford supporters. She's brought to tears by the idea that Tory will tax her so badly to get SmartTrack built that she'll lose her home (no evidence that will happen) but probably didn't bat an eye at the property tax increases she'll have to pay over the next 30 years for the Scarborough subway (actually did happen).

Windam

Scaley member

This right here exemplifies the serious lack of education on the part of Ford supporters. She's brought to tears by the idea that Tory will tax her so badly to get SmartTrack built that she'll lose her home (no evidence that will happen) but probably didn't bat an eye at the property tax increases she'll have to pay over the next 30 years for the Scarborough subway (actually did happen).

Oh fucking hell.

Can people like this just move far, far away?

I was dying laughing watching this, sorry if that makes me a bad person

Also, how is Tory taking away her home and not the decisions she made in her life where she can't support herself

Prax

My ward (37) voted for Ford overall. Stupid. :l People in general.. SO STUPID.

Glad Tory won because it's at least not Ford. I guess Tory was the "safe" vote, but I do wish Chow got a lot more in. I just want him to be able to get council working well again and maybe listen to Chow's transit plans.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
No more Ford is nice, however, Toronto still failed.

Doug Ford was way too close, Rob Ford being Rob Ford still managed to win, and Mike Ford won without saying a damn thing solely based on his last name.

John Tory won over Doug Ford, but like, you can polish a turd all you want, it's still a turd.

Sitting here in Mississauga happy that Bonnie Crombie won, however, considering I plan on moving to Toronto in the next 5 years, I really don't want someone like Tory or the Fords running the city.

yyzjohn

Banned
No more Ford is nice, however, Toronto still failed.

Doug Ford was way too close, Rob Ford being Rob Ford still managed to win, and Mike Ford won without saying a damn thing solely based on his last name.

John Tory won over Doug Ford, but like, you can polish a turd all you want, it's still a turd.

Sitting here in Mississauga happy that Bonnie Crombie won, however, considering I plan on moving to Toronto in the next 5 years, I really don't want someone like Tory or the Fords running the city.

Mike Ford as a school board trustee...the dude is only 20 years old, probably parties harder than Rob and Doug put together. What a wise choice to represent your kid's interests.

Willectro

Banned
Mike Ford as a school board trustee...the dude is only 20 years old, probably parties harder than Rob and Doug put together. What a wise choice to represent your kid's interests.

Yea seriously. I can't even begin to think how people could have voted for that stupid kid. Rob and Doug are one thing, but holy shit, this is just irresponsible on the voters part.

Fuzzy

Yea seriously. I can't even begin to think how people could have voted for that stupid kid. Rob and Doug are one thing, but holy shit, this is just irresponsible on the voters part.
It just proves that anyone with the last name Ford can win an election in some wards.

Stet

Banned
Happy about Wong-Tam in Ward 27, unimpressed with Tory as mayor, rolling my eyes about Ford getting back into Ward 2 but not surprised.

Really the big tragedy is that somehow Mammoliti got re-elected. What the hell?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Happy about Wong-Tam in Ward 27, unimpressed with Tory as mayor, rolling my eyes about Ford getting back into Ward 2 but not surprised.

Really the big tragedy is that somehow Mammoliti got re-elected. What the hell?

I forgot to mention that in my post above.

Unbelievable, Toronto can do better.

Azih

Glad Tory won personally. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the next six months or so. Hell I gave Rob Ford the benefit of the doubt. I really really honestly thought he wouldn't be as bad as Mel Lastman. LOL Still mad at David Miller for not running again in retrospect.

In any case. Looking forward to Doug Ford going back to Chicago or something. You guys do realize though that Mike Ford is basically in training school and is being groomed to continue the FORD LEGACY in Toronto for decades to come right?

My ward is part of the problem.

untitled-1ctela.png

It's so weird; this area is so progressive during provincial and federal elections. I don't think there's been a Conservative MP or MPP elected here since the 50s or 60s but the majority voted for Ford... again. Ugh...

In other news: http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...s_olivia_chow_david_soknacki_on_his_team.html

John Tory wants Olivia Chow and David Soknacki to be part of his administration at city hall when he transitions into the mayor’s chair in December.

“Olivia I had a brief conversation with last night, obviously on the phone. And I’ve obviously said some things publicly, which I meant — which is that I would like to find a way for both of them to participate in some way,” Tory said of Chow and Soknacki in a phone interview Tuesday morning. “In Olivia’s case, you know I don’t want to violate a private conversation, but she said she’s going to take a bit of a rest as any sane person would.”

This is how you start building consensus. It hasn't even been 24 hours and the city's already way better off.

zroid

Banned
It's so weird; this area is so progressive during provincial and federal elections. I don't think there's been a Conservative MP or MPP elected here since the 50s or 60s but the majority voted for Ford... again. Ugh...

That's the thing about the Fords: the hardcore conservatives like them because of course they would, and many liberals have been brainwashed into thinking they're out to support the "little guy". They will get votes from all facets of the political landscape -- the only requirement is you have to be gullible and unthinking, which is, apparently, much of Toronto.

yyzjohn

Banned
My ward is part of the problem.

untitled-1ctela.png

In other news: http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...s_olivia_chow_david_soknacki_on_his_team.html

This is how you start building consensus. It hasn't even been 24 hours and the city's already way better off.

My mom lives in that ward, I grew up there. Cesar Palacio for the win!!

Fuzzy

From earlier this year.

MF001-Resume.png

EDIT: My favourite thing about him is that Ford isn't his real last name. He's Rob's sister's kid and just recently changed his name to Ford.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
From earlier this year.

MF001-Resume.png

EDIT: My favourite thing about him is that Ford isn't his real last name. He's Rob's sister's kid and just recently changed his name to Ford.

Those bastards deserve what's coming to them. Did he even finish university yet? I guess it 'could' be possible if he went early and did summer courses...even then, I don't think he has the experience or knowledge or expertise to do the job.

yyzjohn

Banned
Those bastards deserve what's coming to them. Did he even finish university yet? I guess it 'could' be possible if he went early and did summer courses...even then, I don't think he has the experience or knowledge or expertise to do the job.

That's the thing. I don't want to harshly judge this guy because I don't know anything about him other than his relationship to his uncles. Maybe he's a fantastic guy, has great family values and is a really smart dude. But he has NO experience to handle this type of job. It's ridiculous that he was voted in solely for the fact he's Rob's nephew.

Fuzzy

He graduated HS and that's it. The family gave him a job at Deco. Who knows if he even did anything there or if it was a bullshit one?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
That's the thing. I don't want to harshly judge this guy because I don't know anything about him other than his relationship to his uncles. Maybe he's a fantastic guy, has great family values and is a really smart dude. But he has NO experience to handle this type of job. It's ridiculous that he was voted in solely for the fact he's Rob's nephew.

It's even more suspicious since he changed his name to Ford.

He could be great but I sincerely doubt it.

dubq

http://instagram.com/p/urlHiZJKhp/

She has to be a paid actor, right? RIGHT??

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
http://instagram.com/p/urlHiZJKhp/

She has to be a paid actor, right? RIGHT??

"It's like ISIS coming to Toronto! That's how bad it is!"

I'm going to enjoy use line to describe everything I don't like from now on

But seriously, I really want to talk and examine the kind of person who equates a treat of terrorists who rape and behead the people they disagree with to the threat of a single digit increase in property tax

jokkir

The interviews this morning too at Etobicoke with a guy who seemed very high (slurring words and couldn't think) saying how Doug was the saviour of the city and was a shame he didn't win because he was one of them and stuff.

Uhg, the people in this city.

zroid

Banned
Mike Ford interview on CP24. He says "I don't have the answers".

Well he's a lot like his uncles in that regard. At least he admits it, though.

yyzjohn

Banned
This is the first time I've heard him speak, and I guess it reminds people not to judge individuals by their hick families. He doesn't sound homophobic or racist to me.

He's got age going for him I suppose. I think the next generation of adults will be less racist than the previous generation. Kids are growing up seeing examples of inclusiveness everywhere, it's a much different society than the one that Rob or Doug grew up in, so maybe there is that. I see kids nowadays who are aware of people being gay, and it's no big deal to them.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This is the first time I've heard him speak, and I guess it reminds people not to judge individuals by their hick families. He doesn't sound homophobic or racist to me.
I don't care if he doesn't sound homophobic or racist; it's alarmingly stupid of people to vote in and incredibly irresponsible for a 20 year old who is literally one year removed from his teens into this position without the background for it.

Mike Ford interview on CP24. He says "I don't have the answers".

Well he's a lot like his uncles in that regard. At least he admits it, though.

"doesn't have the answers" = runs for school trustee.

Fuzzy

"doesn't have the answers" = runs for school trustee.
That's not his fault though, he was originally running for City Council until uncle Bobby took Ward 2 from him. Think about THAT for a second. If Rob didn't get sick and continued to run for Mayor then Mike would've been a Councilor instead of a School Board Trustee.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That's not his fault though, he was originally running for City Council until uncle Bobby took Ward 2 from him. Think about THAT for a second. If Rob didn't get sick and continued to run for Mayor then Mike would've been a Councilor instead of a School Board Trustee.
I generally use this for the Leafs...but whatever...
XlvQAYx.gif

Spl1nter

Top Bottom