• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

mr.rager

Anyone have recommendations for boots?

I bought Sorels last year thinking they'd be a good investment, but they're already cracked near the sole so I'll need to replace them.

I was looking at another pair of Sorels, since I did like them and they're warm, but breaking after a year...? I don't want a repeat.

Are Tretorns any good?

No experience with tretorns but I own a pair of North Face boots, they're pretty comfy and warm. Good build quality too. Sucks that your Sorel crapped out on you. My GF has had hers for about 3 years now and they're still in good condition.

Don't worry my #teamwarm brethren and sister(s)?

Next week we make a come back. AWWWW YEEEEEE!

Enjoy it cause it won't last. #teamwinter coming at you full force.

zroid

Banned
sooo
anyone planning on going to that nintendo day thing, or the event the day before that (20, 21st)

Yeah I dunno. The thing on the 20th might be fun, but getting downtown for me is a hassle unless I take GO, but then I'm paying like $12 which isn't really worth it.

I could drive down to the Vaughan Toys R Us on the 21st but tbh I'd probably rather just stay home that day and play Smash :lol

Rinoa

Went to AEMMA yesterday, cool stuff to do for your workouts or a fun team activity. Learn medieval weaps!

giphy.gif

YASS KURROOOOO

let's see drake try doin that in buffalo

#teamwarm

oh... that sucks. My wool overcoat doesn't have a belt; just zippers and buttons. You could try a tailor or cut the gordian knot and get something else.

might cut the thingie, my dressmaker/tailoring lady says the amount of effort (the coat is quite complex) is nowhere near worth the amount of difference in fit.

did you actually use the word jabroni...

I still use that word with my brothers!

yyzjohn

Banned
Ha I tell peoole that all the time. There's something special about being warm and snug in the winter. Some tea/coffee with the blankets and movie. The snow slush crap is annoying though . That buried dog shit.

My perfect winter would be no snow and 3-8 degrees every day.

Blackhead

Redarse
#TeamSpring = teamwet
#TeamSummer = teamhot
#TeamFall = teamwindswept

#TeamWinter = teamwarm

get a winter jacket and never feel the cold again.

Or let's all move to LA, warm weather and a winning hockey team, sounds like Kuro's paradise

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
My perfect winter would be no snow and 3-8 degrees every day.

That's not winter. :/

Didn't take long this year. Pulled out the snowblower to get rid of the snow drifts in our driveway. Cleared out a few neighbour's driveways while I was out.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Buffalo might get 5 feet of snow tonight.

Meanwhile Toronto might get 5cm.

Honestly how lucky are we with where Toronto is situated? Obviously we do and can be hit pretty bad but it's a lot less likely then New York or Buffalo.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

Honestly how lucky are we with where Toronto is situated? Obviously we do and can be hit pretty bad but it's a lot less likely then New York or Buffalo.

Buffalo deserves it

Hate that city

Spl1nter

The pictures are insane. Thank you lake effect.

soultron

Banned
How on earth did axe throwing become a thing
With plaid being as popular as it is, it was only a matter of time before the Lumberjack Effect kicked in.

Assuming you're speaking about BATL, I really want to try. Several of my artist friends are big into it and do it on weekends.

Mupod

Thankfully my drive home is only a few minutes, definitely my favorite thing about this job. I can see the 427 from my window at work and it's barely even moving.

On the first snow of the winter every year in Sudbury it never ceased to amaze me how many people would be in the ditch on the way home. Everybody forgets how to drive in snow, or puts off changing their tires until it's too late.

Kraftwerk

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Heading out for a quick meeting, then going for a walk with my friends WHO LOVE WINTER. Then going out for drinks.

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT HOW

SNOW

COLD

YESSS

giphy.gif

Cudder

Google Maps says getting home from work will take 2 hours tonight when it takes 45 minutes-1 hour on a regular day. Contemplating staying at work later so I can avoid sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for 2 hours.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Google Maps says getting home from work will take 2 hours tonight when it takes 45 minutes-1 hour on a regular day. Contemplating staying at work later so I can avoid sitting in bumper to bumper traffic for 2 hours.

It tells me that in current traffic it'll take me 2 hours as well. :(

Top Bottom