• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Stet

Banned
Phil is a hack, Wiarton Willie is where it's at:

zFraXio.jpg

you take that back

mdubs

Banned
So is this strike gonna happen or something?

I doubt it, CUPE's site would suggest that there is movement on move sides and they are meeting. Very different compared to 2008-09 when there were no meetings and the University didn't bother to really play ball. I predict a deal will get done. Oh well even if I don't graduate I could care less :) But obviously they need to get something done for the sake of everyone else

Windam

Scaley member
I doubt it, CUPE's site would suggest that there is movement on move sides and they are meeting. Very different compared to 2008-09 when there were no meetings and the University didn't bother to really play ball. I predict a deal will get done. Oh well even if I don't graduate I couldn't care less :) But obviously they need to get something done for the sake of everyone else

FTFY. ;)

Grammar Nazi Dragon out!

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...social-media-shaming-over-bad-rider-behaviour

ttclep.jpg

The “TTC Leprechaun” — an unnamed Toronto bus rider whose searing obnoxiousness earned him local infamy last fall — has struck again.

“Up close, it’s the same person; he still has the beard, still has earrings and glasses, he looked exactly the same,” said Beth Lyn Ward, a Toronto communications consultant who was witness to a Friday incident in which the man obstructed the departure of a packed rush-hour bus.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I see...

Any more hidden gems in Toronto for Valentine's day? :p

P.S. George's BBQ by Filmore's is THE BEST CHICKEN IN TORONTO.

☆ SHAGG'S SEAL OF APPROVAL! ☆

But, lapdance transforms pants! :<

Would help if you had more details. Money, location, preferences.

House of Lancaster

ElNino

Well I haven't started work but from what I hear thats not surprising.
My co-op friends working busy season are hating their lives right now...
It will get worse before it gets better, or they will leave for industry when they get their designation.

My wife is likely to make partner within the next year or two, and she has probably worked 70 hours a week for the last decade. Granted, not all of that is in the office but working 3-4 hours a night after you get home (and on the weekends) is still no fun.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
TTC claims the average person is taking 75 trips per month (up from 75 in 2010) on their metropass. That.. seems a bit high. With our one metropass, it's not even close. I guess a lot of people take a lot of short trips, outside of their daily commute?

edit: Graphic for those interested. We're probably around 60 trips for our one pass. ie; My wife's daily commute, a few weekends trips and when I occasionally use it.
tk792KM.png

Stet

Banned
TTC claims the average person is taking 75 trips per month (up from 75 in 2010) on their metropass. That.. seems a bit high. With our one metropass, it's not even close. I guess a lot of people take a lot of short trips, outside of their daily commute?

That's wicked high. Even 60 trips is generous.

Willectro

Banned

edit: Graphic for those interested. We're probably around 60 trips for our one pass. ie; My wife's daily commute, a few weekends trips and when I occasionally use it.

snip

Interesting. The TTC wouldn't want people to get value out of the metropass or anything. Instead were getting punished for paying upfront.

Also, does the TTC own a shovel? Property owners are obligated to remove snow, which has been done everywhere I've been today, except for of course the subway stations. They want to put the price up? Then I too want to raise the bar.

jl4855

Interesting. The TTC wouldn't want people to get value out of the metropass or anything. Instead were getting punished for paying upfront.

do that many ppl use metropass? my work gets them at $10 over cost if anyone wants I can try to grab a few extra. I think the price was $127.75, not sure what the new price will be after the fare raise. probably only saving a few bucks but just throwing it out there.

I went to a Raptors game last night. They lost.

easily worst game of the year

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Also, does the TTC own a shovel? Property owners are obligated to remove snow, which has been done everywhere I've been today, except for of course the subway stations. They want to put the price up? Then I too want to raise the bar.

The TTC has complained about the metropass costing them quite a bit of potential revenue, because it is so popular. So it's no surprise they keep trying to price it out of reasonable use for people.

Yeah, I won't be buying any passes this semester. I have classes 5 days a week but the math says that I'm saving money if I just buy tokens for every day, including the occasional trips to whatever that requires using the TTC.

Willectro

Banned
do that many ppl use metropass? my work gets them at $10 over cost if anyone wants I can try to grab a few extra. I think the price was $127.75, not sure what the new price will be after the fare raise. probably only saving a few bucks but just throwing it out there.

Nice offer, I also get mine through work. I have yet to see a final price after the changes. Ah well.

The TTC has complained about the metropass costing them quite a bit of potential revenue, because it is so popular. So it's no surprise they keep trying to price it out of reasonable use for people.

Although deep down I know it's apple and oranges, I would be interested to see how this all compares to Montreal's Metro, which seems infinitely better than the TTC specifically as flexible payment/pass options are concerned. I'm not sure the TTC understands that the trade-off for getting my money upfront is that I can use the pass as much as I want. I wonder what happens with that pool of money each month. Is the TTC slowly trying to insinuate that buying the metropass is ripping them off? lol

TTC removes penis shaped map at Downsview station

ROFL

I'm surprised they even bothered to care

They are so oblivious to real issues, but addressed this 24 hours? I wonder how long until a new sign is erected?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

tk792KM.png
That's a whole increase of 0 rides over 5 years! D: DAMN YOU, TORONTO! DAMN YOU TO HELL! :'(

I got one each from BB and FS but they're both already spoken for. Sorry.
But Ididn't speak for it

Ok I'll shut up so I still get skull kid :(
I went to a Raptors game last night. They lost.
A team from Toronto losing? Join the shame circle.
Might hit you up on this offer. I save money via tokens but if it screws the TTC over, I might do it on principle alone.

Stet

Banned
Just for reference, Rob Ford won an election on the back of putting $60/year back in the pockets of car owners in the city.

John Tory has been in office for less than two months and took $84/year from the pockets of transit commuters.

Azih

Seriously. Put the car tax back. Bump up the real estate transfer tax to take advantage of the bank of canada interest rate cut. City's got a revenue problem. Miller almost fixed it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
140 for a Metropass? Holy shit.
That's now 30 bucks more than the NYC monthly pass. Although with the exchange rate, maybe they actually cost the same now.

Top Bottom