• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

cocopuffs

Banned
Another newbie, same questions:

Your thoughts on the Leafs? - Not a hockey fan but from what I've heard, they're pretty shit.
Favourite burger place? Burger King...! That counts right?
Are you a generic Asian? No.
Your thoughts on communism? Sure why not.
Mimico, Ontario - the best or the greatest? Where is Mimico again? (North York represent!)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Your thoughts on the Leafs? - Not a hockey fan but from what I've heard, they're pretty shit.
Mimico, Ontario - the best or the greatest? Where is Mimico again? (North York represent!)

I am not cuckoo for cocopuffs. :(

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Burger King? Oh boy.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

eSApH6e.gif

Kraftwerk

How is he wrong? burgers in Toronto are very average. Would rather have BK or McDonalds anyway, instead of that overpriced shit.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I'm talking to the same people who like Reimer.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

zroid

Banned
had 20 nuggets at bk for 3.76

can't be beat

I saw that advertised in a flier this afternoon and couldn't believe it, lol

I'm a sucker for fast food purchases under $4 because of the PST savings :p

Burger King is still in business? Last time I went with my friends, it was just us and two bees.

Don't be surprised if we start seeing a lot of those Wendys / Tim Hortons converted into Burger King / Tim Hortons in the near future...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Don't be surprised if we start seeing a lot of those Wendys / Tim Hortons converted into Burger King / Tim Hortons in the near future...
Hope not. Wendy's > BK.

The BK and Wendy's on Lakeshore...apparently, thr BK is gone but the Wendy's/Tim's is still there. The construction hasn't helped there...

I saw that advertised in a flier this afternoon and couldn't believe it, lol

I'm a sucker for fast food purchases under $4 because of the PST savings :p

Oh no, I actually like Wendy's burgers and fries.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So anyone with experience or stories traveling Via Rail?

Taking the train to Montreal end of February to catch the Leafs Vs Habs on the 28th (coworker said she'd get us some tickets).

From what I see:

- the trip from Union will take about 5 hours vs 1 1/2 hours by plane
- it was much cheaper (I always thought it'd be more expensive...?)
- there is wifi and outlets on-board
- I'm guessing there'll be a lot more leg room there.
- I go to Union vs Pearson fucking Airport

Main reason I wanted to take the train was simply because I'd never done it before. I *did* take the bus to Quebec City one time that had stops in Ottawa and Montreal. Let's just say I'm not exactly enthusiastic about doing that again.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You checked the price to fly out of Pearson but what does Porter charge?

BTW I was being vague about my MM LE post and nobody picked up on me having an extra one coming.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've taken it between Toronto and Niagara a number of times, but not for about half a decade at least. They're comfortable trains and yes, the prices can be very reasonable for shorter trips. I've nothing bad to say about Via, so if you're just riding for the experience then go for it. The reason why a lot of people ignore it is because for the ultra cheap, buses are just as quick and cheaper And for those in a hurry flying is faster to almost everywhere you want to go.

I'd like to try a sleeper cabin and do a cross country trip at some point. There's no way I'd do it if it wasn't for the experience though, because it's just as expensive as flying and takes forever.

edit: I'd say, if you're traveling in the winter keep in mind trains can be delayed by weather too.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You checked the price to fly out of Pearson but what does Porter charge?

BTW I was being vague about my MM LE post and nobody picked up on me having an extra one coming.
If you're offering, I'll buy it...unless you just like having two because it makes you feel better than us! >: (

I didn't check any deals or anything, but Porter is about 256 including taxes, which is more or less what it was from Air Canada.

I've taken it between Toronto and Niagara a number of times, but not for about half a decade at least. They're comfortable trains and yes, the prices can be very reasonable for shorter trips. I've nothing bad to say about Via, so if you're just riding for the experience then go for it. The reason why a lot of people ignore it is because for the ultra cheap, buses are just as quick and cheaper And for those in a hurry flying is faster to almost everywhere you want to go.

I'd like to try a sleeper cabin and do a cross country trip at some point. There's no way I'd do it if it wasn't for the experience though, because it's just as expensive as flying and takes forever.

edit: I'd say, if you're traveling in the winter keep in mind trains can be delayed by weather too.

Yeah, more for the experience; it was total 134.47 taxes in both ways; Greyhound was actually MORE expensive, and Megabus is about 36 or so taxes in, which is pretty insane, but it's at an insane departure time too. It'd be about 50-60 taxes in with reasonable times.

Wait a minute...

Delayed by #teamwinter...you guys are a bunch of jerks!

Anony

for the longest time, ttc didnt accept credit card
i really hated having to go to the bank to withdraw cash to buy tokens/metropass

Top Bottom