• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Phz1LsZ.jpg

Please, TTC.

get off the lame train and use Rocketman, jokkir.

Magnus

We're close to pulling the trigger on a rental townhouse in Corktown. It's huge, brand new, not even lived in. Gorgeous interiors and amenities, etc. good price.

It's just....Corktown. There isn't much around. My partner's got instant access to the DVP for work which is huge. But in terms of our walkable liveability downtown, it seems pretty sparse. I wish it was just two or three major streets west of where it is. But minus the Moss Park.

Thoughts?

get off the lame train and use Rocketman, jokkir.

Nuh-uh. NextBus ftw

Hey, why is this thread the only active city thread on the board? And the only community that has meet-ups too? Just seems wierd that there's no NY-GAF or LA-GAF OT. There's country threads but idk guess TO is the only Canadian city that matters.

Quadratic

We're close to pulling the trigger on a rental townhouse in Corktown. It's huge, brand new, not even lived in. Gorgeous interiors and amenities, etc. good price.

It's just....Corktown. There isn't much around. My partner's got instant access to the DVP for work which is huge. But in terms of our walkable liveability downtown, it seems pretty sparse. I wish it was just two or three major streets west of where it is. But minus the Moss Park.

Thoughts?

I used to work at Front and Parliament. It's a really up and coming area. A lot of new condos along King St E. Walking east you'll get to Riverside around Broadview and Queen. Jilly's is now closed and I heard it's going to become a fancy bar/hotel (kinda like the Drake)

Yeah, you're a bit of a dead zone. But Distillery is in walking distance and hopefully there will be more expansion of shops and services in the area.

It used to be a very sketchy area 15 years ago.

zroid

Banned
Hey, why is this thread the only active city thread on the board? And the only community that has meet-ups too? Just seems wierd that there's no NY-GAF or LA-GAF OT. There's country threads but idk guess TO is the only Canadian city that matters.

Actually I think they do have threads but theyre mostly in the main Off-Topic forum? For some reason Toronto-Age is kept in Community, idk why. That's fine by me though, all the best OT threads are in OT Community.

Azih

I really think EvilMario is to thank for kicking off this community and then all the other posters just keep it going cuz Toronto is full of love and dumb things to talk about. Probably not in that order.

Rinoa

I thought you were part of #teamwinter ?

Party looked great...cheesecake and sushi at a Halloween party?! Livin' it up!

#TeamWarm

I had to dig out my winter jacket from drycleaning plastic. Normally I wait until at least mid-Nov before giving in.

We had more food than pictured, but those looked good enough to take shots of hehe

Coming to the Ubi event?

mr.rager

We ARE the centre of the Universe so yeah.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I really think EvilMario is to thank for kicking off this community and then all the other posters just keep it going cuz Toronto is full of love and dumb things to talk about. Probably not in that order.
Full of burgers
True talk: Burger wars is what got this thread so popular.
god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

#TeamWarm

I had to dig out my winter jacket from drycleaning plastic. Normally I wait until at least mid-Nov before giving in.

We had more food than pictured, but those looked good enough to take shots of hehe

Coming to the Ubi event?
;')
I doubt I'm going but I really ought to make it to one of those and pretend I'm media like a certain fuzzy bastard.
Real talk right there.

Kuro keeping us all alive with his love of burgers.
Burgers, Coors Lite bashing, #teamwinter hating, etc.

@chaobreaker it's a good group of people that care enough about the city and the people on this forum to get together and talk about it whether online or in person. We don't have meet ups every month like the reddit peeps but likely more than a lot of other city OTs and I also harass other members to make the meet up thread so we got that going too. I do see the people who come out more get more comfortable each time too, so even if new people come and just feel awkward it gets better quickly since you're all a bunch of nerds...I mean good people. I really need to harass Rinoa some day to do a meet up...or Quick ;D

Hey guys, i live in the GTA but not in Toronto.
Could anyone recommend a reliable place in Toronto for computer repairs? I haven't gotten any replies yet in TechSupportGAF about my problem, so I'm considering just getting it looked at by a professional.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys, i live in the GTA but not in Toronto.
Could anyone recommend a reliable place in Toronto for computer repairs? I haven't gotten any replies yet in TechSupportGAF about my problem, so I'm considering just getting it looked at by a professional.

When a student of mine had laptop problems I directed them to one of numerous places north of Kensington Market; around Spadina and College area.

Or, you can post your symptoms here and we can try to give it a go or EM will butt in on twitter and I'll post

DAMN YOU, EM!

When a student of mine had laptop problems I directed them to one of numerous places north of Kensington Market; around Spadina and College area.

Or, you can post your symptoms here and we can try to give it a go or EM will butt in on twitter and I'll post

DAMN YOU, EM!

Well since you offered...

A few days ago I put my computer into sleep mode for about 2 hours, and when I wanted to get back on the computer I moved the mouse around to get it out of sleep mode. So it's starting up as usual, but before anything can load on the screen it just shuts down, only to try to start back up again a few seconds later, repeating the process over and over again. I don't even have enough time to go into the BIOS because the startup doesn't last long enough for the keyboard to turn on.
I noticed that whenever this happens, the MemOK LED that indicates an error with the DRAM flashes just before it shuts down. So I reseated the RAM and toggled with the RAM overclocking switch. After doing this I was able to bring up the BIOS, and after a few minutes Windows was able to start up as well; thinking that I fixed the problem, I shut it down properly and restarted it just to make sure that everything is all right. At this point the computer will just power up, but nothing is displayed onscreen and the keyboard isn't active.

Fast forward to today, I tried to turn it on again in hopes that I could do something and I was able to get into the BIOS and start up windows, but it shut down before I could get into the login screen. Now it's gone back to turning on for a few seconds and shutting down quickly like before.

I'm using an ASUS Z97-A motherboard and have 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance RAM cards if that helps.

I went to the ac3 party but it was invite only and had free food

Not much around the cne so I dunno if I should eat before just in case

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
is it though

I don't know, after the last four years, it's pretty nice to be finally free of Rob Ford. We finally have at least ford more years withrob a ford rob ford rob ford Rob Ford Rob Ford Rob Ford Rob Ford Rob Ford Rob Ford Rob Ford Rob Ford Rob Ford

What is the better route to the Liberty Grand

Subway to King Street and take the King streetcar or subway to Union and take the 509 streetcar? Is access to the 509 from Union re-opened?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else constantly get those scam calls from west jet? I get them every other day both on my phone and my work number. Everytime they call it's from a number that looks like a normal Toronto number. I've tried to talk to them once to tell them to stop calling and obviously, was met with wishy washy answers then someone hanging up.

Any other way to stop these calls?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else constantly get those scam calls from west jet? I get them every other day both on my phone and my work number. Everytime they call it's from a number that looks like a normal Toronto number. I've tried to talk to them once to tell them to stop calling and obviously, was met with wishy washy answers then someone hanging up.

They're spoofing numbers too so it's not like you can report them either.

I get them on my work phone and the caller ID has a number from another department...

Sch1sm

What is the better route to the Liberty Grand

Subway to King Street and take the King streetcar or subway to Union and take the 509 streetcar? Is access to the 509 from Union re-opened?

509 reopened about 3 weeks ago, actually, so that is an option. Neither is really better, though.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I get them at work. Not sure if it's the one you're talking about since I stop listening. I also used to get those debt ones.

Don't know how to stop them though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
TTC - get there 15 min early or 45 min late

There's your goddamn slogan!

Signal problems at Broadview this morning, medical problem at Greenwood, another problem at Kennedy station.

soultron

Banned

Signal problems at Broadview this morning, medical problem at Greenwood, another problem at Kennedy station.

It took me over an hour to get onto a train. I arrived at the station at 830, got to work at 1030. What a joke.

4 different stations had passenger alerts pulled.

I'd really like a detailed report on how/where/why things broke down today, because it was embarrassing. Signal updates and construction or not, it was stressful and felt like it could've been avoided somehow.

Cactus

Banned

I've been forced to use the TTC as my primary means of transportation over the last couple of years (I don't drive and I commute to work), and this is so true.

Rinoa

Taking an Uber, I'd TTC if the weather was nice and many people were about but even then I hate walking through abandoned CNE. So creepy.

Top Bottom