• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quadratic

Heading to Sushi on Bloor right now, as recommended by you guys. Shall report back....you better hope its good.

Good luck man. The line for that place puzzles me. I mean it's okay but you can get sushi at a lot of other restaurants around it if you can't stand the wait.

Rinoa

I can't stand Sushi on Bloor because of the sheer amount of people bringing in babies and stuff. Only go there when ppl is low on cashola.

Windy as hell right now, apparently another 'storm' on the way?

I can't stand Sushi on Bloor because of the sheer amount of people bringing in babies and stuff. Only go there when ppl is low on cashola.

Windy as hell right now, apparently another 'storm' on the way?
the wind is annoying, all I've been hearing is whipping sounds outside my window. And it's worse when you live over 20 floors up.

I hope for snowmageddon only because I don't want to go to class tomorrow. And this prof does attendance for some sick and twisted reason so if classes are cancelled them I can skip happily.

U8ghb8H.jpg

source

cbox

Horrible commute, had to wade through a giant puddle in front of work. Assholes who don't use their lights on the highway need to be punished severely.

Oppo

This weather is the worst.

Combo of snow and rain has completely saturated the ground and now my basement is slowly flooding. And there's nothing I can do until it stops fucking precipitating.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Sushi on Bloor confuses the fuck out of me. It is always packed, and is not really much cheaper, better, or hospitable than any of the other dozen sushi places around it.

I can't even eat on "the maki mile" anymore. The sushi there is just so bad. I really dug Japango behind City Hall, but their chef, Ken Zhang left a couple of years back, and they've slipped slightly, but they're still the best place to get a typical sushi combo at a low price. Ken Zhang chef moved to Yuzu near Croc Rock, but they do more upscale stuff, even though they have a nice typical sushi combo there too. But then Ken Zhang moved again and is at Sushi Couture located also on the infamous maki mile, but his menu there was so crazy that I left dissapointed.

Then again, I only went to Sushi Couture when it first opened, I should check it out again.

zorbsie

Take it easy shoveling this slush around. This is the kind of stuff that gives people heart attacks. Want to be a proud team #winter member, but this muck needs to go away and fast.

-.- Stupid weather. This was the only time that I was rooting for you to have a snowday. Now I have to go in for two exams while my body feels like complete death.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Always melts my heart to see homeless people with dogs. As cruel as I may sound, I'd always be more concerned over the dog than the human being.

It seems like a popular way to build sympathy. After seeing how some of the street kids treat their dogs though (I saw one douche sitting there flicking his dogs ear as the dog tried to move away, lots of dogs on choke chains being yanked every which way, being outside all day in the summer heat, teasing their dog by flashing a lighter in front of their face) feeling more concern over the dog is justified in many cases.

Quick

Banned
Last summer, I saw plenty of these people dressed in black all along Queen Street panhandling with dogs. It was infuriating because these people were asking for weed money and you see their dogs just lying down there in the shade looking like hell.

I was bitching about this in one of the previous Toronto threads. Annoyed the shit out of me.

Roto13

It seems like a popular way to build sympathy. After seeing how some of the street kids treat their dogs though (I saw one douche sitting there flicking his dogs ear as the dog tried to move away, lots of dogs on choke chains being yanked every which way, being outside all day in the summer heat, teasing their dog by flashing a lighter in front of their face) feeling more concern over the dog is justified in many cases.

Last summer, I saw plenty of these people dressed in black all along Queen Street panhandling with dogs. It was infuriating because these people were asking for weed money and you see their dogs just lying down there in the shade looking like hell.

I was bitching about this in one of the previous Toronto threads. Annoyed the shit out of me.

It's disgusting. People who can't even take care of themselves thinking they can take care of an animal too, and that's the best case scenario. Too often it's like you say, just using them as a prop.

Top Bottom