• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quadratic

When I went to EB today to pick up Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate the clerk mentioned that Miyamoto is in town for some event. I was shocked when I got his Streetpass at PAX East. Hopefully someone here is lucky to get his Mii in your 3DS plaza.

Quadratic

Nix that about the Miyamoto Mii. I was reading the streepass thread and apparently he's being sent out via spotpass. No idea what that means but I think I got some wrong info from EB (what's new).

Stet

Banned
hey guys i made toronto in sim city 4

j5XxRrDT481Jv.jpg

just kidding this city actually has subways

jfnFgRhwOYM3m.jpg

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This is why people run away from you.

Btw. What does a starting electrician make in TO nowadays?
Here are the wages in my union.

http://www.ibew353.org/newsletters/may2012wages.pdf

Since I have my license that means I'm at $38.44/hr plus everything else ($57.48/hr for the total package). We just signed a new agreement and we'll be getting a $4.10 raise to our total package over 3 years but we haven't decided how much of that goes to our take home pay and how much will go towards our benefits.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Here are the wages in my union.

http://www.ibew353.org/newsletters/may2012wages.pdf

Since I have my license that means I'm at $38.44/hr plus everything else ($57.48/hr for the total package). We just signed a new agreement and we'll be getting a $4.10 raise to our total package over 3 years but we haven't decided how much of that goes to our take home pay and how much will go towards our benefits.
Fuck I am in the wrong industry...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Fuck I am in the wrong industry...
I did most of my apprenticeship in a non-union company and the biggest reason I wanted to join the union (other than the pay raise) was the pension. IIRC I'll be getting roughly $150 a month when I retire for every full year worked (not counting time I'm laid off). I'm ~30 years from retirement so that means I'll get about $4.5K a month from my union pension, most likely less because there will be times I'm laid off. We can also start collection our pension at 62 if we choose if we work a total of 36 of the last 60 months leading up to our 62nd b-day. One foreman joked that he's considering retiring when he's 60 if he works 3 full years leading up to that and then living off of RRSPs until he's 62 when he'll start collecting his pension. Then 3 years later start collecting his CPP and OAS. :lol

he needs to ditch his brother. he's clearly in it only for himself. he also needs some new blood in his circle that has some common sense.

Sadly, i think this will be deny, deny, deny, deny. when in reality he needs help. he has never looked "right". he was into to it before he was mayor, and i think he is still going hard. someone needs to step up and do the right thing for Rob, not for his brother and buddies.

i think making this issue public might do some good for him.

Rob ditch Doug or vice-versa? Doug strikes me as the brighter bulb of the two.

I'll be honest, I really don't think it's good for him or the city to air all of his dirty laundry in public. It makes Toronto about him, and there is way too much at stake in this city to let him become the perennial story.

That's not to say the guy doesn't deserve to be hoisted on his own petard. Just that, in an ideal world, it wouldn't need to happen, because what's really going on in the city would be more newsworthy, and more important.

Willectro

Banned
Anyone notice those "Feed the homeless" people wearing neon yellow vests to collect change downtown? Not only sketchy, but annoying.

thabiz

Rob Ford aide’s unsolicited offer to school: $10,000 to start new football team

“I have the means of providing start-up funding up of to $10,000.00 for a team through the Rob Ford Football Foundation,” Fickel continued, “and have a vast amount of accredited coaches who would be interested in coaching. I understand that your school is prominently known as a rugby school, but a football program would be great for keeping the kids in shape during the fall as well as boosting school morale. I understand that a major roadblock for starting up a team these days is an inability to secure funding, but through funding from the Rob Ford Football Foundation you’d have a significant head start.”

thabiz

dont get vertigo. not afraid of heights. hell, i live 30 stories up. for some reason, those pictures really do my head in.

rinse82

So in about 3 days this city is going to start going bonkers.

But - what happens if after April the Jays are 10-20? Oh, the meltdowns that would happen.

Brinbe

So in about 3 days this city is going to start going bonkers.

But - what happens if after April the Jays are 10-20? Oh, the meltdowns that would happen.

Pfft, serves those people right! After how many decades of mediocrity, how can any serious Toronto sports fan reasonably expect them to actually live up to sky-high expectations?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
4-2-4 in their last 10 is "red hot" now?

They're doing pretty good, but let's not get silly here.

4-0-3 since their 5 game losing streak where they only picked up 2 points. So yeah they are getting a bit red hot.

Pfft, serves those people right! After how many decades of mediocrity, how can any serious Toronto sports fan reasonably expect them to actually live up to sky-high expectations?

I think Toronto is just conditioned now after so many years of failure to just doubt everything immediately.

Brinbe

4-0-3 since their 5 game losing streak where they only picked up 2 points. So yeah they are getting a bit red hot.

I think Toronto is just conditioned now after so many years of failure to just doubt everything immediately.

Exactly. We've been burned so many times already.

Though I think the Leafs are definitely for real (or at least a sure bet to make the playoffs), and that makes me pretty damn happy. Also, it doesn't really matter where we're seeded, because if we get really hot, we've got as good a chance as any to actually do something. At worst, hopefully, they'll win a series or two.

Top Bottom