• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501488.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-5FF05919C5033F57 - Taken by Quick
A sequel that's largely viewed as inferior to the original. Like Justin TRUDAUUSUUDUOAISOHDOSIADHHh this message was paid for by the Conservative Party of Canada.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Monster Hunter 4U is literally a week away. Meetup when?

For a Monster Hunter meetup, I'm pretty much always available. The Facebook meetup group for MH3U Quad and I went to pretty frequently is likely to be starting up again too.

not till i'm done with MM3D!

I'm buying Majora's Mask collectors edition.. and I'm midway through Persona Q too. RIP those games. Monster Hunter nearly the entire reason for my backlog.

I got to Grank in MH3U a year ago and haven't touched it the game until I got the Wii-U version in a sale, transferred my save from the 3DS version, and started playing online a couple of weeks ago. I'm at the cusp of fighting the real final monster but I might just drop the game for 4U next week.

Don't you still get a tax credit for buying the metropass? That's a few trips worth :p

My mom went to Target today, I tried really hard to convince her to have some consumer solidarity :x She didn't buy anything though, apparently it's mostly only 10% off right now, even the 30% is rare.

GOSH why don't you say that louder.

Hamilton's awful. I get mugged almost every day and groped by drunk stoner grannies. The pollution from those steel factories is also unbearable, and the architecture is straight from Soviet Russia. 50% of the population's ass-crack is exposed at any given moment. Kitchener is the go-to city where you should buy your property, especially if you have a lot of money.

Yeahhhh...*wink*

mr.rager

For a Monster Hunter meetup, I'm pretty much always available. The Facebook meetup group for MH3U Quad and I went to pretty frequently is likely to be starting up again too

Where is the MH Meetup at? Quad mentioned it to me a couple of times and told me to come.

1 more week for MH4! Pretty hyped! One of the very few games I'm actually looking forward to.

Yes, you do. No, it really doesn't make up for it and I don't know how many people use it 75 times a goddamn month. That can't be the norm; twice a day every day would be 62 tops. Who the fuck travels that much?!

I definitely do over 75. I tend to use it at lunch at least once a day. Then I may use it in the evening at least once a week.

Then there are weekend trips.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I definitely do over 75. I tend to use it at lunch at least once a day. Then I may use it in the evening at least once a week.

Then there are weekend trips.
Even when I was a student I wouldn't use it THAT much. I'm surprised you have enough time to hop on the TTC to get lunch and get back though.

Even when I was a student I wouldn't use it THAT much. I'm surprised you have enough time to hop on the TTC to get lunch and get back though.

I work at Yonge and Lawrence and get an hour lunch.

I go down to Yonge and Eglinton, grab a bite to eat or bring something of my own, look around in the Future Shop/Toys R Us, and then walk it back up to Lawrence in one hour.

During the winter sometimes it's too messy to walk and I will take the subway back to Y & L.

I will usually take a subway trip one night a week for one reason or another. Same with the weekend.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
if its counting it as this, use on streetcar, use on subway in the same commute. then im definitely over 75

Ah, that's a good point. I don't consider it a separate trip when I'm transferring, but maybe the TTC does. My wife uses it every day twice, thrice on Tuesday and Thursday. Then we usually do one trip on the weekend, using it two to three times. I'll use it myself a few times per month.

Where is the MH Meetup at? Quad mentioned it to me a couple of times and told me to come.

1 more week for MH4! Pretty hyped! One of the very few games I'm actually looking forward to.

We use to have it at Brookfield Plaza, near Union Station. I don't mind continuing it there, but I'd also be up for other locations. I'm pretty close to the Annex, so I can usually meetup on short notice around there.

thabiz

Ah, that's a good point. I don't consider it a separate trip when I'm transferring, but maybe the TTC does. My wife uses it every day twice, thrice on Tuesday and Thursday. Then we usually do one trip on the weekend, using it two to three times. I'll use it myself a few times per month.

they have to be estimating on the streetcar and scan data on the subway. if thats the case i do 3-4 "trips" a day during the week. on the weekend im maybe 4 total.

I'm at Pearson Airport waiting for my flight. I didn't get to hit up every spot I wanted to go to, the freezing weather was more manageable than I thought and Toronto was very easy to get around. I'm definitely coming back when it's a little warmer so I can at least hit up a Blue Jays game.

Peace, Toronto-Age.

Swatow Restaurant is the Chinese joint in Toronto.
Loved Swatow, used to go there after working late and going to the peel pub, congee is great for getting rid of that hangover.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
http://www.thestar.com/life/2015/02...-turning-toronto-into-turd-city-micallef.html

My neighbourhood especially...it's really starting to get bad. Shit all over the place.

With the snow out half the dog owners in the city think they can just cover it up and no one will notice. Then you have the fact that a ton of people walk their dogs off leash, without paying attention to them and they crap while the owners are preoccupied. Worst, because then people see me walking my dog and assume I'm the one leaving shit in the park all the time.

Quadratic

Hopefully the FB MonHun group will get together for a launch meetup (or soon after) There have already been a post about someone interested.

I asked my EBgames if they were opening at midnight since MM is coming out the same day and they said they didn't have enough preorders to do so.

Might take a personal day Friday.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
With the snow out half the dog owners in the city think they can just cover it up and no one will notice. Then you have the fact that a ton of people walk their dogs off leash, without paying attention to them and they crap while the owners are preoccupied. Worst, because then people see me walking my dog and assume I'm the one leaving shit in the park all the time.
I assume it's your shit :)

It's weird cause when I do see a dog crap in the streets I do see the owners pick it up. I guess it's the stealth ones and the ones where there are no witnesses.

IZNEA18.jpg

source

mr.rager

Hopefully the FB MonHun group will get together for a launch meetup (or soon after) There have already been a post about someone interested.

I asked my EBgames if they were opening at midnight since MM is coming out the same day and they said they didn't have enough preorders to do so.

Might take a personal day Friday.

No work for me on Friday so I got all day to play. Kinda surprised there's no midnight for MM though, it's a pretty big game. Not that MH isn't big but still :p

We use to have it at Brookfield Plaza, near Union Station. I don't mind continuing it there, but I'd also be up for other locations. I'm pretty close to the Annex, so I can usually meetup on short notice around there.

I'm down for wherever although Brookfield is nice cause Union is right there lol

Renewed

The heck was this today? I'm assuming the bad weather made traffic worse than ever because traffic lights took forever to switch from red to green. Basically froze my tush off because I was late for 2 buses and 2 more drove on while everything was red.

At least I start back at work tomorr-- DANGIT

Top Bottom