• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Rinoa

Kraft, Rinoa, and/or anyone

Any recommendations on locally designed clothes and where to buy them? BlogTO has a list, and North Standard seems promising, if a bit sparse (based on their website).

I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for quality, but only if it's basically the best bang for my buck.

Queen west shops probably your best bet. The main Canadian stuff I wear is from Rudsak, it's aight but this year's offerings have not been to my taste. Too much cotton and fur.

http://www.rudsak.com/en/men

ya'll gotta do double egg at ryoji
10623846_10152967319807652_1922217640417752428_o.jpg

Blackhead

Redarse
Kraft, Rinoa, and/or anyone

Any recommendations on locally designed clothes and where to buy them? BlogTO has a list, and North Standard seems promising, if a bit sparse (based on their website).

I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for quality, but only if it's basically the best bang for my buck.

20 Canadian Brands Every Highsnob Reader Should Know. In addition to the aforementioned retailers on Queen street, also check out Haven and Gravity Pope. Are you interested in performance or fashion? Your priority determines what 'quality' means for you. I like tech so arc'teryx veilance is my canadian choice if I decide to splurge for 'quality'

p.s. some stores will be doing specials for blackfriday

zroid

Banned
my power surged four times last night, each one waking me up in the process, but it was worth it for dat 14 degrees right now

soultron

Banned
Yeah, why do people carry bills at all? Only time I have any bills is when I stop at an ATM on my way to a GAF meetup.

I carry bills because I get coffee and eat at restaurants fairly often. Many of the places I end up going to have the stupid "cash or credit card only" rule, and fuck charging a $3 coffee (or having to add a fair trade muffin and artisanal granola bar to go over the $10 minimum to use a CC) to my credit card. I only tend to carry $40 - 60 in cash at the start of the week though, last me to the weekend.

krae_man

Power went out at work. Only light I have is my laptop and my phone and batteries don't last forever. I'm scared.

Edit: I get to go home early. Hope a tree doesn't fall on me as I walk home.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I carry bills because I get coffee and eat at restaurants fairly often. Many of the places I end up going to have the stupid "cash or credit card only" rule, and fuck charging a $3 coffee (or having to add a fair trade muffin and artisanal granola bar to go over the $10 minimum to use a CC) to my credit card. I only tend to carry $40 - 60 in cash at the start of the week though, last me to the weekend.
Those businesses wouldn't get my business.

I always have cash on me. Habit, I guess. And I'm uneasy when I have no cash on hand.
It's because you're a old lady, unlike my young self. ;)

Sober

I thought we had this discussion a few meetups ago where we all agreed Fuzzy is now an old, old man, the oldest of us all.

Quick

Banned
Go to Sydney's on queen street. They sell clothing made in Canada and the fabrics are from Japan. Incredibly quality and fit. Brand is called united stock dry goods.

Overall, if you want quality clothing go there, Nomad across the street, Over the Rainbow in yorkville. Uncle Otis is nice as well.

There are more if you want recommendations.

I'm probably not going to afford the service anytime soon, but Sydney's made-to-measure service is a cool aspect of their store.

I actually think I stepped inside Sydney's once, but I wasn't really thinking about local brands at that time.

Queen west shops probably your best bet. The main Canadian stuff I wear is from Rudsak, it's aight but this year's offerings have not been to my taste. Too much cotton and fur.

http://www.rudsak.com/en/men

ya'll gotta do double egg at ryoji

That's a ways off from my usual attire, too much black, too much Generic Asian.

20 Canadian Brands Every Highsnob Reader Should Know. In addition to the aforementioned retailers on Queen street, also check out Haven and Gravity Pope. Are you interested in performance or fashion? Your priority determines what 'quality' means for you. I like tech so arc'teryx veilance is my canadian choice if I decide to splurge for 'quality'

p.s. some stores will be doing specials for blackfriday

Reigning Champ has some pretty nice stuff, but I don't know if I'd want to drop $100+ on basic wear.

I've seen Naked and Famous denim, but didn't realize they were Canadian.

On a related fashion note: I bought a coat from H&M, didn't really put it to any kind of stress test (arm movements mainly) and realized that it doesn't fit properly when I got home to wear it with stuff I'd match it with. Now I gotta exchange it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I wat...
Those businesses wouldn't get my business.

You made me agree with Fuzzface. You shall die, soultron! :mad:

Since when do coffee places have a minimum for your CC??? and I usually use paywave all the time too. Beats lugging change and bills around.

Rinoa

I just don't get these wallets that you have to fold bills multiple times for.

Having to fold plus the creasing in spots it won't want to crease is really annoying. I'm sure that's fine for USA bills at least. Love the design of the ones that fold regular tho.

Yeah, why do people carry bills at all? Only time I have any bills is when I stop at an ATM on my way to a GAF meetup.

From getting ya nails did to restaurant bills to a luxury car.
asian discount life. step 1: have big cash munny

Wind was terrible when walking to western hospital from spadina tonight. At least it wasn't -20 but dang, I couldn't even breathe inwards at some points.

I was watching the news and then saw a giant tree fell over right by my apartment building. My girlfriend walks that route and just missed it, I guess.

Willectro

Banned
Anyone have good experiences with comedy clubs downtown? I'd prefer somewhere low key that has stand up. Obviously Yuk Yuks, Second City, Absolute Comedy, and Comedy Bar are all pretty decent.

N° 2048

Anyone have good experiences with comedy clubs downtown? I'd prefer somewhere low key that has stand up. Obviously Yuk Yuks, Second City, Absolute Comedy, and Comedy Bar are all pretty decent.

Saw some improv few years back at Second City. Was pretty darn funny.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Divvy!!!!!

I got reservations at Yasu tonight.

Now I'm going to rave about it and then shit on it when I have sushi in Japan on Thursday! D:

Might not be posting much but I'll try to check in from time to time to stop the snowball sucking #teamwinter

Quick, you gotta take over the role of Leafs Age Komarov for a bit! D:

Rinoa, you gotta make sure to hold that #teamwarm torch high :'D

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Divvy!!!!!

Now I'm going to rave about it and then shit on it when I have sushi in Japan on Thursday! D:

Might not be posting much but I'll try to check in from time to time to stop the snowball sucking #teamwinter

Enjoy you lucky bastard. I've been meaning to goto Japan, but won't have a chance until 2016. Have fun!

Quadratic

Divvy!!!!!

I'm pretty jealous. Let us know how it is. We're you on the wait list a long time? I can't justify going at the moment.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty jealous. Let us know how it is. We're you on the wait list a long time? I can't justify going at the moment.

Eh, I guess it's an xmas gift to myself and penance since I'm going to Japan and my wife isn't.

I guess I lucked out since it's the middle of the week and it wasn't busy. I just checked this morning and got 2 seats.

E-DuB

Bit of an odd question but does anyone have any connections to Belleville? The girlfriend landed a pretty lucrative job there and I'll probably just request a transfer out there to join her and wanted to know if anyone can give me a heads up of whats good and what's not in the city.

Thanks peeps

EDIT: Also fuck this bipolar weather and fuck people that are sick and that are close talkers.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was watching the news and then saw a giant tree fell over right by my apartment building. My girlfriend walks that route and just missed it, I guess.
Better luck next time?

I walked through a Walmart today and saw the Kirby Amiibo. I need to be strong.

Top Bottom