• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Hello,

I'll be visiting Toronto at the end of the month and I just wanted to ask Toronto-Age a few questions...

Does Pearson Airport sell TTC Weekly Passes? I'm gonna need one.
Where can I find the best poutine?
Where's best place I can find gifts, souvenirs or anything that says I visited Toronto?

Thanks.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hello,

I'll be visiting Toronto at the end of the month and I just wanted to ask Toronto-Age a few questions...

Does Pearson Airport sell TTC Weekly Passes? I'm gonna need one.
Where can I find the best poutine?
Where's best place I can find gifts, souvenirs or anything that says I visited Toronto?

Thanks.

Unless things have changed, you can only buy single fares at the airport. Let me apologize in advance for our archaic transit practices. TTC isn't all bad, but they hold on to some really outdated practices. Your best bet is to buy the single fare for getting downtown ($3) and then a weekly pass once you're downtown. You can do so at any subway station.

I've no clue about 'the best poutine'. BlogTO has a user voted list of favourite poutine locations. I rarely have it and when I do it's usually some place like Smoke's, which will send poutine connoisseurs into disgust. You can check out the comments in that BlogTO article to confirm.

If you want to save money, Chinatown is filled to the brim with all the usual tourist stuff. Start at Spadina and Queen and walk north on Spadina. There's a dedicated gift shop just north of Queen on the east side of Spadina that is fairly nice. This is the cheaper area to do your shopping. Yonge St around Eaton Centre (and north) has similar shops, but they have the same items for a higher price.

Enjoy your time in the city!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
WOAH EVILMARIO IS BACK WHAT

WHAT YEAR IS THIS

M4Uk3G1.jpg

Unless things have changed, you can only buy single fares at the airport. Let me apologize in advance for our archaic transit practices. TTC isn't all bad, but they hold on to some really outdated practices. Your best bet is to buy the single fare for getting downtown ($3) and then a weekly pass once you're downtown. You can do so at any subway station.

I've no clue about 'the best poutine'. BlogTO has a user voted list of favourite poutine locations. I rarely have it and when I do it's usually some place like Smoke's, which will send poutine connoisseurs into disgust. You can check out the comments in that BlogTO article to confirm.

If you want to save money, Chinatown is filled to the brim with all the usual tourist stuff. Start at Spadina and Queen and walk north on Spadina. There's a dedicated gift shop just north of Queen on the east side of Spadina that is fairly nice. This is the cheaper area to do your shopping. Yonge St around Eaton Centre (and north) has similar shops, but they have the same items for a higher price.

Enjoy your time in the city!

Thank you sir.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Shanahan was reminded of what winning looks like after watching the Jrs and pulled the move?

What a great day to be a sports fan in Toronto!
Canada gold right in our backyard, Carlyle fired, and the Rock dissed once again.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Scapegoat of the month.
I won't deny that ownership needs work and players need work. But you see how the Ducks performed without him at the helm using a system to encourage shots at our net.

We're not good defensively and most certainly not good at clearing shooting lanes and the slot for juicy rebounds. Thus, we need a more active defense and one that will FORCE our forwards not to hang so far up the ice so as to give our D options to pass and get out of the zone.

Firing Carlyle isn't THE step to success, it's the FIRST step.

Willectro

Banned
I won't deny that ownership needs work and players need work. But you see how the Ducks performed without him at the helm using a system to encourage shots at our net.

We're not good defensively and most certainly not good at clearing shooting lanes and the slot for juicy rebounds. Thus, we need a more active defense and one that will FORCE our forwards not to hang so far up the ice so as to give our D options to pass and get out of the zone.

Firing Carlyle isn't THE step to success, it's the FIRST step.

Hey man, whatever helps you sleep. I agree, they obviously needed to do something, but I can't help but think there will perpetually be someone to blame. Kessel is next.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey man, whatever helps you sleep. I agree, they obviously needed to do something, but I can't help but think there will perpetually be someone to blame. Kessel is next.
Heh, we know who is next.
hopefully Nonis is next
Maybe Hunter can take over?

Also, DAMMIT, SAMYY! Where is that magnum opus so we can fully ride the CARLYLE blame train and that he wasn't just a scapegoat! >_<

cocopuffs

Banned
lmao, theyre towing delivery trucks now.

RhX1ZGF.jpg

but sup toronto-gaf, im a fellow torontonian and just discovered this community right now.

Quick

Banned
Another newbie, same questions:

Your thoughts on the Leafs?
Favourite burger place?
Are you a generic Asian?
Your thoughts on communism?
Mimico, Ontario - the best or the greatest?

Cheer up, TO-GAF. I've been visiting my folks and it has been -40 with the wind chill. The actual temp is colder than the wind chill in Toronto. This is easy mode.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about to go outside and wait for a bus. The TTC better not fuck me here. Goddamnit I hate winter so much.
Whatever you expect the TTC to do, the opposite will happen. Sign says 7 mins? More like 15 min. Expect to get there late? Arrive 20 min early. Leave early and take transit? End up late. App says bus isn't coming? Magically appears. App says bus IS coming? Magically disappears.

Two minute walk to the subway and a 30 second walk up to my place of work.

I love living and working right on the subway line.

Whatever you expect the TTC to do, the opposite will happen. Sign says 7 mins? More like 15 min. Expect to get there late? Arrive 20 min early. Leave early and take transit? End up late. App says bus isn't coming? Magically appears. App says bus IS coming? Magically disappears.
Yep. Pretty much what always happens to me every single day. I got there a few mins earlier to make sure I don't miss the bus. It ended up passing before I got there hen I waited a long ass time for another. Bless the nice bus driver who let people pack on way beyond the white line. The door could barely close lol.

Top Bottom