• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

whitehawk

Banned
Had an opportunity to check out that Game-On exhibit at the Science Centre earlier today and it's fucking amazing. Nice range of older consoles and newer stuff, all playable and enjoyable. Hell, they even had Johann Sebastian Joust, ten-player Saturn Bomberman and tons more. Me and my buddy just went wild with everything, especially that NBA Jam TE cabinet. Simply amazing.

Thanks to whoever recommended it in here a while ago. Everyone in TO-GAF needs to make the trek over there at some point to experience it.
Good to hear. I'll be going soon.

Also, if you go to GameCentre they have coupons for 20% off for the exhibit. Good for 4 tickets.

Quick

Banned
We should do a meet-up at the Science Centre for that exhibit. Though, there's nothing to do around the area (I think).

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
No alcohol no meet up
rljdsqo.jpg

Stet

Banned
You guys missed an amazing show.

Partway through the first few songs, Nick told someone pressed up against the stage that if he took another picture, he'd take his camera and fucking smash it against the ground.

521347_10101701896902042_225318374_n.jpg

E-DuB

Hey Stet didn't know you were a fan of Nick Cave. I have to echo the sentiment, the show was AWESOME. Stagger Lee was absolutely brilliant.

Stet

Banned
Stagger Lee was incredible. I'm surprised he didn't make that the closer of the encore, it was so good. I've seen him four times now (though the other three were at the Kool Haus) and this show was by far the best. It's ridiculous that he just keeps getting older but keeps upping his live game.

Happy Monday! I hope you are all done your taxes and are not leaving it til the last minute! (like I am.....)

Toronto photo of the day:
cnrnvcc.jpg

source

This is an interesting shot since they chose to leave out the main cluster of skyscrapers in the central and south business districts and focused on the condos to the west of the CN Tower instead.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Stop being ungrateful.

3 out of 4 points versus the Bruins.

Did we even get 3 points all of last season against them?

Quadratic

Back from Pax East and not sick thankfully. The approach coming into Billy Bishop Airport is actually quite breathtaking. Say what you will about the drivers in this city. At least I'm not afraid of dying every time I cross the street like in Boston.

The approach coming into Billy Bishop Airport is actually quite breathtaking.

I agree! It's awesome. Much better than landing in Mississauga at Pearson.

I remember coming back from China and the guy next to me (he was from China and it was his first time to Toronto) was like "Wow. What an impressive skyline!" looking at Mississauga.
I just laughed and told him that he was looking at a very small city near Toronto and that the actual Toronto skyline is much larger. Pretty funny.

Willectro

Banned

I completely agree, this is getting out of hand. That being said:
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/03/26/rob_ford_intoxicated_toronto_mayor_asked_to_leave_military_ball.html said:
Mayor Rob Ford was asked to leave a gala event celebrating the Canadian armed forces last month, because organizers were concerned he was impaired.

Last month and this is news? Am I missing something? Sounds like Robyn Doolittle has very little to do.

Ford must have to drink a shit ton to get hammered seeing how big he is. Probably just downs a 26 before coming through the door. http://youtu.be/oUFKs9TA4BQ

I was thinking the same thing.

thabiz

Last month and this is news? Am I missing something? Sounds like Robyn Doolittle has very little to do.

I would think and hope that they fact checked the hell out of this. You dont run an explosive story like this without making sure its airtight. Lawyers have probably been going over it with a fine tooth comb.

thabiz

Ford must have to drink a shit ton to get hammered seeing how big he is. Probably just downs a 26 before coming through the door. http://youtu.be/oUFKs9TA4BQ

i can out drink some friends that are twice my size. some people just have a low tolerance.

this might explain the constant red face. he always looks a little out of it. this could also explain the martial problems that have been reported.

and his brother should do the right thing if this is true. get him some help. not saying stupid shit on the radio like he was this morning.

Azih

I would think and hope that they fact checked the hell out of this. You dont run an explosive story like this without making sure its airtight. Lawyers have probably been going over it with a fine tooth comb.

Looking at the text of the article it seems like this was a leak from a Ford insider tyring to force Rob into rehab? Maybe his close friends are really worried about the guy and feel a public intervention is the only thing that might work?

Very odd.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
He probably just watched House of Cards and is going for the 'reformed alcoholic' angle for his reelection campaign.

thabiz

Nah he came out against the article really strongly:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/03/26/toronto-ford-gala.html

Sticking to the Leftist Star Conspiracy angle. It's just really really odd.

"It's an outright lie, it's the Toronto Star going after me again, and again and again," said Ford. "They're relentless. I'll go head-to-head with the Toronto Star anytime.

"Let's just wait till the election and we'll see what happens. It's just lies after lies after lies."

if all this shit is lies and outright wrong, why wont he sue them?

oh wait. according to Doug, thats just what the star wants, and they wont play that game.

Willectro

Banned
maybe this is front page, because its directly related to the other story. which yes, IS front page news.

Yea, either way, the guy just flat out needs to stop going to these events if he can't handle himself. I had hoped the previous legal ugliness would have lead to a reformed, modest Rob Ford, but apparently that just doesn't exist. That being said, if he has legitimate psych/alcohol issues, he needs to get those addressed. No one wants to wake up in the morning and be an obese alcoholic.

thabiz

Yea, either way, the guy just flat out needs to stop going to these events if he can't handle himself. I had hoped the previous legal ugliness would have lead to a reformed, modest Rob Ford, but apparently that just doesn't exist. That being said, if he has legitimate psych/alcohol issues, he needs to get those addressed. No one wants to wake up in the morning and be an obese alcoholic.

he needs to ditch his brother. he's clearly in it only for himself. he also needs some new blood in his circle that has some common sense.

Sadly, i think this will be deny, deny, deny, deny. when in reality he needs help. he has never looked "right". he was into to it before he was mayor, and i think he is still going hard. someone needs to step up and do the right thing for Rob, not for his brother and buddies.

i think making this issue public might do some good for him.

Brinbe

Damn, this weather could not be more amazing than it is right now. Absolutely perfect. Shit, better enjoy it while we can hahaha

Top Bottom