• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Apathy

Worst time of the year. It's not cold enough for my winter coat but it's too cold for my autumn coat.

Can we just skip winter this year, I'd appreciate it. No good season. Hope global warming turns Toronto into a beach resort.

mr.rager

Can we just skip winter this year, I'd appreciate it. No good season. Hope global warming turns Toronto into a beach resort.
e10qpq.gif

Quadratic

Rode the new streetcar today along Spadina. It's a nice ride. A lot longer than I thought. I guess these models are purpose built for the long platforms along the line.

The POP system is rife for abuse. I guess the same can be said for the Queen line.

Those 4 seaters facing each other are super awkward.

-Deimos

Worst time of the year. It's not cold enough for my winter coat but it's too cold for my autumn coat.

Its fucking terrible today.

Windam

Scaley member
I blame #TeamWarm for casting evil magika (read: they caused global warming) that has delayed the natural onset of winter.

God’s still up there. The arrogance of people to think that we, human beings, would be able to change what He is doing in the climate is to me outrageous.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
We probably have more fun than their meetups.

What do they do anyway? Drink tea and laugh at weird stuff?
You'd know we have more fun if you ever came to one!

14_darkholiday2.jpg

I blame #TeamWarm for casting evil magika (read: they caused global warming) that has delayed the natural onset of winter.
I hope you get frostbite on your ears.
>=[
God’s still up there. The arrogance of people to think that we, human beings, would be able to change what He is doing in the climate is to me outrageous.
We ARE THE GODS! :<

Edit: woman on the RT eating frozen yogurt in the cold season. Terrible. You're all Yetis!

Sober

Fortunately for being unemployed, I totally realized it two hours later after they went on sale. It was real unceremonious the way they just dropped.

I grabbed some 1-day passes about 15 minutes before the Saturdays up and vanished.

I think Alpha is stewing on missing them.

krae_man

Fortunately for being unemployed, I totally realized it two hours later after they went on sale. It was real unceremonious the way they just dropped.

I grabbed some 1-day passes about 15 minutes before the Saturdays up and vanished.

I think Alpha is stewing on missing them.

He's always stewing about something.

I'm freezing just sitting next to my window.

Oh yeah, I went to Markville mall or whatever it's called in Markham. Made me feel like I was back in Vancouver, LOL.

Dice//

Banned
I had an iced cap today.

Honestly, they're great year-round.

Cold foods in the Winter is totally justified when you're sitting in malls for several hours heaving around shopping bags and winter jackets (or just wearing them since there's no good place for them). It gets hot, and a cold-something is delicious

Apathy

If #teamwrong...oh I'm sorry, #teamwinter (my mistake, the letters are right next to each other :D) would help out we would be done and we wouldn't have this inbetween. We would have our long summers and you guys can have the 2 cold days of the year, everyone wins.

Last night I got a email from a company called Mindfield offering a job in Sport Chek. I don't know how they got my email but they want me to sign up to their job bank service.

http://hourlyjobspot.com/

I checked out their Facebook page and apparently they just launched a month ago. It's just sketchy as all hell how they got my email and sent me a job offer when I haven't been job hunting in months.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, they're great year-round.

Cold foods in the Winter is totally justified when you're sitting in malls for several hours heaving around shopping bags and winter jackets (or just wearing them since there's no good place for them). It gets hot, and a cold-something is delicious

Yep. I get them all year.

Also it's snowing.

Mupod

Yep. I get them all year.

Also it's snowing.

I used to work with a guy who'd grab one every single day after work before getting on the bus. Bear in mind we worked nights and this was Sudbury so it would get cold as fuck + buses only showed up when they FELT like it. Dude just loved his iced caps.

Also right before I saw this post I looked out the window and said NOOOOOOOO

Quadratic

I'm freezing just sitting next to my window.

Oh yeah, I went to Markville mall or whatever it's called in Markham. Made me feel like I was back in Vancouver, LOL.

Man, you haven't experienced cold yet. Wait till January/Feburary.

It's been a while since I was in Vancouver. Is Metrotown still the biggest shopping mall? The Aberdeen Centre is way nicer than Pac Mall.

Should have driven over to Richmond Hill. It reminds me a lot of Richmond B.C. Especially now with the VIVA bus line.

Did you go to the Best Buy? You might have StreetPassed me via their relay!

No... I actually don't have a 3DS.

Man, you haven't experienced cold yet. Wait till January/Feburary.

It's been a while since I was in Vancouver. Is Metrotown still the biggest shopping mall? The Aberdeen Centre is way nicer than Pac Mall.

Should have driven over to Richmond Hill. It reminds me a lot of Richmond B.C. Especially now with the VIVA bus line.

I know... walking outside downtown right now is about as cold as it usually gets in Vancouver.

Before I went to Pac Mall, I was picturing it as a bigger and better version of Aberdeen. So much disappointment when I got there. Aberdeen is like an HK Island mall whereas Pac Mall is like something you'd find in Mongkok lol. But yeah, being in Markham with Asians everywhere is straight up Vancouver-like.

Haven't really been to Richmond Hill yet. I don't have a car here so I can't really get to many places outside of downtown and around the subway stations. But speaking of Metrotown, I visited Yorkdale mall a few weeks back and man that place is nice. It's way better than Metrotown IMO. The Joey's there is gigantic!

soultron

Banned
I am ill-prepared for snow. I still haven't shopped for winter boots. And my winter jacket is starting to show its age.

Beat someone up for their Timberland boots and Canada Goose jacket. You can find like 2342325 people wearing these, at the same time, at Y&D square.

Please don't actually beat anyone up.

Unless it's Kuro we're talking about.

Better or worse, in terms of selection and/or price?

Selection looks about the same but their used games look slightly cheaper than I remember them being.

The store does look sparse overall at the moment. They did have a mint condition Sega Master System in box for $250. The Retron 5 was a surprise and they were charging about $167 for it. The product in the displays is sorted now instead of looking like a pile of mess. They could do with replacing the glass cabinets are giving them a hard cleaning.

The guy working behind the counter seemed a lot more approachable than the previous person who would work during the days.

The reason I stopped going there is because every time I went in someone would be arguing about something.

They're still letting the guy who does the repairs work there but I wouldn't advise using them. I had a bad experience and I believe that person hasn't changed.

Selection looks about the same but their used games look slightly cheaper than I remember them being.

The store does look sparse overall at the moment. They did have a mint condition Sega Master System in box for $250. The Retron 5 was a surprise and they were charging about $167 for it. The product in the displays is sorted now instead of looking like a pile of mess. They could do with replacing the glass cabinets are giving them a hard cleaning.

The guy working behind the counter seemed a lot more approachable than the previous person who would work during the days.

The reason I stopped going there is because every time I went in someone would be arguing about something.

They're still letting the guy who does the repairs work there but I wouldn't advise using them. I had a bad experience and I believe that person hasn't changed.

Hmm... Maybe I should pass by. They were degrading over time. I've seen cleaner and better organized flea market booths.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
When do they decide I should start working on the security for all the doors entering the new hospital? This week.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Top Bottom