• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Rinoa

I'm going to have to apply there D:

Aaaaaaand now you've turned it into high tea wars! I wish it was like Izakaya wars or pub wars.

If there's a specific job you want at salesforce let me know (don't apply through the website), there's a process that needs to be done internally and I send you a link to the job which forwards your application to the recruiter's pile with my recommendation to the manager hiring.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
If there's a specific job you want at salesforce let me know (don't apply through the website), there's a process that needs to be done internally and I send you a link to the job which forwards your application to the recruiter's pile with my recommendation to the manager hiring.
I've actually only heard good things about them and we use SF at work.

There's no position for #teamwarm leader yet nor company glutton, but believe me, I'll let you know.

Edit: and of course thanks a bunch! :)

Do you work on a technical team at Salesforce?

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
At the Diwan restaurant in the Aga Khan museum. Food was spectacular and the museum was really cool. Might post more about it later.

Heading up from Windsor to Guelph today I passed by this. Looked real bad.

Took a back highway at 40 km/h from Windsor to Tilbury, and then my sister drove the rest of the way to Guelph. Now gonna barricade myself (and the import) inside for the next two days, will feel like -30 to -40 through the rest of the weekend. Nope.

Quick

Banned
What are some good stores at the Distillery district?

I've been around the area a few times recently, and I haven't had the opportunity to take the time and look around more freely.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What are some good stores at the Distillery district?

I've been around the area a few times recently, and I haven't had the opportunity to take the time and look around more freely.
Soma, Balzac's and Ontario Spring Water Sake company.

There was also a bakery there that was supposed to be good.

Wife and I usually eat at Pure Spirits.

Quick

Banned
I've been in Balzac's for every time I'm there so far. I don't think I've ever been in there when there's no one taking pictures. It was pretty ridiculous earlier with a man and his wife and child hogging the staircase going for an artistic shot.

What about retail there? Anything worth checking out?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've been in Balzac's for every time I'm there so far. I don't think I've ever been in there when there's no one taking pictures. It was pretty ridiculous earlier with a man and his wife and child hogging the staircase going for an artistic shot.

What about retail there? Anything worth checking out?
I think there is a lot of little places there that are unique. It's a good place for a date.

Unmm....

If you're going to BUY something though you should be ballin'. It's very expensive.
Kuro, the Raptors bandwagon has room. Leafs can't even tank properly for McDavid.
How can a team not even lose properly? Raptors are a good young offensive team but I hope it holds up in the playoffs. I want Brooklyn again and then Cleveland after that; if we can beat those two we should get to the finals where we may get eaten by a Western team.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think there is a lot of little places there that are unique. It's a good place for a date.

Unmm....

If you're going to BUY something though you should be ballin'. It's very expensive.

How can a team not even lose properly? Raptors are a good young offensive team but I hope it holds up in the playoffs. I want Brooklyn again and then Cleveland after that; if we can beat those two we should get to the finals where we may get eaten by a Western team.

Kuro you ignorant slut.

Second round exit. They need a real good matchup in the second round (Washington) to have a shot at the Eastern conference finals.

Toronto Burger of the Day:

J161FVk.jpg

Bymark

** WARNING = $35 **

zroid

Banned
Wife and I usually eat at Pure Spirits.

This reminds me, I've been wondering if there's a place around here that serves grilled oysters? When I was in New Orleans a few years ago I had these amazing grilled oysters but I can't seem to find a restaurant here that offers them. I'm just not a fan of raw oysters, but grilled is so good.

Roto13

The only reason I'm not out in this is I have a cold with a fever. :( At least I can open my window and get some nice fresh air. That helps.

Quadratic

Going out for a bubble tea wasn't the smartest thing to do. I'm feeling the icy burn. Looking. Outside though, it's clear and sunny which is deceiving.

Renewed

Well hearing the glowing reviews of this weather, it's a good thing I'm sick. Besides it's not like I'd be able to go volunteer anyways.

I remember that my gloves did nothing on Friday. I hope tomorrow is better... ;-;

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Went like 15 steps from house to sedan for airport in my summer clothes. Still feeling the burn..
Shhhhh...it'll be warm for you soon in SF :')
Toronto Burger of the Day:

J161FVk.jpg

Bymark

** WARNING = $35 **
Wtf?! I'm on mobile so that link doesn't work, but what kind of goat's blood are they putting in that to make it 35? Kobe/Wagyu beef????
You mean #humanrace. This is the kind of weather where those militaries who attack Russia get exterminated.
It's like ICEIS has come to Toronto! D:
The only reason I'm not out in this is I have a cold with a fever. :( At least I can open my window and get some nice fresh air. That helps.
Suuuuuuuure, roto. sure.
Going out for a bubble tea wasn't the smartest thing to do. I'm feeling the icy burn. Looking. Outside though, it's clear and sunny which is deceiving.
I'm sort of having high tea with the wife. She has a cappuccino, I have a tea latte and we have this diabeetus chocolate hazelnut ganache.
My dog usually loves winter, but 5 minutes out in that wind and he was ready to stay inside for the rest of the day.
Chewie is smarter than it's owner!

TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT AND FIGHT ME IN REASONABLE WEATHER! >=[
Seriously how do I get my car to start?

It has never given me problems before.
Is the car old? Got good anti freeze in it?

Foreplay helps get anything to start...

This is the stupidest of the stupid weather. Like who seriously enjoys this?
Snow people, yetis, Himalayan Mountain goats, Coors Lite drinkers, and places that serve terrible burgers.

krae_man

My drink from A&W froze completely before I got home and I live 10 minutes away. Luckaly my thermal bag kept my food hot.

My drink hit a break point and said "fuck this" and froze solid.

mr.rager

I was gonna drive my gf to work (didn't really want to) this morning but the family car wont turn over and it's blocking the garage with my car in it lol thank you based winter.

Wtf?! I'm on mobile so that link doesn't work, but what kind of goat's blood are they putting in that to make it 35? Kobe/Wagyu beef????

I'm not sure. I've never had it and the restaurant is pretty pricy overall. I think they just grind up an expensive steak to make it and then throw truffle on top or something like that.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Taking all my willpower not to get a digital version of MonHun while my bloody LE version comes on Tuesday...this really sucks, I won't even be able to play it much.

Maybe I should wo from home Tuesday or Wednesday :O

A bonus would be that I avoid this weather too.

Sober

Taking all my willpower not to get a digital version of MonHun while my bloody LE version comes on Tuesday...this really sucks, I won't even be able to play it much.

Maybe I should wo from home Tuesday or Wednesday :O

A bonus would be that I avoid this weather too.
Isn't there mail service on Mondays?

At least that's what CP is telling me.

Top Bottom