• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
who else loves being outside today?
I hope your hair gets frostbite >:[
Glorious, isn't it? :D
I hope you get stuck in a snowbank >:[
Screw this, ordering dominos.
Save me a slice

It just won't stop! :(
The heck was this today? I'm assuming the bad weather made traffic worse than ever because traffic lights took forever to switch from red to green. Basically froze my tush off because I was late for 2 buses and 2 more drove on while everything was red.

At least I start back at work tomorr-- DANGIT
Supposed to stop and then start up mid week and then stop and then start again.

GIVE ME BACK MY WARM WEATHER!
I'm definitely going out after. For sure.
I opened the window in my living room and could see the cold air coming in like when you can see your breath. Awesome.
This guy are sick....

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone go to any places for Winterlicious?

I went to Five Doors North on Friday night. $25 for a 3 course meal, it was really good. It's a nice place and great food, though super cramped inside.

I regret not going to more restaurants though, I'll save that for summer time when I don't hate the weather.

Rinoa

Dreading going outside tomorrow

xqrQbjB.gif

Samyy

Plus - no class tomorrow
Minus - 2 midterms Tuesday, 1 Midterm Wednesday, 20 page paper and 50 minute presentation Thursday.

Can it snow more? Pls snow days the entire week pls!!!

I went to Five Doors North on Friday night. $25 for a 3 course meal, it was really good. It's a nice place and great food, though super cramped inside.

I regret not going to more restaurants though, I'll save that for summer time when I don't hate the weather.

I'm going to Canoe in a few days

RaidenXZ

Never find time to enjoy Winterlicious stuff. Damn school. And I'm in the heart of Toronto to boot! But instead of eating I'm studying my ass off. At least I'm warm lol

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
If you're doing Winterlicious or Summerlicious, you should look for the really nice restaurants that have reputations to maintain and avoid lesser known ones. I've heard from several chefs that a lot of restaurants just serve garbage to their winterlicious guests because it hurts their revenue too much otherwise. Restaurants like Canoe won't do this however because their well-known enough that any poor service or food will damage their reputation.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Never find time to enjoy Winterlicious stuff. Damn school. And I'm in the heart of Toronto to boot! But instead of eating I'm studying my ass off. At least I'm warm lol
You can go at night or other times. I've often been and while it might not be during the hours, they'll have the menu available. That said...
If you're doing Winterlicious or Summerlicious, you should look for the really nice restaurants that have reputations to maintain and avoid lesser known ones. I've heard from several chefs that a lot of restaurants just serve garbage to their winterlicious guests because it hurts their revenue too much otherwise. Restaurants like Canoe won't do this however because their well-known enough that any poor service or food will damage their reputation.
...that's why I haven't had a good Winterlicious meal before. They should be careful because the worst thing they can do is have people spread negative impressions.

Quadratic

I have an extra copy of MH 4 coming my way because I have the LE box and 3ds bundle ordered. I'll sell the cart $40 straight up if anyone is interested.

ahdurian

I've gone to Cibo, Hot Hous, Fred's Not Here, some Malaysian restaurant on Baldwin, and this breakfast place at Bathurst-Bloor

All really good meals. My favorite out of them was Hot House. Surf and Turf for days

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I have an extra copy of MH 4 coming my way because I have the LE box and 3ds bundle ordered. I'll sell the cart $40 straight up if anyone is interested.

lol

Dat gravy.

That LE box I get, but what was the 3DS bundle? You don't mean the new monhun 3DS, do you? I don't think that has the game included...or there was another bundle with new 3DS and a copy of the game?

I preordered the LE myself. I can't wait! Now I'm stalking fuzzy to see when I can knock him out and grab the MM LE.

I've gone to Cibo, Hot Hous, Fred's Not Here, some Malaysian restaurant on Baldwin, and this breakfast place at Bathurst-Bloor

All really good meals. My favorite out of them was Hot House. Surf and Turf for days

Hmm...last one I went was was Hot House actually. Don't remember it being that good, but I may need to go again. Others I've never been to.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hmm...last one I went was was Hot House actually. Don't remember it being that good, but I may need to go again. Others I've never been to.
I'm showing up with a snowball in my hand. There may or may not be shards of ice within the snowball.

BTW I didn't go yesterday to get you a MM keychain because I caught a cold at my cousin's kid's b-day party on Saturday.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm showing up with a snowball in my hand. There may or may not be shards of ice within the snowball.

BTW I didn't go yesterday to get you a MM keychain because I caught a cold at my cousin's kid's b-day party on Saturday.

A cold?! #teamwinter strikes again!

Quite a lot of people got sick, my boss in Montreal, my two coworkers, a coworker in another dept, myself, and you. Goddamn it's making the rounds!

Quadratic

lol

Dat gravy.

That LE box I get, but what was the 3DS bundle? You don't mean the new monhun 3DS, do you? I don't think that has the game included...or there was another bundle with new 3DS and a copy of the game?

The Majora's Mask 3DS doesn't have the game installed but the Mon Hun one does :) Explains the difference in price.

mr.rager

Anyone here have any experiences with Canada Post tracking saying an item has been delivered but you didn't receive it? My mom was home the whole day and she told me she didn't get anything.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The Majora's Mask 3DS doesn't have the game installed but the Mon Hun one does :) Explains the difference in price.
Goddamn Nintendo :mad:
Anyone here have any experiences with Canada Post tracking saying an item has been delivered but you didn't receive it? My mom was home the whole day and she told me she didn't get anything.

Might have left a slip for you...or delivered to wrong place?

mr.rager

Might have left a slip for you...or delivered to wrong place?

No slip at all. I checked the address on the site that I ordered from and it's correct. Highly doubt one of my neighbours took it or the mailman delivered it to the wrong address cause I know the delivery guy just from having delivered so many packages to me.

Community box?

No, we don't have a community mailbox.

Gonna give it a couple of days and see if it magically finds it way to me. Also gonna give the local PO a call sometime in the afternoon tomorrow.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
No slip at all. I checked the address on the site that I ordered from and it's correct. Highly doubt one of my neighbours took it or the mailman delivered it to the wrong address cause I know the delivery guy just from having delivered so many packages to me.

No, we don't have a community mailbox.

Gonna give it a couple of days and see if it magically finds it way to me. Also gonna give the local PO a call sometime in the afternoon tomorrow.

Tweet @canadapostcares, or contact them via their website. They're usually quick with responses.

mr.rager

Tweet @canadapostcares, or contact them via their website. They're usually quick with responses.

They told me to contact the vendor and have them file a claim to investigate. I also have a really important package coming in this Friday, I'm home all day on that day and if they lose that package I am going to lose my shit.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I've heard of this. You'd probably have to contact the shipper to start a trace.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
if it was an amiibo, mr. rager...I stole it! :O

Seriously though, good luck! Only bad experiences I've really had are lazy mailmen simply running up to leave the slip and running off. Although I will say with the holidays the guy was super friendly and actually knocked on the fucking door. I wonder if it has anything to do with the community box crap they're going to set up soonish.

ahdurian

Seriously though, good luck! Only bad experiences I've really had are lazy mailmen simply running up to leave the slip and running off. Although I will say with the holidays the guy was super friendly and actually knocked on the fucking door. I wonder if it has anything to do with the community box crap they're going to set up soonish.

have had that with almost every thing i've gotten shipped to my house in the past 2 years
Few times I've caught the guys writing up the note, and I'd ask them why they didn't come up the stairs or ring the doorbell, and they'd just say stuff like "it didnt look like anyone was home"

Roto13

have had that with almost every thing i've gotten shipped to my house in the past 2 years
Few times I've caught the guys writing up the note, and I'd ask them why they didn't come up the stairs or ring the doorbell, and they'd just say stuff like "it didnt look like anyone was home"

Whoever my old mail carrier was was really shitty like that. I remember when I ordered my PS 3D Display and waited all day for it and got the "delivery attempted" notice in the tracking info. Fucking asshole.

To Canada Post's credit, that hasn't happened to me in quite a while.

mr.rager

My Amiibos made it to me no problem :)

Thanks for the tips guys. It's not a big loss if they did lose this item (45 dollar hat) but Fridays item is a different story lol. Gonna camp my door that day while playing MH4.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My Amiibos made it to me no problem :)

Thanks for the tips guys. It's not a big loss if they did lose this item (45 dollar hat) but Fridays item is a different story lol. Gonna camp my door that day while playing MH4.
Put a sign at your door saying you're home.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

This is what I've resorted to now. Without a note near the buzzer they never even try. A few times before Christmas they didn't even leave a slip; I had to check online to see it was sitting at the post office.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
well I guess that kind of makes sense...
Not a bad idea, I guess...
This is what I've resorted to now. Without a note near the buzzer they never even try. A few times before Christmas they didn't even leave a slip; I had to check online to see it was sitting at the post office. :
HAAAAAAAAAAH!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

This is what I've resorted to now. Without a note near the buzzer they never even try. A few times before Christmas they didn't even leave a slip; I had to check online to see it was sitting at the post office. :

We once got a call saying that they were there and to come down to get the package. Went to the lobby and no one was there. Went back upstairs, got another call asking where we were. It turns out that that they were in the building across the street. Instead of using the buzzer code that was on the package, they called the number from their cell phone.

My mailman's a champ. Never fails to bring me my stuff. Friendly dude too.

My mailman showed up at 10pm last night to drop off the mail.

I was shocked when mail came sliding through my letter slot at that time.

My packages will sometimes arrive around 8pm to 8:30 from Canada Post as well.

Windam

Scaley member
I got a Mail Woman. A blonde.

You should see her delivering during summer....those legs/calves...

n6DZ7.png

For some reason I read Mail Woman and associated it with a Russian mail-order bride. The delivering I associated with her arriving at your door. x__x

Blackhead

Redarse
Do you tip the mailman? Gave mine $20 (he wouldn't accept more) the previous Christmas 'cos he always used the buzzer and even switched the pickup location on my request. There's a new one this year who I haven't built up a similar relationship with yet but I haven't bought many games recently...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Maybe if I tipped my mailman he would give me better service, but I really don't feel like tipping because he is such a shit at his job.

Blackhead

Redarse
I don't thīnk he was especially good at the job and I didn't tip him after deliveries. I waited in the lobby one morning for the truck to stop and made sure say hello while picking up my package. I lucked out as he sticks to the same schedule and is usually on one time. After a few more packages we became friendly. The $20 was more like a Christmas gift (I don't think as Government employees they are actually allowed to accept any gifts)

jl4855

if a tip feels weird, at least give your mailman a christmas gift. makes things a lot easier, mine used to leave stuff in my garage if no one was home to make sure it was ok.

also give christmas gifts to your garbage / recycle guys.

mr.rager

Crisis averted! My hat came in today courtesy of the regular mailman. I asked him what happened and he said he took a personal day yesterday and they had someone else who wasn't familiar with my area do the mail.

Good call on giving a Christmas gift to the mailman, definitely gonna do that this year. Fuck Waste Management though, they routinely not get the garbage and recyclables from my street on Mondays pretty often.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe if I tipped my mailman he would give me better service, but I really don't feel like tipping because he is such a shit at his job.
Argued this in another thread. They make decent money and have great retirement plans last I checked. These aren't minimum wage workers or servers that NEED it to top off their earnings. Gifts, I guess, but I would never agree with tipping a mail carrier.

A tip shouldn't be a goddamn incentive to ring the bell and hand the package vs writing a note and running to put it in the mailbox because 'it looked like nobody was home'

Top Bottom