• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Toronto photo of your dreams:

wTkfUq6.jpg

source

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I had no idea they were looking into this.

It comes up every once in a while on council. They had a vote in 2013 to look and it, but it was rejected. Toronto Public Health recently came out (late last year) addressing the matter, so maybe that pushed it higher up the priority list a bit.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I remember someone saying that suicide barriers would be incredibly expensive to implement and maintain (if you're talking about the nice glass ones they have in other cities). Of course they could go with some super cheap wire mesh, but that would look like shit.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I remember someone saying that suicide barriers would be incredibly expensive to implement and maintain (if you're talking about the nice glass ones they have in other cities). Of course they could go with some super cheap wire mesh, but that would look like shit.

I think the last estimate they had was $10-12 million PER station to put them in. They might as well start now. Given how long it's taking them to make stations accessible, it'll be half a century before they actually have them in place.

Rinoa

A young relative committed suicide a few years ago, he snuck out and jumped in front of a subway. I think we should see this as safety barriers and not suicide ones, because even with the barriers he probably would try to find another way elsewhere. He had a done a few attempts previously through other means, I guess subway is more quick/guaranteed? I don't know...

Willectro

Banned
You should look into using your vacation time during the games if you think it's bad now.

i live next door. this summer is going to SUCK

I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, but the Pan Am games are going to be a complete nightmare. It's a nothing event that we are spending a fortune to roll out the red carpet to host the lame Olympics. I find it quite disappointing to think that this event was approved, but a solid transit solution is a pipe dream.

And yea, can't even imagine the headaches during the games. Fuck sports.

Stet

Banned
Something's going on in council.

Marcus Gee @marcusbgee · 14m 14 minutes ago
Just like old times. Council recesses in disarray after speaker asks Rob Ford to leave the chamber.

Marcus Gee @marcusbgee · 10m 10 minutes ago
Ford huddles with other councillors after being asked to leave chamber. Still the centre of attention.
B9l6InoIUAA3PdW.jpg:large

Marcus Gee @marcusbgee · 3m 3 minutes ago
Ford is still refusing to back down in confrontation with the Speaker. #TOpoli

Marcus Gee @marcusbgee · 2m 2 minutes ago
"I asked you three times" - Nunziata asks for the sergeant at arms. Hoo boy.

Marcus Gee @marcusbgee · 2m 2 minutes ago
Sergeant at arms has approached Ford.
B9l8FzmIEAEvREv.jpg:large

Marcus Gee @marcusbgee · 18s 19 seconds ago
Ford leaving council chamber.
B9l8Yh6IgAAkM8q.jpg:large

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I saw my Twitter feed light up about RoFo. Now every story tomorrow will be about that and none of the actual importance of the votes today.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Almost time for you to shine, EM! D:

Man...I gotta go out in this shit to get my N3DS? :(
And I'm having MonHun delivered :(
And I have to not get mugged in Scarberia to see fuzzy to get MM

explodet

Man, even Nunziata isn't tolerating Ford's crap.

Let's say - hypothetically - I'd have access to a spare copy of Majora's Mask 3DS with the Skull Kid figurine.
And - still hypothetically, mind - I don't want to send it out through mail because shipping costs in this country is buttholes, and craigslist and kijiji is full of lowballers and scammers.

Any suggestions on what to do with it? Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Renewed

Let's say - hypothetically - I'd have access to a spare copy of Majora's Mask 3DS with the Skull Kid figurine.
And - still hypothetically, mind - I don't want to send it out through mail because shipping costs in this country is buttholes, and craigslist and kijiji is full of lowballers and scammers.

If you can't ask friends, and can't return it... See if it can't be used as trade-in fodder someday
/s

I don't have experience with this so I don't see all the options available to you.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I'm sure HYPOTHETICALLY someone here might want it.
You're not getting MonHun digitally? That's a game that always needs to be in your 3DS.
I got the LE version.

Divvy

Going to government offices is the worst thing

I had to line up in one line just to get a number so I could line up in another line.

explodet

With government offices I always end up going first thing in the early early morning to try to be first in line.
It means there are dark circles under my eyes in all my photo IDs, though.

I'm sure HYPOTHETICALLY someone here might want it.
I will keep my eyes out for this hypothetical person.

Divvy

ugh, I have to go renew my passport soon. Never done it before, my parents did it in the past. Sounds not fun.

Just do it through the mail. You only need to go in if you want to get the expedited option like I did.

ahdurian

i'd be hypothetically willing to hypothetically want to hypothetically take that off your hypothetical hands hypothetically

Top Bottom