• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Willectro

Banned
Whatever you expect the TTC to do, the opposite will happen. Sign says 7 mins? More like 15 min. Expect to get there late? Arrive 20 min early. Leave early and take transit? End up late. App says bus isn't coming? Magically appears. App says bus IS coming? Magically disappears.

Wait for 1 bus/streetcar, 4 finally arrive together.

Two minute walk to the subway and a 30 second walk up to my place of work.

I love living and working right on the subway line.

Yep. When the subway works, it's glorious on days like today.

Subway ride is usually fine though today power went out for about 5 mins while I was on it. But I have to bus to finch station and then subway for 30 mins :( Then walk another 5-8 mins.

Somebody got shot near where I got off, I think near sherbourne station.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Guu (Church St.) here really sucks compared to Vancouver. The food is much, much worse. Zakkushi is a way better Izakaya place.
Yeah I've heard Van > Toronto.

Zakkushi is my fave and its closer for me so I'm good. Might be heading there for a bud's birthday soon too.

I went to Guu on Bloor and Christie and I wasn't impressed.

I haven't tried the izakaya at Kinton yet.

Yeah I've heard Van > Toronto.

Zakkushi is my fave and its closer for me so I'm good. Might be heading there for a bud's birthday soon too.

I went to Guu on Bloor and Christie and I wasn't impressed.

I haven't tried the izakaya at Kinton yet.

Werd, Zakkushi is god tier. I like almost everything on the menu and it's PERFECT beer food. They have $10 Sapporo pitchers in the summer months too... or at least they did in Vancouver. I went there like every week lol.

I took a date to the Guu at Church St.

Got me some play so I will forever like that place.

I still like the atmosphere and the food isn't terrible. I just feel like it's a bit overpriced relative to the quality of the food.

Also, just ran across the street to get some coffee in track pants and a hoodie. My god that weather is BRISK. HOO BOY. Does it get much colder than this?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My oldest brother just sent me a text from work.

hc2r3F2.png

I'm such an asshole. :p

Doesn't all of #teamwinter spend it indoors? "The best thing about winter" posts always talk about bundling up and drinking hot chocolate in front of the fireplace i.e. the best thing about winter is avoiding it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
wow...you cheating on me?
Kavey, take off your shirt and fight him? He's getting a jealous boner?

Werd, Zakkushi is god tier. I like almost everything on the menu and it's PERFECT beer food. They have $10 Sapporo pitchers in the summer months too... or at least they did in Vancouver. I went there like every week lol.

I still like the atmosphere and the food isn't terrible. I just feel like it's a bit overpriced relative to the quality of the food.

Also, just ran across the street to get some coffee in track pants and a hoodie. My god that weather is BRISK. HOO BOY. Does it get much colder than this?
Yes. Colder. Though the forecast shows it won't be as cold this week and next; today just sucked. YES, SUCKED, EVILMARIO, YOU BASTARD! I HOPE YOUR VILLIAGER FALLS ON THE ICE AND HAS HIS HEAD BREAK OFF! >: (

I like Kingyo Izakaya.
Need to try it...what's your take on it? Price? Atmosphere? Food?
Yes to everyone converting to #TeamWarm today...
#TeamBESTWEATHER!
Hope you're feeling a bit better
Doesn't all of #teamwinter spend it indoors? "The best thing about winter" posts always talk about bundling up and drinking hot chocolate in front of the fireplace i.e. the best thing about winter is avoiding it.
You mean like roto13?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

As someone that has an active dog, there is no 'staying in all day', even on the weekends when it's -25. In fact, the really hot and humid summer days are the time I'm more likely to go on short dog walks because he just can't take it. And as I've said, it makes going out much better. Even when it's warmer than it is out now, people usually start staying home, meaning less asshats with their bicycles speeding down the side walks, less of the asshole dog owners at the park, no annoying kids and their oblivious parents. It's so lovely. And before you start complaining about transit, I prefer the crowded 501 streetcar of the winter over the equally crowded 501 streetcar in the summer with extra body odor stench. Sure, winter takes out some streetcars that are decrepit, but in the summer subway stations literally flood.

But to your point, coming into the warmth and having a hot drink is nice. Escaping the heat in the summer and having a cold drink is the best part of summer as well.

Yes. Colder. Though the forecast shows it won't be as cold this week and next; today just sucked. YES, SUCKED, EVILMARIO, YOU BASTARD! I HOPE YOUR VILLIAGER FALLS ON THE ICE AND HAS HIS HEAD BREAK OFF! >: (

Kuro currently->
orTyU3A.gif

As someone that has an active dog, there is no 'staying in all day', even on the weekends when it's -25. In fact, the really hot and humid summer days are the time I'm more likely to go on short dog walks because he just can't take it. And as I've said, it makes going out much better. Even when it's warmer than it is out now, people usually start staying home, meaning less asshats with their bicycles speeding down the side walks, less of the asshole dog owners at the park, no annoying kids and their oblivious parents. It's so lovely. And before you start complaining about transit, I prefer the crowded 501 streetcar of the winter over the equally crowded 501 streetcar in the summer with extra body odor stench. Sure, winter takes out some streetcars that are decrepit, but in the summer subway stations literally flood.

There's not much better in life than waking up at 5AM in the summer and going to the forest trail. It's usually 15 to 20 degrees, the sun is just coming up, there's no people or cars, it's pitch quiet, all the scary bugs are asleep. Now that's lovely! Just sit back and enjoy nature. You don't even have to worry about being hospitalized by the weather.

mr.rager

There's not much better in life than waking up at 5AM in the summer and going to the forest trail. It's usually 15 to 20 degrees, the sun is just coming up, there's no people or cars, it's pitch quiet, all the scary bugs are asleep. Now that's lovely! Just sit back and enjoy nature. You don't even have to worry about being hospitalized by the weather.

That's what you think until something leaps out from the shrubs and bites you in the nuts. Or a hobo jumps out of nowhere and harasses you. Or you step on dog shit.

Windam

Scaley member
That's what you think until something leaps out from the shrubs and bites you in the nuts. Or a hobo jumps out of nowhere and harasses you. Or you step on dog shit.

What if the hobo jumps out of the bush and bites you in the nuts then harasses you and you step in his shit?

Windam

Scaley member
My lips are chapped, hands are dry, and I gotta share a bus with people who don't wanna get a flu shot?

#justteamwinterthings

Blistex!
Use better lotion!
Work on raising your Resistance levels more!

Especially do the last one. Maybe then you'll see the light (the blinding whiteness of snow everywhere in a winter storm) and be able to rejoice in it.

Rinoa

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Whatever you expect the TTC to do, the opposite will happen. Sign says 7 mins? More like 15 min. Expect to get there late? Arrive 20 min early. Leave early and take transit? End up late. App says bus isn't coming? Magically appears. App says bus IS coming? Magically disappears.

it could be worse, these were my buses here today:

the buses are supposed to be spaced out by 4 minutes.

... yeah.

"now" meaning "it SHOULD be here just keep waiting"

Quick

Banned
lmao, theyre towing delivery trucks now.

RhX1ZGF.jpg

but sup toronto-gaf, im a fellow torontonian and just discovered this community right now.

Following up on this, looks like the cops are getting on anything that can be tagged. "You know you shouldn't so don't" - so snarky, but true. It really causes a lot of issues when some of these delivery people decide to stop and take up a lane, especially downtown.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
it could be worse, these were my buses here today:

the buses are supposed to be spaced out by 4 minutes.

... yeah.

"now" meaning "it SHOULD be here just keep waiting"

No fear, we often suffer the same fate on both bus and streetcar routes. You'll even see a streetcar blow through a yellow light just so it can catch up with the three streetcars right ahead of it.

ahdurian

#TeamWinter

I love this weather right now
all my co-workers are saying I'm half-polar bear because I went to McD's (about 5minute walk from my work) without a jacket to buy lunch

cbox

A bunch of folks I work with marched out with sticks and skates for some hockey over lunch at the arena near us.

I think it'd be cool to work downtown, maybe go for a skate at NPS over lunch.

NPS would be awesome, though a bit busy for me. There's a small park with two rinks near me, I'd love to bring a stick one day and play shinny.

Eleuin

#TeamWinter

all my co-workers are saying I'm half-polar bear because I went to McD's (about 5minute walk from my work) without a jacket to buy lunch
Always have that one guy who shows up to school in shorts these days

Blistex!
Use better lotion!
Work on raising your Resistance levels more!

Especially do the last one. Maybe then you'll see the light (the blinding whiteness of snow everywhere in a winter storm) and be able to rejoice in it.

Blistex isn't for chapped lips. Use Vaseline instead.

whitehawk

Banned
#TeamWinter

Ditto! I just went to a raptors game in nothing but a light sweater. No hat, gloves, jacket. Fuck sitting in a small chair with a big coat taking all the room.

Ditto! I just went to a raptors game in nothing but a light sweater. No hat, gloves, jacket. Fuck sitting in a small chair with a big coat taking all the room.

That's cheating. From your car in the garage to the stadium parking lot, you barely need to be outdoors.

Those guys in shorts live on campus, also doesn't count.

Walk of shamers don't count either.

Top Bottom