• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Was hoping my office was closed, but here I am on the bus in. Here's hoping everyone else shows up, too.

Also, girlfriend's never seen this much snow at once.

Receptionist keeps getting calls from people not coming in. I wish someone would make a decision to just close the office already so I can head home.

When will they start plowing the streets? Drive to work wasn't bad, I was just stuck at one one intersection for 40 minutes because some idiot truck driver decided to park his truck and completely block one lane. This was 5 minutes from work too.

Mupod

yeah, it didn't take me any longer to get in today, but I live 5km from my office and those roads never have any traffic anyways.

I'm trying to call the places I was supposed to drive to today, and nobody's answering so I guess they didn't go in. And nobody is at this office but me, so these fuckers better not get on my case about not wanting to spend 4 hours on the road today. Planning on quitting this job soon anyways, not putting up with 2-3 week late paychecks anymore.

So far it's 9:30 and 3 out of 15 people are here. I think I'm going to leave at 10 if I get the impression not too many other people are showing up.

ahdurian

half of my department is gone and staying home
4/5 of my managers aren't here

streetcars on king came like every 20 minutes (and not in those "oh 20mins and then four show up." it was one streetcar)
no word if e can leave early either

gotta love working in the bank

=_=

yyzjohn

Banned
My work hates people working from home. I'm in but it's just me and the receptionist right now.

A lot of people are just calling in with no plans to do any work now. They should really embrace the work from home option.

There were still quite a few people on the subways this morning.

Same here, couldn't make it in and sent an email saying I couldn't work. "If I had VPN access..." Maybe they'll get the message. Long weekend !!!!!!! :)

Quadratic

A lot of people here at work called in. I can do work today but it's so slow because no one is here. It's super quiet in the office too.

Rinoa

Damn snow
tauntaun-sleeping-bag.jpg

I can work from home or diff city when I need to, but I love my office :(

mr.rager

Went out this morning to shovel my driveway and found that my neighbour already did it. Only had to salt the driveway and that took like 2 minutes. I fucking love my neighbour. also no work today :D :D :D As if I needed more reasons to love winter.

Yeah was really starting to get scared about not having found anything for so long :(
It was getting close to 6 months if I include the time from when I left my job in Vancouver to now.

Went out this morning to shovel my driveway and found that my neighbour already did it. Only had to salt the driveway and that took like 2 minutes. I fucking love my neighbour. also no work today :D :D :D As if I needed more reasons to love winter.

Now you have to do your neighbour a favour.

Mupod

Yeah was really starting to get scared about not having found anything for so long :(
It was getting close to 6 months if I include the time from when I left my job in Vancouver to now.

It was definitely scary for me. Moved here on May 1 and started my current job in mid-July - my savings would have held out for maybe another month.

Unfortunately I'm back in job hunting mode. The business owner is up to some sketchy shit, my boss in particular hadn't been paid for months (still don't know if he has) and my last cheque was late 3 weeks. Hell we got kicked out of our offices 2 weeks ago due to late rent and we were only let back in today. Even if I get paid today I'm not staying, got an interview this week for something downtown...I would miss having a 5-10 minute drive to work, but that's all I'd miss.

It was definitely scary for me. Moved here on May 1 and started my current job in mid-July - my savings would have held out for maybe another month.

Unfortunately I'm back in job hunting mode. The business owner is up to some sketchy shit, my boss in particular hadn't been paid for months (still don't know if he has) and my last cheque was late 3 weeks. Hell we got kicked out of our offices 2 weeks ago due to late rent and we were only let back in today. Even if I get paid today I'm not staying, got an interview this week for something downtown...I would miss having a 5-10 minute drive to work, but that's all I'd miss.

Wow that sounds like a shit show. Good luck with the interview dude.

Congrats!

Blackhead

Redarse
Praise Jesus... I finally found a job after 4 months of searching
well done

good luck

Quadratic

yeah looks like i need to call
Open Table doesn't have reservations open for Winterlicious, and neither does the Canoe site...
looks like I'll prob not be able to get it =/

I've gotten a day of reservation for Canoe during Winterlicious. You might be lucky with a cancellation.

Top Bottom