• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Willectro

Banned
Never had it.
Don't care for sports.
I'm more of a fall, not too warm, not too cold kinda guy.

What? Never had Burger's Priest?

TPjzJkk.jpg

mr.rager

Never had it.
Don't care for sports.
I'm more of a fall, not too warm, not too cold kinda guy.

wtf%20(2).gif

Junior Mint gets a pass for now cause he was a dirty Vancouverite and decided to come to our glorious city.

He is talking about him...

Feel kinda sick from the cold. Going to take a hot bath and hope it goes away the last two days I'm here.

I've never heard of the deers in Nara til now but goddamn that was pretty amazing. They can get quite a bit aggressive but it was the experience of a lifetime and it's highly recommended. You can buy cookies for them and they'll come right up to you and you can feed and generally pet them. Like I said, they can be a bit aggressive and I had one nip my clothing and another headbutt me and follow me around. They do have antlers but the dangerous ones generally have those cut down. My friend did get nailed in the balls from one with small horns though...

Also had okonomiyaki and it was friggin fantastic here. Not sure what we're getting tonight but the highlight of the trip so far is Kyoto and Nara.

Okonomiyaki is so good. Amazing for getting over hangovers!

Did you get to visit Fushimi Inari while in Kyoto? One of the most amazing places I've ever been to. If I remember correctly, there's over 1.25 million of those red gates going up the mountain. I waited for like 5 minutes for everyone to get away from this area so I can get a clean shot lol

and Kiyomizu Dera

vSRCwcB.jpg

Windam

Scaley member
DWND often has a winter coat sale, can get heads up if on the email list. It helps with dem prices.

Burberry has a ton in good fit for that style, dunno if it is warm enough for beyond -10 tho.

I should probably mention I'm a broke university student. :D

WR6NZpz.gif

I went through a few sizes for my coat before ultimately landing something that fits well enough without being oversized.

Either something is oversized, or rarely enough, is too small.

He is talking about him...

.................................................................wat. OH HELL NAW HE AIN'T COMIN' HERE AND DIDN'T TELL ME

Mupod

I'm used to impatient people around here now, but getting repeatedly honked at by a school bus because I'm unwilling to run over pedestrians crossing the street is a new one. Stay classy Etobicoke.

Junior Mint gets a pass for now cause he was a dirty Vancouverite and decided to come to our glorious city.

D:

BTW, P&L burger is having some anniversary special for the next week or so. They have rotating combos for $8 every day. Today was the deluxe burger. Having now finally tried Burger's Priest and P&L, I think P&L is better. Especially since they take credit. BUT they only seem to do burgers well. Fries, onion rings, even the drinks were meh. Somehow the Diet Coke doesn't taste right to me... it's like they're using shitty water to mix with the syrup or something.

Also finally visited Muji today. Cool store but the stuff they carry is way less than what I saw when I visited the store in Hong Kong. Also, I think the prices are higher too.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
D:

BTW, P&L burger is having some anniversary special for the next week or so. They have rotating combos for $8 every day. Today was the deluxe burger. Having now finally tried Burger's Priest and P&L, I think P&L is better. Especially since they take credit. BUT they only seem to do burgers well. Fries, onion rings, even the drinks were meh. Somehow the Diet Coke doesn't taste right to me... it's like they're using shitty water to mix with the syrup or something.

Also finally visited Muji today. Cool store but the stuff they carry is way less than what I saw when I visited the store in Hong Kong. Also, I think the prices are higher too.
Unfortunately, my travel companions went and I went back to the hotel. Starting to really feel under the weather here from the fucking cold. It was my fault for not dressing warmer since the previous days were fine, just went.

I got chills and body aches and my roommate snores. It's not his fault and I am a nitpicky sleeper but he was anything other than a lovable snorlax I'd elbow drop him so hard it would bring Macho Man back from the grave to give me a thumbs up.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501488.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-88E54C1759358674
A game about the TTC that's only about the speed of the TTC when the game is on pause or you quit the game because the game smells and the developers are dicks.

Does anyone know of any service in the city where I can trade in old or used computer parts for cash? I usually go the Kijiji or RFD route but I have a lot of stuff and I don't want to go through the hassle of selling each thing individually, and I doubt there's much of an audience for some of this stuff.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What's a good place to take a date downtown?
Depends. What do you and the date like doing? If it's a first date, I don't recommend movie.
Ripley's Aquarium?
I've only heard good things...will need to take wife there when I get back. I miss her :'(
Board game cafe?
Board game pub :)
Ice skating at NPS is great, if the weather permits. You can rent skates for cheap, pretty sure it's <$10/pair.
Too cold. Coldtron. I was actually skating at Habourfront about 10 years ago and it suddenly got very cold. It was the worst feeling in the world (kind of like how I feel now but 10 times worse). Chills, body aches and pain, pain moving, pain existing, shivering. Though the last time I also had whooping cough as well and I shit you not, every breath I took I coughed. I was miserable and missed 2 weeks of work.

AND THIS IS WHY I WILL ALWAYS BE #TEAMWARM ! ESPECIALLY WHEN THE COLD MESSED UP THE LAST 3 DAYS OF JAPAN! >=[

I'm free all month. When am I coming down for a meetup? =D
When it gets warmer ;)

I think we did have one in December sometime, but I don't recall. I don't plan on leaving the house and will beg to work from home as much as I can in December.

Anyone have any suggestions for my PC parts problem? i could donate them, but I wouldn't mind making some cash and putting it towards a new build or something.

isny

napkin dispenser
If you're willing to tackle it, you're welcome to.

I don't think anyone is planning one till next year. Kraeman (who usually organizes) is off to PSE in Las Vegas.

Hmm, cando I guess. Not sure how many people would be interested though?

I also can't promise a restaurant that is actually open for business, so there's that too.

Welp, it's that time of year again. Getting some extreme coughs these past few weeks that I initially attributed to a cat we got in our home last month but now I'm thinking I'm legit getting sick now.

This always happens during the winter too. Fuck winter.

My only friends right now:

Halls-CH-9ct-Stick.jpg

IMG_3202_thumb.jpg

Rinoa

I should probably mention I'm a broke university student. :D

When you graduate you will be rich lah. Just a few more years of feeling cold then.

AND THIS IS WHY I WILL ALWAYS BE #TEAMWARM ! ESPECIALLY WHEN THE COLD MESSED UP THE LAST 3 DAYS OF JAPAN! >=[

I had a cold before I went there in February (due to a sick coworker who didn't stay home). The cold was on its way out and I was thinking of wearing a bunch of silly face masks (they do nothing!) but in the end couldn't be arsed.

Welp, it's that time of year again. Getting some extreme coughs these past few weeks that I initially attributed to a cat we got in our home last month but now I'm thinking I'm legit getting sick now.

This always happens during the winter too. Fuck winter.

My only friends right now:

Halls suck. Fisherman's Friend 4 lyfe

krae_man

Hmm, cando I guess. Not sure how many people would be interested though?

I also can't promise a restaurant that is actually open for business, so there's that too.

I'm down for attending whenever so long as it's not during PAX South(Jan 23-25). Quadratic and I are going down to San Antonio for that. Or this weekend(duh).

Edit: Actually, don't think I can make any date this month. Maybe the 12th or 13th.

Quadratic

I wish we could have a meet up at wvrst. That place is so chill.

(yes I know you guys tried to have one there before)

I went with some friends before. It's okay. The GAF hype didn't help (inflated expectations).

I find it hilarious we always get denied. It's probably better we don't go. It'll preserve the mystique that way.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey fuck you mr Scarberia! >={

Just landed. Damned depressed. Went from rain to snow and the land of no capsules, bad burger joints, and the TTC.

I missed all you guys though!
not enough for a cold meet up

Edit: also for those desperate for their LE smash wii u controllers or the adaptor, there should be plenty in Japan if the dirty scalpers here are still being dicks. So check your local import shop!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
*high five*

All the cool kids have 647 as their area code.
All the new kids on the block representing.

I used to have a 416 number but this was before porting and I lost it when I switched. Despite the 647 number though, my number is super easy to remember.

Man...that trip was really something. I feel I need a vacation to recover from that vacation. 12 hour flights with hours of walking and blood sugar levels going nuts from food and exercise messed me up good. I had fun; I'm just completely drained.

Top Bottom