• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The prophecy foretold that upon the next meetup Kraftwerks would kill the one known as Kave_Man.

The prophecy cannot be changed.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Welcome! Yes, there is tons of good discussion and info in this thread (however there is also the monthly complaints about the TTC and arguments about best hamburger)
TTC does suck. And you guys have terrible taste in burgers....dangerous Dan's....smh

Manics, is this a new alt? D:

Alpha, which other meet ups?

I finally got around to eating at The Black Hoof the other night. I loved it!
I had the horse tartar, blood pudding, roasted bone marrow and beef tongue sandwich.
Highly recommended to anyone that wants to get some great quality food.

Sober

Centre of the universe.
I remember one morning the subway conductor called Bloor-Yonge that as we were pulling in and we all had a good laugh. But that was before they had automated announcements. I do wish back then the announcements, especially on the subway were a bit more enthusiastic or something.

lefantome

Hey why no updating the transit op with informations about the Presto card?

it's one of thr most interesting developments in public transportation.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I remember one morning the subway conductor called Bloor-Yonge that as we were pulling in and we all had a good laugh. But that was before they had automated announcements. I do wish back then the announcements, especially on the subway were a bit more enthusiastic or something.
Automated is the way to go. Though some places like Korea use sort of very respectful and semi cutesy announcements which was kinda weird for me anyways.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

There was one conductor who was pretty enthusiastic about it. She had a really high pitched voice.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Okay so I've made the decision I am finally going to cancel my Rogers internet and go with something cheaper. I need your help my lovelies.

My brother has been recommending to go with Acanac, any other recommendations?

I guess I should also field the question especially to BigJonsson and Alpha who I know are in my area.

Thanks for your help guys!

Teksavvy is pretty awesome. Just don't torrent haha.

Why not?

lJks2GS.jpg

source

Oppo

I haven't had any issues running torrents on TekSavvy, fwiw....

I am thinking of switching off them though, not because I don't like them but just because Rogers finally has a package with good upload speeds (10 megabits/sec).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

They've been involved in a legal battle with Voltage Pictures over torrents using Teksavvy's internet service. Voltage is notorious in the US for using thousands of people over Hurt Locker downloads, so it's no real surprise. Like all torrents and all ISPs, you're taking a chance if you download without concealing your identity (VPN, etc).

I am thinking of switching off them though, not because I don't like them but just because Rogers finally has a package with good upload speeds (10 megabits/sec).

Thankfully I don't need those decent upload speeds, and I'm stubborn enough to not want to support any of the telecom giants regardless of their advantages.

Oppo

Voltage is suing everybody. TekSavvy is just the only one who talks about it. Rogers and Bell just hand over your shit.

Anyways unless you downloaded The Hurt Locker, or some fine Steven Segal fare, have a look at Voltage's catalog and you'll see that it's unlikely you ran afoul of their particular... fare, I guess we'll call it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Voltage is suing everybody. TekSavvy is just the only one who talks about it. Rogers and Bell just hand over your shit.

Anyways unless you downloaded The Hurt Locker, or some fine Steven Segal fare, have a look at Voltage's catalog and you'll see that it's unlikely you ran afoul of their particular... fare, I guess we'll call it.

Indeed. The list of movies from Voltage is mostly unknown and Teksavvy is fighting for their customer's rights. Just another reason I'll stick with them.

Roto13

Thankfully I don't need those decent upload speeds, and I'm stubborn enough to not want to support any of the telecom giants regardless of their advantages.

Rogers could have the best internet plan in the world and I wouldn't sign up with them because they're just a horrible company in general. Not interested in having to call them every month or two to dispute some random charge.

Help me, GTA-GAF!

Found a presto card, what do I do/how do I return it to the rightful owner?

Can the rightful owner cancel the card? If I cant find the owner, I'd much rather use up the card myself then to give it back to Transit.

But I'd much rather return it to the owner, people should sign their damn cards.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Help me, GTA-GAF!

Can the rightful owner cancel the card? If I cant find the owner, I'd much rather use up the card myself then to give it back to Transit.

But I'd much rather return it to the owner, people should sign their damn cards.

Looks like they can cancel it and order a replacement. I couldn't find anything about returning the card, but I guess you could e-mail PRESTO and give them the number.

https://www.prestocard.ca/en/StaticContent/FaqLost/

Looks like they can cancel it and order a replacement. I couldn't find anything about returning the card, but I guess you could e-mail PRESTO and give them the number.

https://www.prestocard.ca/en/StaticContent/FaqLost/

What are the chances the person did not register? Because if they didn't, then they are screwed anyway, right? ...So I may as well save myself money and use the card myself...

If I do use the card, and they cancel it, will an alarm go off when I try to use it, informing the driver that the card is lost/stolen? I dont want to get in trouble.

Actually, a better question-- if I plainly return the card, can the customer staff use it themselves?

Anyway to know if the card is registered? I want to return it, I do, but if all is lost for the owner, I'd love to ease my own burden, or give it to a struggling friend

Suff0kat3

Neo Member
I was just poking fun at the recent ugliness between TS and Voltage.

This should be coming to Teksavvy soon I thought.

The only problem with this case, is depending on the outcome, other companies may follow suit to "protect" their copyrights. It's a really bad position to be in if your IP address is divulged. Either pay a small settlement or get a lawyer and potentially pay even more.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Okay so I've made the decision I am finally going to cancel my Rogers internet and go with something cheaper. I need your help my lovelies.

My brother has been recommending to go with Acanac, any other recommendations?

I guess I should also field the question especially to BigJonsson and Alpha who I know are in my area.

Thanks for your help guys!
I just switched back to Teksavvy from Acanac. Go with Tek. Their network is stabler, their service reps get to you relatively fast, and the price great for what you get.

Acanac puts you on hold for so long at times that you get disconnected......and my ping spikes all the time playing tf2. And I never got the advertised d/u ever.

As much as I was pissed at teksavvy last year, and they were running around doing shit, they've honored the request to waive my set up fee after I lost a month of internet so we're even.

Trust ol Kuro. Go with teksavvy...or it's back in the bread for you! >={

explodet

Sorry to hear about your job, Stet. Although right now I could use a Happy Fired Day - I'm starting a new job in early February and everybody at my current job is squeezing every last drop out of me they can. I've been working straight until midnight every day this week.

I'm taking a break surfing GAF otherwise my head would explode.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to hear about your job, Stet. Although right now I could use a Happy Fired Day - I'm starting a new job in early February and everybody at my current job is squeezing every last drop out of me they can. I've been working straight until midnight every day this week.

I'm taking a break surfing GAF otherwise my head would explode.
Different company? Fuck em then

Help me, GTA-GAF!

Funny I found one the other day too. No signature but I called up presto and gave them the number and it was luckily registered so they cancelled the card and notified the owner. Just call Presto.

If its registered you can guarantee the person will cancel the card themselves within a few days or as soon as they notice its missing. I guess you can wait a few days then try scanning it to see if it still works.

Top Bottom