• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quadratic

Uggh, flying to Boston for PAX tomorrow in this storm. It'll be over here but it looks like 5-7 inches when I get there. Fuck winter!

need some help here (I was looking in the neogaf hot dog thread) & i was wondering if anyone knows a hot dog bun with the sweet taste like this

0007343500305_500X500.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sigh. Well shit. At Toronto East General now.

Ankle hurts
Doctor just stretch it
But stretching made it worse
Forces stretch
Swollen and inflamed at night
Hospital visit....

On the plus side, sick day and maybe ni no kuni later, and maybe let me work from home

On the other hand, fuck this fucking pain

Quadratic

I kinda knew this would happen. My flight to Boston has been delayed 3 hours. At least the Porter Airlines lounge is much nicer to wait in than Pearson. Free snacks, drinks and wifi.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Sigh. Well shit. At Toronto East General now.

Ankle hurts
Doctor just stretch it
But stretching made it worse
Forces stretch
Swollen and inflamed at night
Hospital visit....

On the plus side, sick day and maybe ni no kuni later, and maybe let me work from home

On the other hand, fuck this fucking pain

Admit it; Playing TF2 last night made you kick a concrete wall, or something.

Quadratic

That sucks. Will be inside most of the time, so not so bad. I'm heading down on Thursday.

Looking at the weather, the worst of it will be today followed by rain hopefully that will melt the accumulation. +4-7C the rest of the week and sunny.

Are you planning on going to any GAF meetups at PAX East?

Quadratic

How is PAX East? I'm thinking of going to a few more conventions a year. This is one I am interested in.

AlphaTwo00 has been to PAX East before. I went to Prime last summer and it was a blast. It was the closest I could get to being at an E3. Met Jeff Green and saw/talked to a bunch of gaming "celebrities".

It's worth the trip at least once in my opinion.

They are adding an extra day to the Seattle one this year and it sells out quickly.

Author of the response dropping some truth bombs:

Stop shitting on the city you live in just because you suck at living in it. There’s no way, if you have the deep-seated mental health issues that have been detailed in this article, that you will be able to make it in any other place. Period. So don’t drag a whole city down because you suck. It’s not them, it’s you.

Sober

AlphaTwo00 has been to PAX East before. I went to Prime last summer and it was a blast. It was the closest I could get to being at an E3. Met Jeff Green and saw/talked to a bunch of gaming "celebrities".

They are adding an extra day to the Seattle one this year and it sells out quickly.
So since I was at the GAF meet up earlier last month that means I'm only now one degree of separation from Jeff Green?

I really should go to PAX East next year. Seattle might be a bit much for me even I've flown there before but it would be nice to go.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't see the original but I assume it went something like this,

Blah blah blah girls are stuck up in Toronto, blah blah blah they aren't laid back like in Montreal, lolz they don't fall for my contrived pick up lines :(

http://www.rooshv.com/15-reasons-why-toronto-is-the-worst-city-in-north-america-for-men

This guy is a moron, he is hanging out with the wrong people, I imagine he'd have a similar problem in just about every city
Hm. I won't disagree with all his points but that is a very general and broad brush that he is painting with his impression of girls who go clubbing.

That said, I have heard it from girls outside Canada that the girls and guys here always seem so guarded compared to where they're from. Heard it from a Brit, a Yank, and an Aussie.

Anecdotally, I have zero luck with girls here. I had maybe one Canadian born gf whilst the rest of my relationships have been with people not born here.

I would be the first to say I am a generic Asian guy and am no model of beauty like....we'll say kave_man, but the non Canadian girls that showed interest in me was...something I wasn't used to when I was dealing with them.

Probably still not to be honest even though I've been married 5 years now.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hm. I won't disagree with all his points but that is a very general and broad brush that he is painting with his impression of girls who go clubbing.

That said, I have heard it from girls outside Canada that the girls and guys here always seem so guarded compared to where they're from. Heard it from a Brit, a Yank, and an Aussie.

Anecdotally, I have zero luck with girls here. I had maybe one Canadian born gf whilst the rest of my relationships have been with people not born here.

I would be the first to say I am a generic Asian guy and am no model of beauty like....we'll say kave_man, but the non Canadian girls that showed interest in me was...something I wasn't used to when I was dealing with them.

Probably still not to be honest even though I've been married 5 years now.

If you weren't so charming I'd be so furious at your jabs. :D

But to echo your sentiment I have heard the same from women and men from outside Canada speaking about the dating scene when they were here.

Whoever wrote this sounds angry that he is getting rejected on a regular basis. Step your game up son is my response to him.

What are the local laws regarding setting fire to a car that has had its entirely pointless alarm going off all day?

You mean, arson?

You'll have better luck getting the owner of the car cited for disturbing the peace (and maybe towed) than you will getting away with arson.

Yup. I'm really hurting on this East one. The previous East has always felt like it's playing second fiddle to Prime (Seattle) just because of timing (less new games out, so less big publishers), but it had it's own niche of indie smaller devs. This year seems to be a bumper crop of companies showing up with big games.

Once I get a job, I'll get back to making stupid trips to all of them, especially the one in Australia.

jokkir

Hey Divvy, do you know if that Starbucks at Yonge /Finch in the Xerox building is opened again? (heard it was under renovation). Might go and do homework there >>

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Hey Divvy, do you know if that Starbucks at Yonge /Finch in the Xerox building is opened again? (heard it was under renovation). Might go and do homework there >>

I don't think it's open yet. Unless it opened within the last day or so.

jcTzewT.jpg

source

How the fuck are they fitting a condo there? That tiny hole will be a condo directly across the street from the side entrance of Union Station. Squished right between that triangle shaped building and the train tracks.

scogoth

source

How the fuck are they fitting a condo there? That tiny hole will be a condo directly across the street from the side entrance of Union Station. Squished right between that triangle shaped building and the train tracks.

You'll be able to reach out and borrow some eggs from the next condo. How to hell can they build so close?

jcTzewT.jpg

source

I live near there. Behind where they're building the 2nd tower (the little hole) there is a sketchy alleyway that everyone here nicknamed "bum alley". Go explore and have fun =D

Lurkee

Neo Member
jcTzewT.jpg

source

That triangle-shaped building is the Esplanade condos, and the crane/building under construction is the 'L' tower by Libeskind, right?

Do you have a pic of what's going to be built in that small hole you're talking about?

That triangle-shaped building is the Esplanade condos, and the crane/building under construction is the 'L' tower by Libeskind, right?

Do you have a pic of what's going to be built in that small hole you're talking about?

Yep, it's the Esplanade one. You are also right about the photo being taken from the L Tower crane operator.

The small hole will be this generic looking thing:

V5xRdJR.jpg

Sober

Condo ads on the radio should be banned outright for making crappy versions of good songs as they try to awkwardly force the name of the condo into it.

Top Bottom