• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quadratic

What Chinese place should I go to this Christmas?

Kinda want to have some duck....

I like this place downtown for Peking duck. http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/houseofgourmet Great portions and it's open late.

If you read the review it mainly slams the service. Servers not being fluent in English. Just point at the menu. I've never had an issue there personally. If you ask for a fork or a glass of water they might be a bit slow. That's about it.

dubq

Ryerson University |OT| Tinderella, Tinderella!

U of T |OT| Snobriety Test

UTSC |OT| Oh look, they're like U of T! So cute!

YorkU |OT| I've made a huge mistake

OCADU |OT| No really, we're a University now! Please call us a University!

;)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I like this place downtown for Peking duck. http://www.blogto.com/restaurants/houseofgourmet Great portions and it's open late.

If you read the review it mainly slams the service. Servers not being fluent in English. Just point at the menu. I've never had an issue there personally. If you ask for a fork or a glass of water they might be a bit slow. That's about it.
Damn Generic Asians! D: Even then though, I never know if they speak Mandarin or Cantonese. These days, it's Mandarin. Bloody useless Cantonese...even HK peeps are moving to Mandarin slowly.

Generic Asians cannot communicate with Generic Asians. We're all Kraftwerks.
Worked today. I work until 4 on Christmas Eve and then I'm back on the Monday.
That sucks...I have a half day Christmas Eve. Off 25/26 and then back again on the Monday though it's so slow I did almost nothing today.
YorkU |OT| I've made a huge mistake

OCADU |OT| No really, we're a University now! Please call us a University!
D:
;)

Hmm...

FREEEEEEEDOM! Thank you Fuck you York for deciding to release me this late.
Schulich/Osgoode/York | OT4 | Let My People Go

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Can't talking Peking duck in Toronto without mentioning Peking Man Restaurant at Sheppard and Leslie.

The decor is shit, the mascot is racist:

r76wQ6O.jpg

But the duck is amazing

http://www.pekingman.ca/english/home.asp

Mr. F

Banned
Anyone have any experience with Showmi or CraveTV? Not interested in either after hearing they require cable subscriptions, but curious how they stack up after seeing ads plastered all over the city.

yyzjohn

Banned
I'm on #TeamWarm but rain on christmas = NOPE

Last year's christmas was such a perfect one :(

Perfect? There were still people without power last year at this time cause of the ice storm. This year's Christmas is PERFECT. Wearing a light jacket to go to my brother's place for Christmas Eve....love it!

zroid

Banned
Have to drive to Brantford tomorrow for Christmas dinner so pretty grateful for the lack of snow/icy roads. Hopefully the rain/wind isn't too bad though.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thankful I got an extended vacation and the lack of snow. I'd rather the snow next month than now.

I was sick on Monday, didn't go into the office. Tuesday, worked from home. Today was a half day, so I worked from home as well.

Won't be back in the office until Jan 5th, which means lots of time to catch up on gaming and hanging with the fam and the gf.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thankful I got an extended vacation and the lack of snow. I'd rather the snow next month than now.

I was sick on Monday, didn't go into the office. Tuesday, worked from home. Today was a half day, so I worked from home as well.

Won't be back in the office until Jan 5th, which means lots of time to catch up on gaming and hanging with the fam and the gf.
What games?

No snow on Xmas. Worst Xmas.

I don't mind it. There's no grass to cut, no snow to shovel and no leaves to rake. Plus, the roads are fine.

It's probably pretty nice outside, too. Borderline no coat weather. (I hate coats and usually avoid them whenever possible)

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate. Happy Channukah to those who celebrate it.

Is Tim Horton's open today?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind it. There's no grass to cut, no snow to shovel and no leaves to rake. Plus, the roads are fine.

It's probably pretty nice outside, too. Borderline no coat weather. (I hate coats and usually avoid them whenever possible)

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate. Happy Channukah to those who celebrate it.

Is Tim Horton's open today?
Should be open. Ask for an Iced Capp since it's so warm out :D
Roads being safe for everyone travelling today is the only positive for me. Bah humbug.
VICTOLY, SUCKA!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not looking forward to travelling. There's nothing to do where I'm going, so I'll just sit there, staring at a wall for hours on end. Two days of that.

On Thanksgiving weekend, I stayed home.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Merry Christmas TO GAF!

Phhhht.I ask for Iced Caps year round. Cold doesn't stop me!

Last two times I had an Iced Cap it was nasty. I should try it from a different Timmy's.
Hmm...did you ask for milk instead of cream? Only bad one I ever had was asking for one of the larger sizes. I got wrecked...this low sugar avoidance is making everything much sweeter now.
I'm not looking forward to travelling. There's nothing to do where I'm going, so I'll just sit there, staring at a wall for hours on end. Two days of that.

On Thanksgiving weekend, I stayed home.
Watch something on Netflix or play a game? I got so many that I dunno what to even play.

Hmm...did you ask for milk instead of cream? Only bad one I ever had was asking for one of the larger sizes. I got wrecked...this low sugar avoidance is making everything much sweeter now.

Watch something on Netflix or play a game? I got so many that I dunno what to even play.

I don't really have many devices, or a Netflix subscription, nor do they.

Ah well

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

No but now that you mention it, that could be it. It was much darker in colour than normal. It was like there was not enough cream.

Quadratic

Merry Christmas TO-GAF.

Looking forward to a nice dinner with the family.

As we've gotten older we stopped giving each other presents and just spoil all the kids.

Top Bottom