• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quick

Banned
I heard about the Nabil thing when they hosted a few nights ago. Thanks for the link.

Absolutely disgusted and yet not surprised. I hope it makes Nabil that much more dedicated to the craft. I think he's pretty great on TSN and he should have a bright future.

I wonder how many of those Twitter users live in small towns.

Nabil's pretty cool. Pretty versatile reporter, being able to from SportsCentre to sideline reporting at Raptors games, to in-game Leafs reporting, to the World Juniors in Russia, to doing field reports in general. TSN's putting him everywhere. He was a bit shaky on his first few stints on SportsCentre, but he pretty much owns it now.

jl4855

Nabil's pretty cool. Pretty versatile reporter, being able to from SportsCentre to sideline reporting at Raptors games, to in-game Leafs reporting, to the World Juniors in Russia, to doing field reports in general. TSN's putting him everywhere. He was a bit shaky on his first few stints on SportsCentre, but he pretty much owns it now.

Suneel Joshi says whatup

I'm going to BEAST restaurant tonight... can't wait!

Now, with a killer menu like they have, I would never order a burger since there are so many other options...

but seriously look at the burger they have this week:

HgMJWwP.jpg

Kraftwerk

This

Go here:

Best Peking duck I've had in Toronto (also most racist)

Wtf?! You need to try BBQ duck at a Chinese place!

:)

Just got back from Pain Perdu...fucking amazing.

Highly, highly recommended. I had duck confit and oh my god. Soooo goood.

For desert I had this incredible almond napoleon. *single tear* it was orgasmic.

Very cozy environment, and the servers were super nice and all gorgeous. Three persian sisters.

Hey I just moved to north york from the UK. I've been shopping around for an internet provider and it looks like teksavvy is the way to go. Would you guys agree?

Thanks! I probably wont be able to make the meetup though, still got loads of things to sort out with our new apartment, and I also need a job.

How often do you guys have a meetup?

Kraftwerk

Thanks! I probably wont be able to make the meetup though, still got loads of things to sort out with our new apartment, and I also need a job.

How often do you guys have a meetup?

Not really scheduled, just on a whim and random. WIll try it do it more often from now on tho.

Azih

Hey I just moved to north york from the UK. I've been shopping around for an internet provider and it looks like teksavvy is the way to go. Would you guys agree?

Yurp, the bigger companies will 'give' you a modem for free but it's better to just buy your own for teksavvy.

I know, I know, burger talk...but I just gotta say fuck five guys for good.

I'm done with them. Over priced piece of garbage. $9 for a burger and they can't even get my simple order right. Bacon burger with lettuce and tomato. I get a burger with mustard, pickles, and onions. I ordered to go so by the time I realized this I was 2km away.

These burger joints are getting away with murder!!!! Does a $5 decent filling burger exist in this city anymore?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I know, I know, burger talk...but I just gotta say fuck five guys for good.

I'm done with them. Over priced piece of garbage. $9 for a burger and they can't even get my simple order right. Bacon burger with lettuce and tomato. I get a burger with mustard, pickles, and onions. I ordered to go so by the time I realized this I was 2km away.

These burger joints are getting away with murder!!!! Does a $5 decent filling burger exist in this city anymore?

Only when I cook my own at home.

The high end 'gourmet' burger concept has replaced any sort of cheap eats burger option outside of fast food. There are very few options otherwise (Aris diner on Roncy, nothing special, but cheap + friendly). Craft, Gourmet, Five Guys, Hero Burger, Priest, all way too expensive for what you get (although it varies. Priest is great meat, lacking in everything else. Five Guys gives you an buttload of fries, but a so-so burger). At least for me. So given that most of the places that should be serving cheap burgers are charging you restaurant burger prices, might as well go to the restaurant to get a better burger.

Only when I cook my own at home.

The high end 'gourmet' burger concept has replaced any sort of cheap eats burger option outside of fast food. There are very few options otherwise (Aris diner on Roncy, nothing special, but cheap + friendly). Craft, Gourmet, Five Guys, Hero Burger, Priest, all way too expensive for what you get (although it varies. Priest is great meat, lacking in everything else. Five Guys gives you an buttload of fries, but a so-so burger). At least for me. So given that most of the places that should be serving cheap burgers are charging you restaurant burger prices, might as well go to the restaurant to get a better burger.
I hear you. I miss my outdoor grill. Last year we had our BBQ set up under our carport for year round grilling but this year we didn't do it. I can't wait to be grilling up some big ass burgers and steaks in around a months time.

I think I'm done with these "gourmet" burger joints for a while. But even fast food isn't cheap anymore. A McDonalds/Burger King/Wendys combo is gonna run you $8-$10 too.

I miss the days of subway lunch specials. Footlong, chips, and a pop for $3.75. Even though subway sucks, but in high school it was better than cafeteria food!

Hieberrr

I'm looking to get my first road bike for leisure riding in the spring and summer. I am so damn excited. I'm not spending mad cash on a bike though, so hopefully I find something in the range of $200-$250.

#FUCKFORD #BIKECITY #YOLOGSWAGDOE #WOOPWOOP

Food trucks or Double Cheeseburgers. Ain't nothing wrong with some Mickey D's.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
EM was so drunk he poured the more sake onto the table than his cup. Dragona would be angry and ban you for that....

Kuro is obsessed with Dragona. I'll have to contact her and she if she can arrange a 'special visit' for you.

p.s. I don't want your dirty money. Boooooo. :p

Rinoa

Tim's and McDonald's coffee is not even that cheap on comparison to the other 'big name' coffee shops.

Old ppl, they stick to what they know. I like Mcdonalds cuz I associate it with memories of my maternal grandparents always going there.

Also the coupons you can print from the website or the survey site are awesome, five dolla lunch!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Old ppl, they stick to what they know. I like Mcdonalds cuz I associate it with memories of my maternal grandparents always going there.

I always have memories of my grandma taking us to Wendy's. It's probably the reason I don't find it quite as terrible as McDonalds.

But yeah, I always see a lot of older people in line at McDonalds, waiting for their coffee and muffin.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Also the coupons you can print from the website or the survey site are awesome, five dolla lunch!
I have memories of mom buying me a mcchicken combo for my bday.

Only recently started going to McDs again. Wife goes for the cheap shitty coffee as it's apparently less shitty than Timmy's

Roto13

I'm not really familiar with the nuances of fast food coffee. :p I only really drink my own because nobody else makes it strong enough.

The Coffee Time across from Vaughan Secondary in Thornhill was the place to be for lunch back in my day......until they accused me of not paying for my sub right after I gave them the money =/

But there was always some sweet Soul Calibur and Tekken action going on........this one guy would school everybody with his 30 throw combo bullshit

Quadratic

Coffee Time has to be the sketchiest chain coffee shop in the city. Even Country Style went and did a reno on their locations and are "bistros" now.

Top Bottom