• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Getting to work today was annoying.

The Milton line got delayed, I stood on the train, packed in like a can of sardines. Shit felt like the TTC in the morning.

On my way to the station it was snow, once I got out it was rain. This weather can fuck right off. I'm not ready for leaving my shoes at work and wearing boots yet. Too early :(.

jokkir

Snow...

BZvhG1d.gif

N° 2048

It's not even snow, it's like snow/rain nonsense that is all dirty. People have already even stopped picking up their dog crap.

I wish downtown had snow right now. Not this rain/snow hybrid :(

yyzjohn

Banned
Do any of you #teamwinter guys ever have to pick up a shovel and clear snow or do you all leave it to your 75 year old parents to do while you play videogames? I'm not bitter.

Eleuin

Do any of you #teamwinter guys ever have to pick up a shovel and clear snow or do you all leave it to your 75 year old parents to do while you play videogames? I'm not bitter.

Yeah I'm #teamwinter but the amount of snow last year was brutal, think I'll pony up the money for a good snowblower

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I have a snowblower because I'm lazy and I'm not a dirty poor.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The burger joint down the street from me that has been around for decades still makes better burgers than all these recent fad joints that mark up the price.
You know what else has been around for decades? McDonald's.
giphy.gif

YASS KURROOOOO
I hope your igloo melts! >=[
Yeah I'm #teamwinter but the amount of snow last year was brutal, think I'll pony up the money for a good snowblower
I hope your per seal gets hypothermia!
I have a snowblower because I'm lazy and I'm not a dirty poor.
Electrician poor but buys games?! Does not compute

Since everyone here is rejoicing/hating on the current weather, here's a little something I made. It includes a cameo by our one and only Kuro.

Click!
Blood glucose dammit not cholesterol! D:

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member

Of course. I clear my own driveway as well as that of my 91 year old neighbour. I have a snowblower for the really big snowfalls. As long as the snow isn't all water logged it doesn't usually take more than 5-10 minutes tops to clear my driveway.

explodet

Aww, you edited your post. Serves me right for waiting.

Anyway, it's harder and harder to find cyberpunk stuffs anywhere let alone Toronto (it's a literary style that's fallen out of favor), and this city had Johnny Mnemonic running around!
I blame the constant construction.

There's probably some areas under the Gardiner that look the part, and I did like the area south of the bridge at Bathurst and Front before the construction creep hit that too.

Sweet Ivy

Aww, you edited your post. Serves me right for waiting.

Anyway, it's harder and harder to find cyberpunk stuffs anywhere let alone Toronto (it's a literary style that's fallen out of favor), and this city had Johnny Mnemonic running around!
I blame the constant construction.

There's probably some areas under the Gardiner that look the part, and I did like the area south of the bridge at Bathurst and Front before the construction creep hit that too.
Ah, didn't mean to be "rude", but felt the discussion was so focused on burgers ;).

Last November I was in London and, totally by chance, ended up in this restaurant, Distrikt. It totally felt like being in Deaus Ex: Human Revolution and was quite cool.
So, I thought, why not here? This city certainly has that cyberpunk feeling.
I suppose I'll just walk around Dundas Square when I need the feel :). Thanks for the tip anyway!

N° 2048

I love it. #TeamWinter #4lyfe - you can always put on more layers.. unfortunately you cannot peel off your skin! :p

Ha I tell peoole that all the time. There's something special about being warm and snug in the winter. Some tea/coffee with the blankets and movie. The snow slush crap is annoying though . That buried dog shit.

zroid

Banned
Anyone tried the Chicken Tortilla Soup from Mucho Burrito? It's pretty damn good and only $3. Honestly they put so much chicken and stuff in there it could be a full lunch for some people.

Sweet Ivy

My vote for #TeamWinter as well, there's no productivity to be had in the heat!
No need for tons of snow of really terrible weather though, just keep it wintery overall :).

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have recommendations for boots?

I bought Sorels last year thinking they'd be a good investment, but they're already cracked near the sole so I'll need to replace them.

I was looking at another pair of Sorels, since I did like them and they're warm, but breaking after a year...? I don't want a repeat.

Are Tretorns any good?

Top Bottom