• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Renewed

FQa00XP.jpg

Screw this week. Just want to rest and recuperate so I can get back to work soon.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Screw this week. Just want to rest and recuperate so I can get back to work soon.

Tried to get all of those and failed in the attempt. Still have to fight fuzzy over the chinook comment for MM. EBGames is done for the night, so I'm stuck waiting til they answer.

Sigh, system transfer is in progress and I already regret not getting a 32gb microsd...got a 16 instead. Might bite the bullet and get that later if I really need it.

edit: if anyone is looking for bowser amiibos, there are a bunch at Walmart Gerrard Square. Also saw a DK and a bunch of Yoshis along with the regular shit of Peach, Mario, Luigi, Link. Etc. Also just saw amazon.ca had a toon link available for regular price. gogogogoogogogogog

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Kuro did you see my post a couple of days ago?

Amazon.ca

Order from the first time it was up:
jPB9bj1.png

Order from the second time it was up a couple of hours later (the one for Kuro):
hJIJbFb.png
Amazon has since updated my top one to "Delivery estimate: Friday, February 20, 2015 by 8:00pm" but still no movement on the one for you. I think you better start praying to these guys.

dQ5qhJE.jpg

EB. Out of the blue I got a delivery notice. On release day too. EB is getting stuff delivered before Amazon. My Evolve order finally shipped today after nagging their customer service department. Truly the end days are here.

Amazon got Evolve to me on release day with the free shipping option, it's a crap shoot

ahdurian

man...i forgot how much I hate Purolator and their site

Since 12 my status was saying "missed delivery", so I called them to see if that means they came by my house and no one was home (which would be bs since I was home all day), or what

Saying they packed the truck too much so they can't make the delivery today.
So I asked them "can i pick this up at the Kipling Ave. depot?" and they were all like "yeah, sure we'll put in the request"

That was at 12pm

it's now 810pm, and I call their customer service rep and they are saying it's still not at the depot and that all they can see is "missed delivery"

mr.rager

Well, it's still on the wall staring at me... I don't want to make any sudden movements and have it jump at me... I'm fucked.

It was nice knowing you guys. :( :( :( :(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This apartment doesn't have as many spiders as our old one, but we always have an agreement with them. They can stay in the far corners, hidden away, cleaning up any bugs that make their way into the apartment, and in return, we don't squish them. But if they cross the line and try to approach eye level, it's over for them. Those are just the rules.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Our dollar is so low.

Ain't gonna be doin much shopping in SF :(
SF in general is expensive, no? I recall a friend orders pizza for his team and it was nuts how much it cost there.
Hey Kuro.

QScNEOo.png

Yep, almost a month after the release date.
Shite...well, at least I'll hopefully have some good ol fashioned monster hunting to tide me over until Purolator...ah hell Purolator :(

I recall Feb/Mar were big for releases.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Doritos are disgusting. So it's just sprinkling truffles on a turd

They need to sell the powder in like a shaker so I can just dump it on everything

Rinoa

SF in general is expensive, no? I recall a friend orders pizza for his team and it was nuts how much it cost there.

birdmanhands.gif

Me eat on company dime, got food plans each time I go.

Realized the monday is a holiday there too... so gonna do a high tea afternoon with a buncha peeps at my usual spot for high tea.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
birdmanhands.gif

Realized the monday is a holiday there too... so gonna do a high tea afternoon with a buncha peeps at my usual spot for high tea.

What place do you recommend? Been meaning to take the missus to high tea. We've done the King Edward before and that was pretty nice

Rinoa

What place do you recommend? Been meaning to take the missus to high tea. We've done the King Edward before and that was pretty nice

In Toronto I've yet to find the holy grail though. Must have good ambiance, cute detailed small food, nice dishes/pots/cups, tea kept warm and unlimited different teas, and proper service. I was surprised when some places here do not change your knife/fork/plate between sandwiches and desserts (Annona at Hyatt, nice price tho). Those flavours aren't supposed to mix! Going to try Shangri La and Ritz Carlton soon. Avoid MoRoCo.

In Dublin, Westbury Hotel is amazing and Shelbourne is quite good. I plan to do the Merrion but couldn't get booking, gotta book sooner with them.

In SF I go to the Rotunda because the location is good, staff are very accomodating and there's a nice view. Plus they have a large selection for people who want food-food.

Rinoa

I haven't gone in a long time and wouldn't do it again soon, I didn't like the sandwiches and desserts, maybe it was a meh menu on the day I went. Saw some friends do a twilight (aka later high tea) tea a few weeks ago and it looked the same though. Not kawaii enuf.

Might do the Royal York again soon, haven't gone ever since construction on union started becoming such a mess.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
birdmanhands.gif

I'm going to have to apply there D:

Aaaaaaand now you've turned it into high tea wars! I wish it was like Izakaya wars or pub wars.

zroid

Banned
man I really need to try Stockyards :(

it's just so far. opposite corner of the city.

there was one day I was planning to go but then the weather got really bad so we postponed it.

man I really need to try Stockyards :(

it's just so far. opposite corner of the city.

there was one day I was planning to go but then the weather got really bad so we postponed it.

If you do go, try to get the ribs. They are only served on certain days and can sell out quickly but they are worth it. Definitely my favourite ribs in the city.

In other news, I still haven't played a video game since the middle of September because I was trying to make my horrific wrist pain go away. My wrists feel a million times better right now. It's the first time in over 10 years that I haven't walked around with pain in my wrists. So I'm going to go out on a limb here and take a crazy guess that it must have been the video games that were causing the damage. *takes off doctor's hat*

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If you do go, try to get the ribs. They are only served on certain days and can sell out quickly but they are worth it. Definitely my favourite ribs in the city.

In other news, I still haven't played a video game since the middle of September because I was trying to make my horrific wrist pain go away. My wrists feel a million times better right now. It's the first time in over 10 years that I haven't walked around with pain in my wrists. So I'm going to go out on a limb here and take a crazy guess that it must have been the video games that were causing the damage. *takes off doctor's hat*

That or the masturbating.

Or a combination of the two.

*wears a stethoscope*

Top Bottom