• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

soultron

Banned
The snow today was GLORIOUS! I was sitting in Sansotei with a buddy and saw it from the window and it was the BEST.

But then it ended in like 10 minutes. :(

Still, the entire week will be below 0, so here's hoping for more snow!

mr.rager

My friend wrote something on blogto, do any of you Missisauga folk relate?

10 signs you grew up in Mississauga

Here are 10 signs you grew up in Mississauga.

1. You appreciate that all buses eventually end up at Square One, and you refer to the City Centre neighbourhood as downtown, without irony.

Not all buses end up at Square One. Most people I know refer to it as Square One area. When we say downtown, 100% of the time we mean downtown Toronto.

2. You will decry anyone for not knowing that Pearson Airport is actually in Mississauga, not Toronto.

Not really.

3. You are the only true 905 but when you first got a cellphone, you did your best to get a 416 number.

416 was the only option for me and many others, I rock the 647 now.

4. You've probably spent more time in Tim Horton's parking lots then inside of one. You've also probably spent more time under bridges than you'd care to admit.

First part is true, second part not so much.

5. Despite living in a white-washed suburb, you probably have friends from almost every region of the world, and know how to cus in at least Polish and Tagalog.

Kurwa! Putangina!

6. You didn't appreciate the mega-screens and mini-put at Erin Mills Town Centre until they were gone.

Never cared for either one.

7. You don't know where Oakville/Brampton begins, but you know where Etobicoke begins. You don't know where Lorne Park is. You know where 5 and 10 is.

I know all of the boundaries and Lorne Park. 5 and 10 = Dundas and Hurontario.

8. The Train Derailment of 1979 is a thing of legend.

Put Sauga on the map!

9. When you say you went to UofT, you don't voluntarily mention it was the Erindale Campus.

I giggled.

10. You know it as Sauga.

Word. 905 baby!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
When I was a kid we didn't have area codes!

When they introduced them we all got rulers to remind us.

Suck it you youngsters!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
When I was a kid we didn't have area codes!

When they introduced them we all got rulers to remind us.

Suck it you youngsters!
Rulers? Loser. I got (and still have) a fridge magnet/letter opener from a year after the 416/905 split reminding us that we had to use the area code all the time.

GUYaYM2l.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Haha anyone remember when you'd call and not use the area code the recording would basically be all "oh seems you forgot the area code, we'll let it slide this time but remember soon you won't be able to get away with this shit you fucker!"

Quick

Banned
That probably explains why some people (mainly seniors) give me their number without the area code. They'd usually double back and add it in.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
we aren't a 2 area code city anymore... :(

289, 365, 416, 437, 647, 905 (and eventually 387!)

way too many

ps anyone still find it funny we still use brackets for area codes despite them not being optional

and kave man can live out the glory days by calling bells phone number (310-bell) its the only number i know that still accepts calls without the area code

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
we aren't a 2 area code city anymore... :(

289, 365, 416, 437, 647, 905 (and eventually 387!)

way too many

ps anyone still find it funny we still use brackets for area codes despite them not being optional

and kave man can live out the glory days by calling bells phone number (310-bell) its the only number i know that still accepts calls without the area code
Nah, there are other companies that accept it.

I had to call back for an interview once and they said to dial that and NOT use the area code..,it didn't work...

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, the days of no area codes.

The thing that annoys me about 905 is that I don't always know what is long distance 905 and local 905.

zroid

Banned
Ah, the days of no area codes.

The thing that annoys me about 905 is that I don't always know what is long distance 905 and local 905.

I've always found it bizarre that I can call anywhere in Toronto locally but elsewhere in York Region is long distance. There's probably some esoteric reason for it, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Top Bottom