• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

mr.rager

I love them, but would not pay more than 200+ to watch them lose
Burger Priest or the Stockyards
I'm Filipino/Korean...don't know if that's "generic". though I am very nerdy and am currently on the hunt for Amiibos ;D
NORTH KOREA BEST KOREA (jks)
I used to live by Clarkson....so yeah, everything is better

best sushi place?
best ramen joint?
do you own a canada goose jacket?
and most important of all, #teamsoft the summer lovin' jerks or #teamwinter aka #teamwinner?

ahdurian

best sushi place?
best ramen joint?
do you own a canada goose jacket?
and most important of all, #teamsoft the summer lovin' jerks or #teamwinter aka #teamwinner?

NOT Ajisen (cheap ramen) or Kinton (super salty). maybe Sansotei, Santouka or Momofuku? Raijin is also decent
No. that's for wimps, white people and asian girls
#teamwinter FTW

Quick

Banned
well...when you have heat allergies like me, #TeamWinter is the way to go

Sounds like a commie thing.

I got my eyes on you, Stalin.

DonCherry.620.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
I voted generic Asian!

I want to live in the alternate universe where Country Style is Canada's coffee shop and Tim Horton's is bankrupt.

Back like a decade ago when I first started visiting Toronto I swear that was the case. Country Style was EVERYWHERE downtown with nay a Tim's to be found. I haven't seen one in years though. Did they go bankrupt over competition from Krispy Kreme, Tim's, SBux and 7-11?

I voted generic Asian!

Back like a decade ago when I first started visiting Toronto I swear that was the case. Country Style was EVERYWHERE downtown with nay a Tim's to be found. I haven't seen one in years though. Did they go bankrupt over competition from Krispy Kreme, Tim's, SBux and 7-11?

There is a really good Country Style I go to regularly near the Stockyards mall.

They have some great crullers there and the donuts and other treats are generally larger and taste better. The drink selection is also superior.

A lot of the Country Style locations seem to be doubled up with convenience stores or Mr. Sub locations so you don't get their full selection unfortunately.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501488.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Volgarr the Viking -- MB-3803F0E80D168158 - Taken by Mupod
A game about the first proponent of TeamWinter and his excruciatingly difficult adventures through Nordic temperatures.

explodet

My neighbourhood currently has a couple of Tim Hortons, couple of Starbucks, a Second Cup, a Lavazza, a rip-off Starbucks and soon an Aroma cafe is opening. A Coffee Time had to be sacrificed for one of those Starbucks.

I haven't slept in 3 years.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
When I was first hunting for an apartment in the city, I noticed that if there was a Coffee Time in the neighbourhood you probably didn't want to live there.

And speaking of coffee, has anyone been to the newly reno'ed 'flagship' Second Cup?

zroid

Banned
Only time I go to Country Style is when I'm picking someone up from Pearson. There's a CS across the street on Airport Rd where I hang out while waiting. :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501488.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition -- MB-F545BFD264487685
A game from almost twenty years ago, which coincidentally was released the same year that construction started on the harbourfront.

zeitgeist

When I was first hunting for an apartment in the city, I noticed that if there was a Coffee Time in the neighbourhood you probably didn't want to live there.

And speaking of coffee, has anyone been to the newly reno'ed 'flagship' Second Cup?

I would walk by it all the time on the way to work but never went in because Second Cup is brutal.

Coffee Time and Country Style are also pretty awful.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I voted generic Asian!
I can confirm, you are a generic Asian!

There's too much good coffee in this city. None of the good stuff needs uttering "double double" when ordering.
Man, that almost sounds like the "the one problem I have with this game is that it's too good" D:

I'm not sure I'd say 'good' but there's certainly a lot of places that have better coffee than that crap that everyone drowns in cream and sugar from Tim's.
A game about the first proponent of TeamWinter and his excruciatingly difficult adventures through Nordic temperatures.
edit: ok, he's supporting #teamwarm...kinda?

IS THIS YOU, EM?! >: (

Interesting concept; I hope it takes off. I doubt it'll do much impact on Starbucks though. If Starbucks is the 'higher end", McDs/Tims is the "lower end", and all the indies are "alternative mid to high end", what is Second Cup striving to become? They could become the next Coffee Time if they don't succeed, which is surprising considering the profit margins on a cup of coffee.

Willectro

Banned

There used to be a Coffee Time in downtown Oshawa which was known by locals as 'Crack Time', primarily due to the interesting clientele. What draws Coffee Time's more dedicated regulars there instead of Tim Horton's? Is it the price? Free refills? Lack of loitering rules? Unwillingness to call police?

Anyway, belated Welcome Back, EvilMario. And a Happy New Year to everyone.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I used to work at a Second Cup. It's been years and I still remember how to make their drinks. No idea if they even have some of the same things on the menu though.

ahdurian

Not all of them have changed (like the one by my work @ King/Bathurst or the two @Spadina/Bloor). though there's one at the corner of King/John that looks really nice now

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Sure, let's all just ignore modbot like w/e who cares

I have Volgarr the Viking on my wishlist, but if I claim it that's just another title to throw on my endless backlog. I'd rather someone claim it who would actually play it.

Not all of them have changed (like the one by my work @ King/Bathurst or the two @Spadina/Bloor). though there's one at the corner of King/John that looks really nice now

Indeed. I thought it was going to be a chain wide change, but it appears this is more of an experiment (after disappointing fiscal results) than anything.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
What's your issue with Coffee Time? Their shops have character.

Well, their muffins are not for everyone. Photo of one below. And their coffee is at the Tim's / McDonald's level of 'must add copious amounts of cream and sugar to make tolerable'. But yes.. character.. that's something.

z1T4hrG.jpg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux -- MB-C974A5575FBBC9D2 - Taken by Sch1sm
A redux of a classic game, like a redux of a classic Toronto-GAF conversation about hamburgers, except this game doesn't come out every three days.

ahdurian

Well, their muffins are not for everyone. Photo of one below. And their coffee is at the Tim's / McDonald's level of 'must add copious amounts of cream and sugar to make tolerable'. But yes.. character.. that's something.

z1T4hrG.jpg

i hate drinking coffee black, yet i can stand McD's ones though
it's at least better than the crap they had before McCafe started appearing

Country Style is what I imagine Second Cup to be like in 10 years. Grimy ass shops full of old and sketchy looking people. All the Second Cups I walk by always seem to have this early 90s look and not in a good way but in a sad, CIBC branch kind of way.

Also, ordering a double double is shameful.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, let's all just ignore modbot like w/e who cares

Who's ignoring? If you want to enter, it's a PM. We've already discussed that we think ModBot is EvilMario or someone who has a surprisingly in-depth knowledge of burg-Toronto.
If it's sitting there by this time tomorrow, I'll claim it and even play it for ten minutes!

Not ten whole minutes! That's more time than the Leafs spent in the offensive zone last game! D:

fuck it. im done. staying home this week.

#teamwarm represent!

thabiz

Not sure i'd recommend St Lawrence market for groceries, but go there to look around and get lunch some time.

i buy all my fresh food at st lawrence. its actually cheaper than say loblaws or longos. far better too. family run business, most. great place to shop every week.

of course you need to live near by, but i would fully recommend doing your weekly shop there.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
i buy all my fresh food at st lawrence. its actually cheaper than say loblaws or longos. far better too. family run business, most. great place to shop every week.

of course you need to live near by, but i would fully recommend doing your weekly shop there.
Yeah, if you live near there.
so nice out
I hope your bike gets stuck in a frozen ditch >=[
srs. it's lovely
I hope you slip on ice and land on Kraftwerk's bike in the ditch >=[

Top Bottom