• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Was anyone crazy enough to camp out at one of three H&Ms (Eaton Centre, Yonge and Bloor, and Yorkdale) for the Alexander Wang collection? I was thinking of going and maybe buying a new backpack or a sweater but fuck, lines were too much.

Was anyone crazy enough to camp out at one of three H&Ms (Eaton Centre, Yonge and Bloor, and Yorkdale) for the Alexander Wang collection? I was thinking of going and maybe buying a new backpack or a sweater but fuck, lines were too much.

Completely forgot about it. I'm like 5 minutes away from Bloor H&M, so I'll check it out later.

OK, I took a look at the collection on the GQ site... stuff looks terrible. Alexander Wang stuff shouldn't have WANG plastered all over the item.

Quick

Banned

I was at the Eaton Centre yesterday afternoon. I didn't see any lineups at H&M.

Completely forgot about it. I'm like 5 minutes away from Bloor H&M, so I'll check it out later.

OK, I took a look at the collection on the GQ site... stuff looks terrible. Alexander Wang stuff shouldn't have WANG plastered all over the item.

I saw them on H&M's website, really not my style.

On a related note, I'm hesitant to buy henleys from them, because it looks flimsy and wouldn't last more than a few washes.

Magnus

What was this Ubisoft event? I heard something was happening in Toronto this past weekend (Sat I think) but it sounds like there was an event last night? AC:Unity related?

Who the fuck is Alexander Wang?

#NotIntoFashion

My BF kind of is and he has no idea either.

zroid

Banned
Anyone still need/want a Pokémon ORAS demo download code? They've been handing them out like candy so pretty much everyone who hangs out in Nintendo-related threads has one already...

I was at the Eaton Centre yesterday afternoon. I didn't see any lineups at H&M.

#NotIntoFashion

My BF kind of is and he has no idea either.
http://www.citynews.ca/2014/11/06/pre-dawn-lineups-for-alexander-wangs-hm-collection/

Pretty neat. Some people are buying stuff just to flip it later so it's kind of like the release of new Jordans but for fashionistas lol. When they did the Versace sale it was even crazier.

Wang is the creative director of Balenciaga now. This was for his own line.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Anyone still need/want a Pokémon ORAS demo download code? They've been handing them out like candy so pretty much everyone who hangs out in Nintendo-related threads has one already...

Me! I totally forgot about the demo

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Make her play through AC3 as punishment.
I nearly spit out my lunch!
tumblr_l9s0oylfm21qz4w1go1_400.png

The signal system is pretty old by the way
Eh, they can upgrade it. OR, since people will bring up money, cut costs in other areas

Or as EM ranted:
Welcome to a transit system that has no funding from @pmharper or @Kathleen_Wynne, so they recoup losses from us. #topoli
And let's not forget the TTC union that fights automation and upgrades of its system because hours might be cut, or something
And let's not forget PRESTO mess. I mean, we could have adopted a system that already worked, but just HAD to build our own
Same reason Toronto doesn't have online voting, but Markham does. They had to build their own system instead of adopting one
ecause I'm guessing those contracts bring plenty of incentives, and cushy contracts for friends.

Kraftwerk

Jesus Christ part duex,

At this rate, with all the ridiculous prices, I might actually move out of Toronto. Shit is insane.

Fuck it, might just rent this farmhouse in Milton I am looking at. Has fucking 100 rooms with a sprawling green field next to it. You can all come for the meetups there. Kuro can stay in the barn.

Windam

Scaley member
Jesus Christ part duex,

At this rate, with all the ridiculous prices, I might actually move out of Toronto. Shit is insane.

Fuck it, might just rent this farmhouse in Milton I am looking at. Has fucking 100 rooms with a sprawling green field next to it. You can all come for the meetups there. Kuro can stay in the barn.

can we all come live with you

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ part duex,

Thought you were going to your snowy paradise up in the Yukon/NWT/Nunavut?

Do you have two sticks of RAM? Try taking each out and see if the computer works with just one of the two in. Might have a bad stick.

So I just tried this now that I had time. Took out one RAM card, Windows started up normally and launched the repair program and brought me to my desktop just fine.
Shut down the computer, put the RAM card back in, and now the computer is running fine again.

I don't know what I did exactly, but it worked. Thanks for the help guys!

Quick

Banned
So I just tried this now that I had time. Took out one RAM card, Windows started up normally and launched the repair program and brought me to my desktop just fine.
Shut down the computer, put the RAM card back in, and now the computer is running fine again.

I don't know what I did exactly, but it worked. Thanks for the help guys!

In the future, if you're desperate, Canada Computers does computer repair.

mr.rager

Never gone to Canada Computers myself, but I'll keep that in mind.

Canada Computers is horrible. DO NOT GO THERE! A friend of mine used to work at one of their stores and they did not give a fuck at all lol. The stories he told me would make you wonder how they're still in business. Better off going to a random computer shop in Chinatown.

My gf was able to grab this

They look amazing in person. I wanted the duffel bag but I have enough duffel bags and bags in general already :s

#NotIntoHighFashion

ftfy. If you're not into high fashion, you really wouldn't hear his name at all.

explodet

Canada Computers is horrible. DO NOT GO THERE! A friend of mine used to work at one of their stores and they did not give a fuck at all lol. The stories he told me would make you wonder how they're still in business. Better off going to a random computer shop in Chinatown.
I thought Canada Computers WAS a random computer shop in Chinatown. That's how I always treated it.

zroid

Banned
Canada Computers is horrible. DO NOT GO THERE! A friend of mine used to work at one of their stores and they did not give a fuck at all lol. The stories he told me would make you wonder how they're still in business. Better off going to a random computer shop in Chinatown. .

that is accurate

still, they have good deals sometimes. if you're not buying something where customer service is a necessity, then they're not bad.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I thought Canada Computers WAS a random computer shop in Chinatown. That's how I always treated it.

They're one of the biggest chains in Toronto next to NCIX.

There are three of them on like the same block on College west of Spadina lol

Sober

CC has a huge store up in Markham and it's probably better than TigerDirect (which is more consumer electronics than computer parts anyway). But I wouldn't actually order computer parts at CC over NCIX, since last I checked CC's replacement policy is very fucking short, like 2 weeks over ~1 month with NCIX.

explodet

They're one of the biggest chains in Toronto next to NCIX.

There are three of them on like the same block on College west of Spadina lol
Oh yeah, I totally blanked on that.
Every time I needed to upgrade my PC like, a decade ago, I'd pick and choose from the PC chop shops at College and Spadina - CanComps was just one of those guys.
It's been ages since I've upgraded though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I finally got a mail form them 5 months later. They hired a locals/natives, as per their law. None of the 'outsiders' got hired :(

Ill try again next time.
On one hand, you're still here :D

On the other hand, you're still here >=[

Edit: just passed by the newest Kinton ramen near empress walk. Crowded and line ups outside D:

Quick

Banned
The Raptors need to keep the purple jersey as an alternate.

They should bring purple back into the colour scheme in general.

Samyy

Kuro = dark can also refer to black people. Your woman is a destroyer of black
cats
so Kavey should watch out.

No spoilers but Interstellar is worth a watch. That's all I'll say.

I loved Interstellar :D
But I love everything space...

But fuck I loved Interstellar :D

The world needs more goddamn space movies/games/everything space.

mr.rager

CC has a huge store up in Markham and it's probably better than TigerDirect (which is more consumer electronics than computer parts anyway).

Kinda funny you mentioned TigerDirect cause I used to work there. Based on my experience, there isn't much of a difference between both stores loool. Their employee discounts are awesome though.

Anyone catch the Pink Ranger busking at Dundas Square today? My facebook feed is blowing up with photos/vids of her. It's been 20 years since the power rangers and she still looks good.

Rinoa

Your GF got a cute boot mr.rager, though I'm dying at all those shirts and hats that scream WANG + the fact that people lined up in the cold new Jordans style for them.

Last movie I saw in theatres was Gravity.
Next one is Interstellar, nuff said.

I want more high tension space movies like Gravity tho, or even a fun one that feels like Space Brothers. (but I didn't like the live action movie of that...)

was anyone around for this?

Your GF got a cute boot mr.rager, though I'm dying at all those shirts and hats that scream WANG + the fact that people lined up in the cold new Jordans style for them.

Last movie I saw in theatres was Gravity.
Next one is Interstellar, nuff said.

I want more high tension space movies like Gravity tho, or even a fun one that feels like Space Brothers. (but I didn't like the live action movie of that...)

was anyone around for this?

She was always the best Power Ranger.

zroid

Banned
Taking my Vita to the 3DS event, let's see what happens lol

I took my 3DS to a Playstation event one time and when I opened it to check my StreetPasses, I got chided by a Sony rep

I saw it on IMAX and it was glorious.

Hell, I'd say it's good enough to get the VIP seats ahead of time so you don't have to line up 40 min beforehand.

I did a bit of research on it, and seems like it might even be worth making the trek down to Mississauga to see it in 70mm IMAX. Apparently the IMAX cinemas in Vaughan and North York aren't legit or something.

The trouble is convincing someone to go to Mississauga with me :lol I don't normally have a problem with seeing movies alone but this one is long as hell and the drive will be boring.

Top Bottom