• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
kVxYpGV.jpg

I think I see a pattern here

Oppo

that fucking map.

surrounded by idiots. a lot of them.

even though Ford got tossed, it was way way WAY too close. it seriously makes me want to move away, knowing that I am so entrenched in this fucking ignorance. and I love toronto. but goddamn.

de-amalgamation platform for next election, PLEASE. ILL VOTE FOR ANYONE who cuts off these exurban fuckwits from the actual city.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
that fucking map.

surrounded by idiots. a lot of them.

even though Ford got tossed, it was way way WAY too close. it seriously makes me want to move away, knowing that I am so entrenched in this fucking ignorance. and I love toronto. but goddamn.

de-amalgamation platform for next election, PLEASE. ILL VOTE FOR ANYONE who cuts off these exurban fuckwits from the actual city.
At least we have the Mayoral system we have instead of the one Americans have. It's nice that all of Council can decide to ignore a moron Mayor for the most part.

zroid

Banned
At least we have the Mayoral system we have instead of the one Americans have. It's nice that all of Council can decide to ignore a moron Mayor for the most part.

On that note, I find it funny/sad that almost all of those Scarberia/Etobicoke voters elected Councilors who don't support the Fords, and yet they still voted for Doug.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501488.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Risk of Rain -- MB-FEC6258D539D4077 - Taken by Zombie James
A game about trying to figure out what time to leave for work depending on the weather, all so the TTC doesn't make you late because certain streetcars disintegrate in water.
Risk of Rain -- MB-2F08337FEA74A969 - Taken by Deraldin
A game about the sky falling because Doug Ford wasn't elected mayor.
Risk of Rain -- MB-74D11617D166840D - Taken by Samyy
A game about the ongoing career of Ross Hull, that dude from Are You Afraid of the Dark.

Fuzzy

On that note, I find it funny/sad that almost all of those Scarberia/Etobicoke voters elected Councilors who don't support the Fords, and yet they still voted for Doug.
If we had parties at the municipal level I really doubt Ford would've gotten as many votes as he did. I'm in Ward 39 and it's been a Liberal stronghold for both Provincial and Federal elections since the mid '80s but Ford got over 50% of the vote. For the most part people have no idea what the policies of candidates are without those party labels.

Sch1sm

Yeah... My ward (43) voted in Paul Ainslie
(with the guy having 11k more votes than the second place)
as councillor and Ford as mayor even though Rob Ford dug into Ainslie pretty hard when he voted against the Scarborough subway and the two have had issues since. But I'm pretty sure that they just voted blindly for councillor, 'Oh, look, he's first on the list!'

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
One of my weather apps is calling for light snow on Saturday morning, and negative temperatures on Saturday and Sunday.

I'm ready because I have a new winter coat, but I hate it because I hate winter #TeamWarm

Fuzzy

One of my weather apps is calling for light snow on Saturday morning, and negative temperatures on Saturday and Sunday.

I'm ready because I have a new winter coat, but I hate it because I hate winter #TeamWarm
680 said north of HWY 7 the snow should stay on the ground but iIt'll melt for us.

#teamwinter because I'm super Canadian, though the Destroyer of Generic Asians
(but mostly Kuro)
is less than enthused about the cold.

Mupod

Need to get my snow tires on I guess. Never actually been in Toronto in the winter, I won't miss having a gigantic driveway to shovel, that's for sure.

Quick

Banned
Some people wearing canada goose today.
Yet saw three women with open toe shoes.
Should I take out my winter coat? What do.

It's that time of the year when people don't know whether to dress for winter or fall. Understandable.

I was wearing a hoodie earlier. It was a bit cold, but I didn't stay outside for too long.

soultron

Banned
My GF was looking at his instagram or twitter after the story broke, and saw an image of a mailbox library he posted -- he literally lives around the corner from us.

Talking with my GF's parents about it, a friend of theirs is a real estate agent whose daughter happens to be dating (in what capacity I don't know) the guy right now too.

That article is crazy. I don't know what to believe but goddamn. He could've told these women he was into really rough stuff instead of springing it on them.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
My GF was looking at his instagram or twitter after the story broke, and saw an image of a mailbox library he posted -- he literally lives around the corner from us.

Talking with my GF's parents about it, a friend of theirs is a real estate agent whose daughter happens to be dating (in what capacity I don't know) the guy right now too.

That article is crazy. I don't know what to believe but goddamn. He could've told these women he was into really rough stuff instead of springing it on them.
Geez I hope that daughter is ok...

dubq

I don't think it's the standard MO of someone who beats women to warn the women that he's going to beat that he likes to beat women.

Let's not get it twisted. This has nothing to do with BDSM/liking rough sex. Eight women have come forward about this abusive piece of shit.

Willectro

Banned

Guilty or innocent, The Star sure paints a damning picture based purely on allegations. I'm not saying don't report these things, but thir methods imply a foregone conclusion of guilt. Everyone deserves their day in court.

That said, based on what I've read I'm disappointed to say The Star likely isn't wrong. The allegations are shocking and how this is being handled from a PR/legal perspective is disgusting.

Quadratic

If anyone's interested my work has hosts some pretty cool Videogame related programmes which are free. The Hand Eye Society organizes a lot of fun stuff. Last month they had a bookclub/videogame mashup called Game Curious.

Next Saturday will be a Storytelling in games lecture at the Toronto Reference Library.

A link to the details is here.

So gaming side says the Xbox might be getting the $50 drop here in Canada too. Anyone going to pick one up? Might look into getting one if I can trade in my roommate's old 360 at the Microsoft store and get it for $250.

Azih

WTF at Gomeshi, if he's into that stuff (and some are), then he really should have found one partner that was also (making it clear what freaky stuff he wanted right from the get go) and stuck with her. Not randomly assault women until he found one who liked it.

zroid

Banned
WTF at Gomeshi, if he's into that stuff (and some are), then he really should have found one partner that was also (making it clear what freaky stuff he wanted right from the get go) and stuck with her. Not randomly assault women until he found one who liked it.

sounds like he is a womanizer as well, so that's probably not his style

just an awful person all-around

Sch1sm

Something tells me monogamy isn't his thing. Even so, what's the likelihood of him finding a woman on the street who enjoys that large a beating? He should have gone for a kink club.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Something tells me monogamy isn't his thing. Even so, what's the likelihood of him finding a woman on the street who enjoys that large a beating? He should have gone for a kink club.
Could've also paid for it. But I think there was a power trip involved too.

Top Bottom