• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

You like it hot? I'd put you in a shuttle send you to the sun. :mad:

At least with winter you can wear more layers or thicker clothes. You can't run around naked when it's hot.

I feel bad that you can't afford AC, or cannot travel to your local Community Centre to do physical activities.. as they have AC.

neptunes

You have to be some kind of shut in to hate the summer

The sun energizes people, makes people want to do things. Winter does the opposite

Rinoa

https://twitter.com/hashtag/torontostreetcarsex?src=hash
dat hashtag

Happy for all the #teamwarm converts lately.

148Z5.gif

that feel when steel drum player in bloor was playing super mario bros theme but -20 with wind chill when go out

for walletsearch can aslo look at the bay online before buy, they have a ton of sales around this time of year
http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/thebay/search/mens/MENS-Accessories-Wallets

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You'll get sunburn! And the hot concrete sidewalks and asphalt roads will roast your feet! Only those who think they're above winter get punished by it. Even with conforming to summer standards, many are hurt.
But in the Spring and Summer you don't have to avoid this guy.

ibqtce90lFStEQ.gif

Quadratic

Wallet-talk.

I bought a Bellroy recently and I couldn't be happier. I actually get complements from it. It's sleeker and classier than my old Ben Sherman wallet which was starting to get George Costanza like.

http://bellroy.com/

Coincidentally, I found out about this company from a Neogaf banner ad. I bought it from a store along Danforth called Men Essentials. The sales rep could have been a stunt double for Kraftwerk (sans beard).

I am not a Team Winter guy but I am getting tired of hearing people on the street talking about how cold it is now.

It's really not that cold yet.

soultron

Banned
Go on...

I need a new wallet bad.

Machine-Era-Minimalistic-Wallet-Aluminum-Brass-Elastic-Strap-by-Adam-Hogsett.jpg

I have this one. It's amazing. I've shed most of my useless cards because it forces you to keep your load small. It fits nicely in my front pocket, which I like. Having a huge bulky leather wallet on my butt started to hurt since I now sit down so much at work... and taking it out often meant I forgot my wallet at work.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wallet-talk.

I bought a Bellroy recently and I couldn't be happier. I actually get complements from it. It's sleeker and classier than my old Ben Sherman wallet which was starting to get George Costanza like.

Coincidentally, I found out about this company from a Neogaf banner ad. I bought it from a store along Danforth called Men Essentials. The sales rep could have been a stunt double for Kraftwerk (sans beard).
Oh they look pretty ni....
100 DOLLARS?!?!

N° 2048

Machine-Era-Minimalistic-Wallet-Aluminum-Brass-Elastic-Strap-by-Adam-Hogsett.jpg

I have this one. It's amazing. I've shed most of my useless cards because it forces you to keep your load small. It fits nicely in my front pocket, which I like. Having a huge bulky leather wallet on my butt started to hurt since I now sit down so much at work... and taking it out often meant I forgot my wallet at work.

Where did you get that?

Quick

Banned
Wallet-talk.

The Bellroy ads on GAF are what got me into thinking about getting a new wallet. Their selection looks really nice. The price tag is a bit steep, but I figured that's the price to pay for quality.

My current wallet is quality, I think, but it gets a bit too bulky for my liking. I think I stretched it out enough that it doesn't matter if I remove stuff to slim it down, it's just permanently shaped to be fat.

I want this. Where do I get this?!

I'll buy you some Smokes if you tell me, Soultron!

zroid

Banned
Everyone knows the Cavaliers are gonna turn it around eventually. No better time than now, against a Raptors team that LeBron has dominated in recent years!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone knows the Cavaliers are gonna turn it around eventually. No better time than now, against a Raptors team that LeBron has dominated in recent years!

I don't remember what game it was...it was long time ago though. Bosh was still with us and Lebron was garbage that game. Then they crowd started taunting him, he turned it on, and we lost.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't remember what game it was...it was long time ago though. Bosh was still with us and Lebron was garbage that game. Then they crowd started taunting him, he turned it on, and we lost.

Correction:

Bosh's girlfriend at the time taunting him and then he turned it on.

Also you negative nancies please step off. Are the Raptors going to win the NBA Championship? Hell no.

Can they make the second round of the playoffs? That's the goal

Can they make the Conference Finals? That's what we are wondering now with this good start.

It's just like Toronto fans to look at a good record and go "yeah but look who they've played"

They've beaten the teams given to them and done so while still doing what they did last year that led to this gigantic turnaround. They're one of just a handful of teams that are top 10 in offensive rating and defensive rating, they're near the top in bench scoring, turn over the ball the least in the league, are top 3 in taking free throws a game.

And despite all this they still have things to work on which gives everyone even more hope.

So in closing, shut up and just enjoy the games they play. Only the delusional are saying NBA championship, the real goal is 1. Make the playoffs, 2. Win a round and then go from there.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's going to be the worst when the Raps meet the Wizards in the first round and Paul Pierce does it again

Naah we historically do really well against the Wiz. It's the Charlotte Hornets I'm scared of.

They constantly give us the D.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Naah we historically do really well against the Wiz. It's the Charlotte Hornets I'm scared of.

They constantly give us the D.
Lolwtf

And I'm used to having TO teams crush any hopes I have. LEAVE MY PESSIMISM ALONE!

Any recommendations on baby back rib places?

Stockyards no seating. Barque is full too.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Lolwtf

And I'm used to having TO teams crush any hopes I have. LEAVE MY PESSIMISM ALONE!

Any recommendations on baby back rib places?

Stockyards no seating. Barque is full too.

A comparison is like imagining the Maple Leafs whenever they go to Buffalo to play the Sabres.

That's how Charlotte is to us except it's at home and away. It's been like that for the last 3-4 seasons.

mr.rager

Getting our hopes up and having them crushed by our sports teams is a requirement to be a Torontonian. Unless you like the Argos but they don't count though.

Quick

Banned
Kraft, Rinoa, and/or anyone

Any recommendations on locally designed clothes and where to buy them? BlogTO has a list, and North Standard seems promising, if a bit sparse (based on their website).

I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for quality, but only if it's basically the best bang for my buck.

zorbsie

Looks amazing. Just ordered the gunmetal version. Thanks for posting this.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The only point I'll give TeamWarm/TeamSummer is no ice on the ground. Silly ice, you should be in our drinks and our cream, not on the ground!
Oh no you don't. Ice is part and parcel #teamwinter. The only ice in the summer is ice cream or iced capps.

@Quick what kind of style, aside from generic asian, loud cherry, fob, hipster, are you looking for?

Good dressing mofo is stet.

Quick

Banned
Oh no you don't. Ice is part and parcel #teamwinter. The only ice in the summer is ice cream or iced capps.

@Quick what kind of style, aside from generic asian, loud cherry, fob, hipster, are you looking for?

Good dressing mofo is stet.

I only assumed Kraft because I saw him post on the Men's Fashion thread once or twice, but I realize that thread is essentially a circlejerk for who spent the most money on the weirdest-looking thing. Rinoa seems to know her stuff, as well.

I've been keeping to H&M and their style, but I wouldn't mind spending a bit more on quality. I had the idea of looking up local designers and/or local stores downtown, but I wanted a second opinion.

Kraftwerk

Kraft, Rinoa, and/or anyone

Any recommendations on locally designed clothes and where to buy them? BlogTO has a list, and North Standard seems promising, if a bit sparse (based on their website).

I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for quality, but only if it's basically the best bang for my buck.

Go to Sydney's on queen street. They sell clothing made in Canada and the fabrics are from Japan. Incredibly quality and fit. Brand is called united stock dry goods.

Overall, if you want quality clothing go there, Nomad across the street, Over the Rainbow in yorkville. Uncle Otis is nice as well.

There are more if you want recommendations.

Top Bottom