• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Renewed

I'm going straight to my local EB Games to pick up my reserved n3DS after taking an early morning exam. Going to open it up, do the transfer thing and trade in my old system right on the store so I don't waste my time taking a second trip.

Going to be nice hunting Yian Kut-kus again after all these years.

I've only just beaten Lagi in MH3WiiU and I'm already diving into MH4... so help me I'll survive this. While I never got a call saying my preorder is there, I'll pop down there anyways.

I still need to figure out my plan of action for the transfer. It's the OG 3DS that was a gift to my little brother and we shared games on it. The only DL game he seems to play regularly is KI:Uprising. Anyways, obligatory screw this weather.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
No Monster Hunter midnight launch this time. Guess they can't have it getting in Majora's way. Disappointing, but I can sleep in now.

I'm getting the game digitally. I always want it on my system.

I've only just beaten Lagi in MH3WiiU and I'm already diving into MH4... so help me I'll survive this. While I never got a call saying my preorder is there, I'll pop down there anyways.

I still need to figure out my plan of action for the transfer. It's the OG 3DS that was a gift to my little brother and we shared games on it. The only DL game he seems to play regularly is KI:Uprising. Anyways, obligatory screw this weather.

If your brother's 3DS only has that one game then you might as well just not transfer at all. Cartridges keep all the save data I think.

Renewed

I'm getting the game digitally. I always want it on my system.

If your brother's 3DS only has that one game then you might as well just not transfer at all. Cartridges keep all the save data I think.

Might as well, but I bought like 10 games (from download versions of retail games to eShop titles) and some of those I want to play.

Good thing one of them is SMT: Devil Survivor OC, Atlus sales be praised

Gonna let my brother take first swing at Majora's Mask since he has all these videos in my history of LPs and whatnot.

Samyy

This weather combined with new 3DSXL day = calling in sick :D

Trying to decide between Majoras Mask or Persona Q

Hated the MH4 demo :/

Quadratic

Posted in BST already but if anyone wants to buy a new MH4U cart for $40 let me know. I'm parting out the physical copy from my CE edition.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've never played MM :/

Persona Q just feels like the safe choice..

I guess it comes down to this; Have you played a 3D Zelda before and have you played an EO game before? Q is much more EO than Persona gameplay wise (much better IMO) and while Majora has a lot of unique features to it, it's still a 3D Zelda with most of the usual gameplay.

My take; MM is a better game, Persona Q is a good EO game with a Persona skin and interesting dialogue. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go begin my 800 hours of Monster Hunter. :p

Toronto Burger of the Day:

3eLSGAK.jpg

Marben Restaurant

I guess it comes down to this; Have you played a 3D Zelda before and have you played an EO game before? Q is much more EO than Persona gameplay wise (much better IMO) and while Majora has a lot of unique features to it, it's still a 3D Zelda with most of the usual gameplay.

My take; MM is a better game, Persona Q is a good EO game with a Persona skin and interesting dialogue. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to go begin my 800 hours of Monster Hunter. :p

Yeah. All I got from Persona Q is that I'm not a fan of EO games. :/

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ah. The one thing I didn't expect when picking up our New 3DS this morning; The power in the EBgames (and the entire block) went out.

dubq

So my local EB Games (Rexdale) had this going: 5 Red n3DSXLs, 12 Black n3DSXLs, 1 MMLE, 8 MH4 CEs, and like 15 or more MH4 n3DSXLs.

I was floored to see like 15 people and most were Hunters. Anyways, I'm super pumped.

I think I liked yesterday's burger more. Not a fan of raw meat.

I can do very rare steak.. but something about rare hamburger just makes me dry heave.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Our EBgames had a ton of systems.. but only black N3DS for the non-preorders. We were going to cancel the Red N3DS we had and just get the MH4G one, but alas.. the power.

zroid

Banned
EBgames at Bathurst and Bloor around 6-6:30pm tonight. My wife will be there picking up her system and releasing the Red one into the wild.

I want to get it at Shoppers though ;_;

I'm just worried now they probably will only get the black ones (if any)

dubq

What was the N3DS/MH4U bundle retailing for? I'm just looking at a few on Kijiji and am considering splurging on it..

Mupod

So my local EB Games (Rexdale) had this going: 5 Red n3DSXLs, 12 Black n3DSXLs, 1 MMLE, 8 MH4 CEs, and like 15 or more MH4 n3DSXLs.

I was floored to see like 15 people and most were Hunters. Anyways, I'm super pumped.

shit that's close to me. Think they got any MH4 ones left? I was gonna check the EB at the cloverdale mall after work.

I wanted to preorder when they went up, and could have, but I was having a bit of a financial crisis at the time.

Renewed

shit that's close to me. Think they got any MH4 ones left? I was gonna check the EB at the cloverdale mall after work.

I wanted to preorder when they went up, and could have, but I was having a bit of a financial crisis at the time.

I highly recommend calling. I saw the open orders attached to each unit that was preordered so I assume most if not all are preordered. Might as well try anyways.

ahdurian

my MH 3DS got delayed by Purolator because they apparently have too many packages in their truck to deliver all of them by today :(

Though I did get the MH4U LE in the mail from UPS/Gamestop, so at least my friend's gift is secured

Then to wait for the MM 3DS from Amazon on Monday

much wait

Just came back from EB Games. Picked up my N3DS XL, went to a Subways that was right by the store, turned on my phone's WiFi hotspot, did the somewhat long and arduous transfer process, got 80 bucks out of my old system, and took a detour to a local Real Canadian Superstore to get a slightly cheaper AC adaptor than what EB was selling.

Downloading Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate as I post this. Reading week? More like hunting week, amirite?

Quadratic

So, I found out I had an online order for MH4U CE preordered. I had a delivery notice from purolator . Anyone want to buy it at cost + tax? I'm picking up my other preorder from EBgames tonight.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So, I found out I had an online order for MH4U CE preordered. I had a delivery notice from purolator . Anyone want to buy it at cost + tax? I'm picking up my other preorder from EBgames tonight.
Wtf!!! Was that from EB or Amazon? Fuckin EB I don't know what they did with mine...I'm charged but I'm not sure if it shipped. I got no notice.

Quadratic

Wtf!!! Was that from EB or Amazon? Fuckin EB I don't know what they did with mine...I'm charged but I'm not sure if it shipped. I got no notice.

EB. Out of the blue I got a delivery notice. On release day too. EB is getting stuff delivered before Amazon. My Evolve order finally shipped today after nagging their customer service department. Truly the end days are here.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Great. So, I'll have a n3DS but no new games to play on it...sigh....I guess I'll use all this goddamn time to transfer over. Fack

Also fuck this windchill!

Top Bottom