• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

mr.rager

Hi Toronto-Gaf, I need a few advice concerning Laptop store.
At first I was planning to buy at Futureshop, however they offer same laptop with same price yet the spec is lower (2gb instead of 4gb graphic card memory, HD is 5400 rpm instead of 7200 rpm).
So right now I'm torn between buying at Canada Computer or NCIX. Since it not a small purchase I wanted to make sure that the store I buy with have good service and warranty in case there is a defect. Which one would you guys recommend? Are there better store out there?
Also, I prefer to buy in store and not online, cause in case there is really a defect I don't want to through the hassle of shipping back and forth.
Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestion.

NCIX bruh. Always have had good experience with them.

Amiibos tomorrow! Only getting 1 of my 3 Shulks I ordered cause Nintendo cut EBGames shipment by 75%. Good news is that I'll get the other 2 eventually...

Also down for a meetup to celebrate new thread. Perfect timing too cause most of us will have MH4G then.

Gonna buy a new winter jacket to replace the old one. Recommend one in a place range at around a hundred moose dollars? Preferably not in black, I have way too much black clothing as it is.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hey Toronto metalheads, I'll probably be in Toronto in early March. Any decent concerts happening on Friday March 6th? All I could find on last.fm is a Benighted show, of which I'm not a fan. Was wondering if there was anything else going on.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Man....the hate in that Toronto ranking thread.

So good.
Bpfziqm.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Signal problems to Warden station. Why the fuck didn't I choose today to work from home?!?!

TTC is as reliable as a Leafs collapse.

Edit: great. Train is out of service...you know I always wondered what would happen if someone stayed on after they told everyone to leave when the train was OOS. I JUST saw a lady kick back and read her mobile device as it sped off.

Edit2: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Train switched tracks to head the other direction and woman got off.

explodet

Hey Toronto metalheads, I'll probably be in Toronto in early March. Any decent concerts happening on Friday March 6th? All I could find on last.fm is a Benighted show, of which I'm not a fan. Was wondering if there was anything else going on.
I'm hardly what you call a metalhead, but I poked around a little bit and the closest I saw was a battle of the bands thing at the Bovine Sex Club.

jstripes

Banned
Apparently they use a lot more power than advertised, so they can't put too many on the line without overloading the grid.

Nah, that's a load of nonsense. They would have factored that into engineering, and the new ones likely use less power. (30 year newer tech.)

The real reason is because Bombardier was supposed to have delivered 40 of them by now, but they've only delivered 3. The TTC's kind of upset, because the entire Spadina line was supposed to be new models at this point.

The TTC wants the old ones gone as quick as possible. They've aged so badly that they break down too much, especially in winter.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Nah, that's a load of nonsense. They would have factored that into engineering, and the new ones likely use less power. (30 year newer tech.)

The real reason is because Bombardier was supposed to have delivered 40 of them by now, but they've only delivered 3. The TTC's kind of upset, because the entire Spadina line was supposed to be new models at this point.

The TTC wants the old ones gone as quick as possible. They've aged so badly that they break down too much, especially in winter.

Well I was told this directly from an engineer involved with them. The new subway trains also have this problem. He also said, that Bombardier did their brake rating with an empty streetcar, but not with a full one and the TTC was not aware of this.

jstripes

Banned
Well I was told this directly from an engineer involved with them. The new subway trains also have this problem. He also said, that Bombardier did their brake rating with an empty streetcar, but not with a full one and the TTC was not aware of this.

Basing the brakes on an empty streetcar?

Now that's dumb.

But they tested it for like 8 months on the rail system here, and sent the original back to fix issues like that.

But in any case, they're waaaay behind on manufacturing these things.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm hardly what you call a metalhead, but I poked around a little bit and the closest I saw was a battle of the bands thing at the Bovine Sex Club.
I'm not a metalhead either but you might have some luck looking here: https://nowtoronto.com/music closer to when you arrive because a last minute show might be added.
Thanks. Checked out that battle of the bands thing... it's for Wacken actually. Could be interesting, but the BSC website doesn't list the bands (though the NowToronto site did, lol) and they spelled Wacken wrong... *facepalm*

Rinoa

I love Toronto days like today. Cold, brisk air on a sunny day. Snow on the side and cleared off the streets. Perfection.

Slush and brown water splattering around, people coughing all over you, the wind burning your face and every other exposed bodypart.

NOPE

Can't wait for my next business trip to SF so my skin can heal..

ahdurian

I'm conflicted...
I'm #TeamWinter
But I'm going for a Winterlicious dinner today at a place called "Hot House"...

Would I be #TeamLukewarm now?

Willectro

Banned

Not a lot that night, but keep your checking http://concertsto.com/ and http://www.rotate.com/tickets/ as I know a few bands are looking for shows.

Of interest: http://www.metalbattle.ca/shows.html, which lists WACKEN METAL BATTLE - TORONTO + PLETHORA, ANSWER WITH METAL, HALLOWS DIE, VESPERIA, TSARGRAD. This event is at The Bovine which is a pretty cool (but small) bar.

Kraftwerk

COPIED THE WRONG TEXT

FUCK YOU TEAM WARM

p.s

I LOVE how everyone is piling on Bernier for fucking up. Where were all these people when Reimer fucked up every single game.

Top Bottom