• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I figured it out.

So it'll be colder then normal but it looks like we'll just miss out on getting proper fucked by snow.

Probably just regular fucked with a chance for a proper fucking once or twice.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
YOS9RCZ.jpg

a508vlH.jpg

MDdYRnl.jpg

D5zRPfs.jpg

Z7tYaOd.jpg

OZ61HDh.jpg

78XfGEB.jpg

1QIL6ZA.jpg

V6BVPix.jpg

7vGCtRo.jpg

w9LtDQ9.jpg

T2UgnRt.jpg

I'm kind of tired...so quick and dirty just like how kave_man hates it.

Apologies for the image spam.

Yasu Sushi Bar
81 Harbord St, Toronto, ON M5S
$80 for Omakase
Everything was freaking good. Service was top notch, taste was incredible, facilities were clean and pleasant. Chef and servers were friendly and the chef encouraged discussion and was very engaging with the clients. THIS was what I was expecting when I had gone to Sushi Kaji awhile ago. Simply fantastic sushi with tons of flavour without all the other unnecessary stuff that a lot of places in Toronto toss in. The best pieces for me were the tuna, the salmon roe, and the sea urchin and the one I didn't really like was the eel.

The servers and the chef pay attention to what you're doing, so I never had to ask for more water, or more tea. In fact, when I was eating with my hands, the server noted it and handed me a towel to wipe my hands off with. The chef answered a bunch of questions and I was really surprised at how knowledgeable he was about the source of the ingredients. Everything was fresh and besides the eel, there were no complaints.

Just some caution that you're going to get about 15-18 pieces and the server and chef will come and tell you that it's the last piece; they offer more, but it's an extra $10 per piece. Additionally, reservations are hit and miss and can be hard to get at times; I lucked out and got reservations for today at 5PM, and when I arrived and started eating, I noted there were easily 6 other seats available, so they could've accommodated more. If you want a popular night such as Friday/Saturday/Sunday, then you'll have to book in advance. Seating if for 5pm and 9:30 pm, so you have to pick one of those too as well and can't simply just drop in since the chef makes the pieces for everyone at the same time.

Rinoa

Rinoa, you gotta make sure to hold that #teamwarm torch high :'D

Bought three new sweaters to battle the #teamwinter woes.

I'm going to NYC during the winter break and was wondering what the cheapest way to purchase USD is. Any advice?

I find it's easiest to just take out at an ATM lately. I never bother with pre-trip exchange unless it's amount to spend specifically on shopping (for things like clothes or bags and seem like you already own) and >10k.

(good sushi)

For peeps allergic to certain seafood, could we ever do "hella different kinds of salmon please" or is it omakase onry?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kuro knows just what I want. :3
Just the tip.
I don't think I would eat that first one. It looks like clear worms.
Baby sardines :p I would think people would be more squeamish with the sea urchin especially if they've had it fresh.
img_0400.jpg

What Kave really wants
Wild Wings wings? Medium?
Bought three new sweaters to battle the #teamwinter woes.

For peeps allergic to certain seafood, could we ever do "hella different kinds of salmon please" or is it omakase onry?
That high torch :')
The server will ask everyone beforehand about preferences and allergies. The chef will also repeat this as a just in case. Dude next to me wanted gluten free (-_-) and no dairy. His date wanted no wasabi even though she was Asian. The other couple wanted less wasabi. Wife and I said it was all good.

Quadratic

Kruo, do you have a fixer that can get you into Sukiyabasi Jiro? It's probably unattainable for me but I want to live vicariously through you!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Those would be Duffs wings
Damn meant duffs. Went there about 2 months ago.
Kruo, do you have a fixer that can get you into Sukiyabasi Jiro? It's probably unattainable for me but I want to live vicariously through you!
Oh, I wish. I'm not baller like Kraft with his connections, but we'll see if we can't get into other places. There's Yasuda and there's also one from Jiro's son.
Sometimes I feel like I'm a pleb for not liking sushi. Granted I probably never had what could be considered good sushi.
I was in the Ewww bait disgusting slimy territory before I had some at a buffet and I had it on my goddamn mind all week. Now I love it to hell. Wife was the same except she had terrible sushi in Korea and when she came here and I took her to a regular place, she fell in love with it.

Really, you get used to the rice first and then you get by the raw fish pretty quick. Helps if you've had rare steak or raw oysters too.

There are some places like Sushi Yasu though...that tuna oh my god! Every tiny square of that piece of fish just had the most wonderful flavour and the wasabi root the chef used just enhanced it.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The worst thing about this city is that sometimes you accidentally eat a durian flavoured dessert without knowing

mr.rager

Anyone picking up anything tomorrow? I'm gonna be lining up at 12AM for these

air-jordan-6-black-infrared-23-3m-2.jpg

Gonna drag my gf along so I can get 2 pairs lol. Not looking forward to going to work right after though.

Liberty4all

Banned
Wife is dragging me out all over town for black Friday shopping. Premium outlets in the morning, heartland at afternoon, possible costco/target/walmart stops.

:*(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Anyone picking up anything tomorrow? I'm gonna be lining up at 12AM for these

air-jordan-6-black-infrared-23-3m-2.jpg

Gonna drag my gf along so I can get 2 pairs lol. Not looking forward to going to work right after though.

Damn these look nice.

I'm totally gonna ask my bro to grab me a pair.

Liberty4all

Banned
I don't understand doorbuster deals in canada for usa thanksgiving. it's not a holiday here. are people really skipping work/school to get a crappy sale at walmart?

By unhappy happenstance my wife and I are on vacation this week and planned to do our Xmas shopping this weekend. I didn't even realize it was going to fall on bf.

I'm hoping its not too bad being in Canada and that most people will be at work.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ I hate flying...well, I hate it when it's 13 hours and then a 1 hour taxi ride after...

Nice and temperate here so Japan is #teamwarm

Top Bottom