• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Happy New Years!

One thing I'll note is that I had no idea that they stopped televising the Nathan Philips Square event. We don't rate TV coverage anymore. lol

Quick

Banned
Happy New Years!

One thing I'll note is that I had no idea that they stopped televising the Nathan Philips Square event. We don't rate TV coverage anymore. lol

Was coverage really so bad last year that they decided not to broadcast it this year?

I wasn't watching anything earlier, so I had no idea it didn't even air.

Sober

Happy New Years!

They broadcast it on CP24, but I wasn't there to see if people were hosting it or if they brought out any performers. Also I dunno if it was the CP24 feed or NPS, but lol@ playing Sia's Chandelier after we rolled into 2015.

jokkir

Was coverage really so bad last year that they decided not to broadcast it this year?

I wasn't watching anything earlier, so I had no idea it didn't even air.

Wasn't it cancelled last year because of the weather? They had some street festival instead?

They didn't broadcast it last year or if they did, it was very minimal. I remember because I was wondering what it looked like at City Hall compared to New York. And nope, they just didn't show it. My friend went to the event but left because it felt like -30 or something outside.

Dyno

Five Guys + Imperial Pub = best NYE 2015

Happy NY, TOGAF!

You were in my neighbourhood!

I really like the Imperial. It's got that perfect amount of old-school sketch. Everytime I end up there too late there is always some off-the-books craziness going on, like a visiting rugby team or a bus full of Shriners stop by and start singing songs. I've been propositioned to buy a block of cheese there twice. Big hunks of cheese!

krae_man

I thought you were a snowite? It has gotten colder, but not a lot of white shit on the ground.

My thighs can't take winter anymore. Last year permanently damaged them. Wind cuts right through my pants and fucks them up.

Long johns help but once you get frostbite, you're way more suseptable in the future.

dubq

Team Precious is going to die this weekend. I'll dance on your frozen graves.

4edicbz.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
More like a bunch of screaming kids, terrible dog owners, drunks and trash all over the beach and parks in the Summer. The best part of winter, post holidays, is the cold drives all the assholes indoors until Spring time.
EvilMario: The one person's negativity, cynicism, and sarcasm that surpasses mine. :D

explodet

Damn, Saturday already?
I guess I got too drunk to remember what days of the week it was.

Guess now I'm stuck inside until spring.

krae_man

Who preyed for wet snow?

My winter coat is so full of water I feel like I'm encumbered in a WRPG.

I don't want to throw away my rat pelts dammit!

soultron

Banned
More like a bunch of screaming kids, terrible dog owners, drunks and trash all over the beach and parks in the Summer. The best part of winter, post holidays, is the cold drives all the assholes indoors until Spring time.
OH SHIT HE'S BACK AND SHOOTING TRUTH BULLETS INTO THE CROWD

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh. Had to clear out 3.5 driveways full of ice. So glad I got out last night to clear out all the snow before it turned to freezing rain. Learned my lesson from last year with that iceberg in our driveway that we didn't get rid of till half way through April.

What happened to that 8C weather we were supposed to be getting eh Team Warm?! Can't even ruin winter properly, nooooo, you have to half ass it and turn everything to ice instead!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh. Had to clear out 3.5 driveways full of ice. So glad I got out last night to clear out all the snow before it turned to freezing rain. Learned my lesson from last year with that iceberg in our driveway that we didn't get rid of till half way through April.

What happened to that 8C weather we were supposed to be getting eh Team Warm?! Can't even ruin winter properly, nooooo, you have to half ass it and turn everything to ice instead!
Well, if there's one thing Toronto is good at it's half-assing stuff.

That was December. It's January now, we have no control. This is entirely #teamwinter's doing. It's -22C on Wednesday, no way that ice is melting any time soom.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
That was December. It's January now, we have no control. This is entirely #teamwinter's doing. It's -22C on Wednesday, no way that ice is melting any time soom.

Hah! If it actually had gotten up to 8C team warm would be all over that. You can't dodge the blame because you tried and failed.

Also, the ice is already gone. Wind knocked almost all of it off the trees and the driveways have all been cleared thanks to the power of teamwork.

ahdurian

Your thoughts on the Leafs?
Favourite burger place?
Are you a generic Asian?
Your thoughts on communism?
Mimico, Ontario - the best or the greatest?

I love them, but would not pay more than 200+ to watch them lose
Burger Priest or the Stockyards
I'm Filipino/Korean...don't know if that's "generic". though I am very nerdy and am currently on the hunt for Amiibos ;D
NORTH KOREA BEST KOREA (jks)
I used to live by Clarkson....so yeah, everything is better

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I love them, but would not pay more than 200+ to watch them lose
Burger Priest or the Stockyards
I'm Filipino/Korean...don't know if that's "generic". though I am very nerdy and am currently on the hunt for Amiibos ;D
NORTH KOREA BEST KOREA (jks)
I used to live by Clarkson....so yeah, everything is better

Hmm.....

On the one hand, I agree with Selma killing policy, but I'm not sure how I feel about the Bart killing policy....

Top Bottom