• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

soultron

Banned
Merry Christmas TO-GAF.

Looking forward to a nice dinner with the family.

As we've gotten older we stopped giving each other presents and just spoil all the kids.

We do that in my family too and it's the best. Family time is the true gift as you get older, as fromage as that sounds.

John Blade

Wish everyone a happy Christmas. Right now, trying to save one of my Storage HDD which have quite a bit of stuff I like to salvage. Going to be a long day for it but I don`t mind. Wondering what you guys or girls are doing this time as I was thinking of going out on Boxing day but might not get anything as I am getting a gift for my co-worker at work.

Merry Christmas TO-GAF!

Going to play the shit out of Demon's Souls/Dark Souls :D

I usually like snow on Christmas but I'm not complaining after what happened last winter. Never again!

Should be open. Ask for an Iced Capp since it's so warm out :D

VICTOLY, SUCKA!!!!!!!!!!

I just started drinking coffee, so I doubt I'll even like the latte. But it's free. (I never liked the taste of coffee before, and tried a McDonald's latte which was gross. However, I'm warming up to it.)

As for it being warm: Yeah, you're right. It's nice t-shirt weather out there, so long as you don't stay outside for too long. F*** coats.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I just started drinking coffee, so I doubt I'll even like the latte. But it's free. (I never liked the taste of coffee before, and tried a McDonald's latte which was gross. However, I'm warming up to it.)

As for it being warm: Yeah, you're right. It's nice t-shirt weather out there, so long as you don't stay outside for too long. F*** coats.
COLDLESS VICTORY!
SNOWLESS VICTORY!

I despised coffee since most coffee here is overbrewed and over-roasted disgusting puke. If the coffee is really good, you don't need to pollute it with all that sugar and cream like the double doubles up here, which I think jolts people awake more from the sugar than the caffeine.

Coffee actually in South America and other parts is vastly superior to whatever crap we import get up here. I just a tiny bit of brown sugar when I was down in Cuba and the Dominican Republic and it was so tasty. Hell, I even remember my wife telling me this Brazilian woman invited her over for coffee once and they had 4 pots of it since it was so good. I'm now a fan of good coffee though I haven't had really good coffee and none straight since my trip to DR.

Ahhh...
2012 pizza wars
2013 ramen wars
2014 sushi wars
2015 coffee wars
Forever burger wars

zroid

Banned
Looks like one of the Timmy's near me (Hwy 7/McCowan) actually is open today!

^ Double doubles are gross. I don't know how people can drink that stuff.

Well, that Tim Horton's dream latte is more like a hot sugar drink than coffee/latte lol. Insane amounts of sugar in it, doubt you'd even taste the coffee (or espresso) at that point.

2015 coffee wars

Let's get this started: Early Bird Espresso & Brew Bar

jokkir

Coffee? Gross?

uXpAZS0.gif

I like ordering hot chocolate with some coffee in it. I heard a woman order it last year and I've been ordering it consistently since.

BTW is Timmie's open today?

Quick

Banned
I'm not a coffee person either. I only ever drink it once in a while. My usual go-to for Tim's or Starbucks is hot chocolate or frappuccinos.

Merry Christmas, TO-GAF. The lack of snow pleases me greatly.

soultron

Banned
I like ordering hot chocolate with some coffee in it. I heard a woman order it last year and I've been ordering it consistently since.

BTW is Timmie's open today?

Hot chocolate with a peppermint teabag in it. That's my favourite Tim Horton's "secret item."

Other than that I hate Tim Horton's.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I spent most of the day at my uncle's house and it's hard for me to move right now. I wore the air-brushed TARDIS t-shirt my brother brought back for me from his trip to London last month and now I'm gonna sit and watch the DW Christmas Special. :)

PS I love coffee but my body is a little messed up because 20 minutes after having an after dinner espresso I have to fight to keep my eyes open. I love having a long espresso really late at night when I'm on vacation in the Caribbean or in Portugal and then hitting the sack. I usually only put a half a sugar in it.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Coffee is the elixir of life.

I would literally not function anymore without it

EDIT: Also, this year's boxing day sales are the saddest I've ever seen

k4g47J1.png

Fuck you Futureshop

zroid

Banned

u of t fucked me up man

I feel like shit throughout the day if I haven't had coffee yet. thankfully I'm not
yet
at the point where I need multiple cups a day...

soultron

Banned

EDIT: Also, this year's boxing day sales are the saddest I've ever seen

k4g47J1.png

Fuck you Futureshop

lol @ shopping at FS for PC components.

The 970/980 will not see discounts while there are still low- and mid-tier GTX 6XX and 7XX series cards to get rid of.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
lol @ shopping at FS for PC components.

The 970/980 will not see discounts while there are still low- and mid-tier GTX 6XX and 7XX series cards to get rid of.
It's the same three dollars off at newegg as well.

Why even advertise that other than as a big fuck you to anyone that wanted one.

Sober

cuz 359 is not 360 bucks is not 363 bucks!!!!

seriously though, haha what the fuck. next you're gonna tell me that's all MIRs too.

soultron

Banned
Not trying to pull the Ubisoft card here, but other retailers charge more, but they offer the free gift of ACU/Crew/FC4, which you can sell off if you don't want them, maybe making the card less than FS and newegg's price. (Unless newegg is doing the Ubi promo as well.)

Quadratic

Staying home for Boxing Day. Too much crazy out there to save a few bucks. Parking/crowds are always nuts. Maybe I can find a deal or two online.

whitehawk

Banned
Staying home for Boxing Day. Too much crazy out there to save a few bucks. Parking/crowds are always nuts. Maybe I can find a deal or two online.
maybe its because I didn't go downtown but there were barely any crowds at target this morning. Granted I did get there about 4 hours after they opened.

Top Bottom