• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm pretty easy in that I just want to make the playoffs. I think we can hang with anyone in the top 8 but other then Winnipeg I really don't expect to beat anyone.

I just want as deep and grueling a playoff series as possible to really see what we're lacking and if some of the young guys can handle it.

I'd love nothing more then to go into the playoffs and have Reimer do absolutely amazing.

Hieberrr

Does anyone have any suggestions for places to bike in Toronto? I'm getting bored of lakeshore/harbourfront and downtown. I haven't gone east of harbourfront or west of Humber Park West yet. I also haven't gone north of Bloor.

I'm looking for nice flat roads with little traffic and traffic lights.

Stet

Banned
Does anyone have any suggestions for places to bike in Toronto? I'm getting bored of lakeshore/harbourfront and downtown. I haven't gone east of harbourfront or west of Humber Park West yet. I also haven't gone north of Bloor.

Don Valley is pretty flat once you get down there.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mount Dennis Public Library under went some renovations recently. I wish I could find some larger photos of the interior, but it looks pretty nice.

From the bicycle path along the lake on the west end, you can follow the Humber River north. It's mostly flat and paved the entire way, although I'm not sure if it holds true for north of Old Mill, I'm pretty sure it's mostly the same.

Here's a link detailing it. Now is a good time of year to go before the parks start to get busy.

Magnus

My parents went to Leslie spit today and took photos of swans swimming in the lake.

We have swans in fucking Toronto.

I had no idea.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
They need to add a TV screen in Museum station, why did they skip that station? Is it because it was just renovated before they started putting in the screens? I like knowing when the next subway is coming.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My parents went to Leslie spit today and took photos of swans swimming in the lake.

We have swans in fucking Toronto.

I had no idea.

Dozens of them on the west end along the lake too. Usually pairs, in the middle of large groups of geese and ducks. They're gigantic too and they're not the least bit afraid of dogs of any size.

Still better than the red wing black birds around High Park that have dive bombed my head and pecked at me on more than one occasion.

Presco

West Toronto Railpath is nice and flat but only a couple of Km. Just north of Dupont to Dundas. I run there a couple of times a week and there's always bikers doing the circuit.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Dozens of them on the west end along the lake too. Usually pairs, in the middle of large groups of geese and ducks. They're gigantic too and they're not the least bit afraid of dogs of any size.

Still better than the red wing black birds around High Park that have dive bombed my head and pecked at me on more than one occasion.
Your head is so shiny though, brah!

stop baiting them with leaves!

image.php

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Okay, my girlfriend just showed me this picture of a giant possum chilling in her neighborhood. What the fuck, since when do we get possums in the city?

Hieberrr

Don Valley is pretty flat once you get down there.

Mount Dennis Public Library under went some renovations recently. I wish I could find some larger photos of the interior, but it looks pretty nice.

From the bicycle path along the lake on the west end, you can follow the Humber River north. It's mostly flat and paved the entire way, although I'm not sure if it holds true for north of Old Mill, I'm pretty sure it's mostly the same.

Here's a link detailing it. Now is a good time of year to go before the parks start to get busy.

West Toronto Railpath is nice and flat but only a couple of Km. Just north of Dupont to Dundas. I run there a couple of times a week and there's always bikers doing the circuit.

Damn, I'll have to check these out and plan my next few trips. Thanks everyone!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Okay, my girlfriend just showed me this picture of a giant possum chilling in her neighborhood. What the fuck, since when do we get possums in the city?

I've seen a few on the west end (Bloor Village West / Swansea) over the years. Raccoon, as well of course. A deer was hit less than two minutes walking from my apartment building a year ago, and we have a lot of beavers on the west end of High Park. Then of course there are the coyotes in most of the ravines in the city.

More wildlife in the city than people realize!

Hieberrr

Girlfriend decided to sleep in so I went for a solo morning bike ride; so good. #teamwarm on my side!

The West Toronto Railpath was awesome! Pretty much a flat road from one end to the other (although I only went from Wallace to Dundas). Harbourfront was nice, a little chilly on the bike though. I wanted to go Port Lands, but I didn't have enough time so I went home so I could catch the TFC match.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Gorgeous day out. With a bit of a chill. Just the way I like it.

Teamwinter can finally get stuck waiting for a streetcar only to have it short turn

Roto13

My bedroom was too hot last night.

But it's so nice today. I'm almost tempted to leave my apartment.

Did you know #teamwinter likes spring? We just don't like summer in places with horrible summer weather like Toronto.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
How long as Iceman Video Games been around? I don't frequent Kensington Market more than every few months, but I noticed it today. It has a retro selection on par with A&C games (less imports though), for generally much less.
Bleh. Been around for a long time. I used to work for them when they were at Gerrard Square and East York Town Centre.

Owners are dicks. Fuck them.
Shooting at Yorkdale. :(
What happened?

MooseKing

Banned
It's crazy to me the police kept so many people for so long as they checked all the cars in the massive parking lot. Obviously they had to do this. However you have one of the largest most famous ghetto's in Toronto right next to Yorkdale practically. All they had to do was run to the subway, jump down the stairs, cross the road, into the park and completely vanish into all the urban housing.

Boogie

It's crazy to me the police kept so many people for so long as they checked all the cars in the massive parking lot. Obviously they had to do this. However you have one of the largest most famous ghetto's in Toronto right next to Yorkdale practically. All they had to do was run to the subway, jump down the stairs, cross the road, into the park and completely vanish into all the urban housing.

Yeah, you're right. The police shouldn't even bother trying to investigate this.

My god these pictures :O

Lived in toronto between 91-95, moved and have been living in Montreal ever since. Just applied to a new Tech position, travelling between MTL-TO-NY is 25% of the work.

TORONTO-GAF pray with me i get this job, I want to move back to TORONTO.

Quick

Banned
So, I was in Pacific Mall today, and I hear a discussion about the Yorkdale shooting between employees at this cellphone store (what else is there? lol).

"So, there was a shooting at Yorkdale."

"Really? Wow. It was probably a black guy that did it."

The conversation pauses and one of them looks around the area to make sure there weren't any black people around, then laughed.

It stunned me a bit because of how blatantly racist it was, and just how nonchalant she was when she said it.

Roto13

So, I was in Pacific Mall today, and I hear a discussion about the Yorkdale shooting between employees at this cellphone store (what else is there? lol).

"So, there was a shooting at Yorkdale."

"Really? Wow. It was probably a black guy that did it."

The conversation pauses and one of them looks around the area to make sure there weren't any black people around, then laughed.

It stunned me a bit because of how blatantly racist it was, and just how nonchalant she was when she said it.

You should have been like "HA HA THAT'S HILARIOUS! GOOD THING YOU LOOKED AROUND TO MAKE SURE NONE O' THEM JUNGLE BUNNIES WAS AROUND, MISSY! THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN EMBARRASSING! THEY'D PROBABLY SHOOT YOU!"

Or point out that the guy who died was Asian and known to police, it's not like every racial group doesn't do stupid shit.......and Markham is a crime free zone

Top Bottom