• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Rinoa

Azn from Montreal Tier
Mackage

Superdry should be weeaboo tier

team mackage, got a devora last year

mackage_devora-f4_black_double_breasted_winter_wool_coat_with_belt_at_waist_6.jpg

I've yet to figure out how to tie the coat like that, it seems impossible to tie the waist tight enough because the belt is attached to the coat at the back.

Anyone at the Far cry 4 launch party?

Was going to go but I had a Harp lesson at the same time. It was supposed to be amazing venue use too :(

Blackhead

Redarse
Superdry should be weeaboo tier

team mackage, got a devora last year

I've yet to figure out how to tie the coat like that, it seems impossible to tie the waist tight enough because the belt is attached to the coat at the back.
Why not just take off the belt? between the buttons and zip, it seems a bit redundant and detracts a bit from the very sleek look.

I have mackage mittens! quite warm yet I can still use my smartphone while wearing them :)

Anybody going to the book festival this weekend?

Quadratic

Kinton ramen North York has a line out the door. Ajisen has plenty of seats up the street.

Is Hakata ramen any good? The yelp reviews have been brutal. There was a good amount of people in there when I walked by.

Trying to get a feel for the neighbourhood. I passed what I think was 8 Korean Beer and Chicken restaurants from Empress Walk to Finch.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kinton ramen North York has a line out the door. Ajisen has plenty of seats up the street.

Is Hakata ramen any good? The yelp reviews have been brutal. There was a good amount of people in there when I walked by.

Trying to get a feel for the neighbourhood. I passed what I think was 8 Korean Beer and Chicken restaurants from Empress Walk to Finch.

I'm hoping to get in there for lunch around late December when I hope most people take off for Christmas vacation/break.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Hakata? Do you mean Shoryuken? The one south of the Metro? That place is fucking awful. Tried to go there twice, and twice they ran out of food before 7:30

Ajisen is trash too lol. The Kenzo is not bad. The only good Korean Fried Chicken place near here is Cheers at Finch and Yonge. It just opened up recently, but it's really good (well the original recipe, everything else tastes too sweet for me).

Rinoa

Why are these $750~$1000

they don't look like they are worth more than $150.

I don't know. I feel like after 2010 all jackets ended up being $1000. My jacket before this one was a really good Rudsak wool/thick lined jacket with leather parts and nice furry hood from dec 2006 and that was an absurd $700 back then, not counting the $150 gloves to match since it was a very specific off-white leather where the arm parts are. After that I vowed to get a black coat next because they can be matched easily.

Why not just take off the belt? between the buttons and zip, it seems a bit redundant and detracts a bit from the very sleek look.

I have mackage mittens! quite warm yet I can still use my smartphone while wearing them :)

Anybody going to the book festival this weekend?

The belt is attached to the coat at the very back, without the belt the stomach part is huge... and that's the main problem. I'm trying to tie tight and it just won't go because there's 3 layers of thickass wool and belt is fighting the spot it's attached at.

Quadratic

Hakata? Do you mean Shoryuken? The one south of the Metro? That place is fucking awful. Tried to go there twice, and twice they ran out of food before 7:30

Ajisen is trash too lol. The Kenzo is not bad. The only good Korean Fried Chicken place near here is Cheers at Finch and Yonge. It just opened up recently, but it's really good (well the original recipe, everything else tastes too sweet for me).

Thanks for the tips.

I heard a Guu is supposed to be opening in North York or did that project morph into Kinton?

Luckily there's no shortage of restaurants. I ate at a Persian place last night. I won't have appliances until I find a sale during black Friday or boxing week :p

Blackhead

Redarse
mmm there's a real good korean barbecue restaurant right at the corner of Yonge and Finch. I trying to remember (and spell) the name

I don't know. I feel like after 2010 all jackets ended up being $1000. My jacket before this one was a really good Rudsak wool/thick lined jacket with leather parts and nice furry hood from dec 2006 and that was an absurd $700 back then, not counting the $150 gloves to match since it was a very specific off-white leather where the arm parts are. After that I vowed to get a black coat next because they can be matched easily.

The belt is attached to the coat at the very back, without the belt the stomach part is huge... and that's the main problem. I'm trying to tie tight and it just won't go because there's 3 layers of thickass wool and belt is fighting the spot it's attached at.

oh... that sucks. My wool overcoat doesn't have a belt; just zippers and buttons. You could try a tailor or cut the gordian knot and get something else.

Somewhat related: who else does the overcoat/peacoat instead of a down jacket? What's your best tip for insulation or does your coat suffice?

zroid

Banned
finally got off my butt and tried to cut the grass today

...of course the lawn mower won't start because it's too cold ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Thanks for the tips.

I heard a Guu is supposed to be opening in North York or did that project morph into Kinton?

Luckily there's no shortage of restaurants. I ate at a Persian place last night. I won't have appliances until I find a sale during black Friday or boxing week :p

Yeah there's going to be a Guu in the Hullmark Centre at Yonge+Sheppard.

The neighourhood is really good for food, especially asian food. There's a really good hotpot place south of Finch on Yonge, and some pretty decent Pho places too. There's a new Congee Queen at Steeles and Yonge, which delivers as well. There's also Sushi Moto which Kuro loves. We really should do a North York meetup sometime.

mmm there's a real good korean barbecue restaurant right at the corner of Yonge and Finch. I trying to remember (and spell) the name

My favourite is Lim Ga Ne, which is right there. They're all pretty decent in the area, though if you go a little bit north to Cummer, Chowon Family Restaurant is the best Korean place in the neighbourhood.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah there's going to be a Guu in the Hullmark Centre at Yonge+Sheppard.

The neighourhood is really good for food, especially asian food.
Best Thai I've had in the city is at Thai Bistro North of Empress Walk. Fair warning though just don't ask for reservations... :p

Kraftwerk

I finally decide to watch a Hockey Game last night, and of course Reimer shits the bed.

I love how he has the audacity to say idiotic things like “I felt good to start the game, felt really good. Just seemed I could not catch a break and the puck was just missing me.”

lmao. Get rekt.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I finally decide to watch a Hockey Game last night, and of course Reimer shits the bed.

I love how he has the audacity to say idiotic things like “I felt good to start the game, felt really good. Just seemed I could not catch a break and the puck was just missing me.”

lmao. Get rekt.

michael-jordan-laughing.gif
We know who to blame now...!

Seriously though, I called it before the game started; a game we should win, we will lose.

Reimer had one super awful goal but the defense let a lot of those chances through.

They also played Bernier yesterday so it was a given they were going to switch.

zroid

Banned
I saw a tweet last night after the game of someone propositioning April Reimer, saying she should leave James. I'm convinced that was Kraft.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I saw a tweet last night after the game of someone propositioning April Reimer, saying she should leave James. I'm convinced that was Kraft.
Lol
Shadowkat, did you think about it?

Also just got back from the beaches. Huh, The Works there and on the Danforth gone. Only ones left are on Bloor West and St Lawrence

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Webers is always so busy. I pass it all the time on the way to the cottage. The lines are always way out the door. And before they got the bridge, people wold park on the southbound hwy 11 and cross the HIGHWAY for a burger.

I think I've eaten there once.

Webers is fun but nowhere near the best burger.........

Golden star, Burger Priest, The Works, Great Canadian Burger destroy it and they aren't even on that list

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
There is a giant X to close the popup for the newsletter.
Still bullshit.
Webers is fun but nowhere near the best burger.........

Golden star, Burger Priest, The Works, Great Canadian Burger destroy it and they aren't even on that list
I think they're referring to ones not in TO. So..

THE WORKS?! D: There's a reason they're not doing well here! And the menu at the Ottawa location...talk about crybabies.

N° 2048

All these overpriced burger joints are annoying. Toma, Gangster, P&L, and all the shit lined up on Queen West :)

Hipster Burgers.

Mupod

I pass by a burger priest every week or so, whenever I drive to burrito boyz after work. One of these days I'll be able to temporarily derail my brain from 'NEED BURRITO' and go there instead.

Fuck snow though. At least this is around the first time in ~20 years I can look outside and say 'yeah, I don't have to shovel any of that'

The burger joint down the street from me that has been around for decades still makes better burgers than all these recent fad joints that mark up the price.

Top Bottom