• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck winter fuck christmas fuck cold weather.

tumblr_nd93gvwIoQ1sdnzxno2_250.gif

#dontevencare

I love Stephanie McMahon.

She's done well from when she started off as a troll baby decades ago.

I'm flying back in on Christmas eve

Vancouver is just rain all the damn time and if this is what I have to look forward to in Toronto...aghhhh

I really wanted a lot of snow

Stet

Banned
Does anyone else use CIBC online banking? It's been fucked for weeks. Every time I try to do anything it takes thirty tries.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If you have a UofT alumni email account, you get access to UNLIMITED GOOGLE DRIVE SPACE!

I've had an account for about 5 years now and only just found out about this. Time to backup everything!
D: there a sign up page????

Make use some something from that goddamn time I spent there.

At least I didn't go to York...

D: there a sign up page????

Make use some something from that goddamn time I spent there.

At least I didn't go to York...

http://alumni.utoronto.ca/services/alumni-email/

Those who graduated after 2011 will have their accounts automatically changed to @alumni.utoronto.ca.

(I graduated before 2012 so I had to make a separate account; my old @utoronto.ca account still works fine, just that it is separate from the @alumni.utoronto.ca account)

Maybe I should make a thread about this?

Quick

Banned
Ryerson University |OT| Tinderella, Tinderella!

U of T |OT| Snobriety Test

UTSC |OT| Oh look, they're like U of T! So cute!

Willectro

Banned
I just used YouTube and looked at tutorials whenever I needed explanations or inspiration. A few examples with be the Mike Browne YouTube channel and the DigitalRev YouTube channel. The latter is more of a fun-ish way to know about cameras and is more fun than actual information but the way its structured made learning more enjoyable. Plus, their Pro Photographer, Cheap Camera series is pretty great. If you ever have any doubts about the quality of your camera, those videos will definitely get you inspired and teach you that you don't need a great camera at all to get great photos -- just a creative mind.

I also frequent Reddit's Photography subreddit. They're pretty friendly to beginners and lots of resources for you to look at. The users there even created a photography class here: http://www.r-photoclass.com/

Anyway, I think my biggest tips would be learn composition and just take photos. A lot of it will look crap but it will get better over time.

Interesting, thanks a lot.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Come back, EvilMario

krae_man

That's the only Stephanie McMahon I know.. stopped watching WWF when it was still WWF. Seems she's had a ton of interesting surgery since then.

You're not missing much. Unless you hate yourself, in that case you're missing valuable self torture opportunities!

yyzjohn

Banned
"Mixed precipitation" does not sound pleasant

Honestly with those temps the "mixed" stuff would fall overnight while we sleep and then as it warns up its rain. I can live with that all day long!

Going into Jan without a sniff of snow? Yes please! Team winter has to realize that after Feb, its all over for them :)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly with those temps the "mixed" stuff would fall overnight while we sleep and then as it warns up its rain. I can live with that all day long!

Going into Jan without a sniff of snow? Yes please! Team winter has to realize that after Feb, its all over for them :)
VICTOLY!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The Burger Priest I went to was on Highway 7 and Weston area. Wasn't tiny or crammed, only had 2 or 3 people in there.

Made the rookie mistake of getting the chili burger one. Next time just getting a regular burger that won't absorb it's juices into my bread making it soggy and gross.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What Chinese place should I go to this Christmas?

Kinda want to have some duck....
That depends. Peking duck or BBQ duck? BBQ duck you can get at any butcher's shop. Peking duck you need to go to a restaurant or an AYCE that has it. The last place I went to was ok but it was near Pacific Mall (relatively, not exactly close) but it was alright if a bit lacking in the meat.
Are all the burger priest locations tiny and jammed with customers? I've only been to the one north on yonge and the queen st location iirc.
Guess it keeps overhead down and lines moving because people aren't sitting around or waiting for a seat, you know it'll be in and out. Though they got some pretty cute cashiers so I don't mind waiting.
Who else is suffering at work today?

I work until noon on Christmas Eve then I'm done for 2014.
Working from home. Ahhhh it's nice.
Went to the one on Yonge, south of York Mills, was tiny and jammed. Not sure about other burger places. It probably is the best I have had but it wasn't a revelation.
That's what I'm going for. Best. Not religious experience even if it's a burger made for God.
The Burger Priest I went to was on Highway 7 and Weston area. Wasn't tiny or crammed, only had 2 or 3 people in there.

Made the rookie mistake of getting the chili burger one. Next time just getting a regular burger that won't absorb it's juices into my bread making it soggy and gross.
Didn't we, I?, say just to get a regular burger? Their burgers with blue cheese....ehhhhhhhhh

Top Bottom