• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quick

Banned
You should have been like "HA HA THAT'S HILARIOUS! GOOD THING YOU LOOKED AROUND TO MAKE SURE NONE O' THEM JUNGLE BUNNIES WAS AROUND, MISSY! THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN EMBARRASSING! THEY'D PROBABLY SHOOT YOU!"

"HEY, LOOK, IT'S A BLACK GUY! WATCH OUT!" Is what I should've shouted out randomly, now that I think about it.

Or point out that the guy who died was Asian and known to police, it's not like every racial group doesn't do stupid shit.......and Markham is a crime free zone

Yeah, that was brought up, too.

Maybe I should've said something, now that I think about it, but at the same time, it wasn't my business to listen. Not that they made any effort to have a quiet conversation. I don't know.

I don't usually take things too seriously, but it irks me to hear ignorant and racist remarks like that, as I'm sure a lot of people are too.

Sober

So, I was in Pacific Mall today, and I hear a discussion about the Yorkdale shooting between employees at this cellphone store (what else is there? lol).

"So, there was a shooting at Yorkdale."

"Really? Wow. It was probably a black guy that did it."

The conversation pauses and one of them looks around the area to make sure there weren't any black people around, then laughed.

It stunned me a bit because of how blatantly racist it was, and just how nonchalant she was when she said it.
As an Asian ... lots of Asian people do this, unfortunately.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So, I was in Pacific Mall today, and I hear a discussion about the Yorkdale shooting between employees at this cellphone store (what else is there? lol).

"So, there was a shooting at Yorkdale."

"Really? Wow. It was probably a black guy that did it."

The conversation pauses and one of them looks around the area to make sure there weren't any black people around, then laughed.

It stunned me a bit because of how blatantly racist it was, and just how nonchalant she was when she said it.
I didn't know my mom went to Pacifi....

Oh, carry on...

hWBxxPH.jpg

source

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Their website has all the info on it... :(

Spreading that Taro love. Doin' GODRI'S work.

We ended up at Gourmet Malaysia, which was pretty good. Best part was that some lady rented out half the restaurant to pitch a pyramid scheme to a bunch of middle aged and elderly people. It was quite the show.

Rinoa

Eh, as a member of #teamwinter I am exhausted. Spring needs to come already. I was about to leave my house with my bike, and the wind hit me. Now I am taking the TTC...ughhhh

Nice, team winter finally seeing the light. Wearing a winter coat and snow in April is NOPE. Possible flurries saturday too.

krae_man

Fan Expo tickets go on sale in 10 minutes. $50 for Saturday? It amazes me that a convention so crappy can be so expensive compared to PAX.

Want to overpay for Comic Books, Action figures and Video games? For the low low price of $50, you can have that opportunity at Fan Expo!

Roto13

Fan Expo tickets go on sale in 10 minutes. $50 for Saturday? It amazes me that a convention so crappy can be so expensive compared to PAX.

Want to overpay for Comic Books, Action figures and Video games? For the low low price of $50, you can have that opportunity at Fan Expo!

Yeah, I went for the first time last year, but I probably won't go again this year. It's not worth it.

Quick

Banned

I've been debating whether or not to go this year. $50 ticket price is leaning me to "No", but there are a number of people I know who want me to go.

I'm assuming the bump in price is because of the newly added sports section. And I can only imagine how much the athletes there will charge for autographs.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

50 dollars? Good lord that's a lot of money!

That said I haven't been to Fan Expo in probably 3 or 4 years. I remember going years ago when I could actually walk up to the front desk and buy my weekend pass on Friday.

I instead save my energy for TCAF. One of the classier conventions/festivals done all year.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

No thanks. I'll just throw my money off a balconey, less work.

krae_man

If there's a GAF meetup day, I'll go that day. Otherwise, I expect them to announce PS4's and 720's will be there only for them not to be. Gotta keep up that tradition.

Quick

Banned
If there's a GAF meetup day, I'll go that day. Otherwise, I expect them to announce PS4's and 720's will be there only for them not to be. Gotta keep up that tradition.

I remember looking forward to the Vita being there, only for them not to have it at all.

Though, they did have the Wii U last year. Maybe a change in trend?

krae_man

Only 4 of us showed up for the meetup last year. It was Quadratic, myself, and two others I forget. We can at least double that. And hopefully this time we won't spend an hour trying to find a resturant that's open.

Quick

Banned
Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Martin Brodeur, Joe Sakic, Hulk Hogan, and Ron Turcotte are going to be there, too. Good lineup of sports figures to start it off, I think.

In Comics, Stan Lee's coming back.

Roto13

My friend just offered to buy my ticket if I go with him. So I guess I'm going this year after all. :p

Probably no costume this year. Being Beast last year was fun and it turned out well but it's a lot of work.

Quadratic

Only 4 of us showed up for the meetup last year. It was Quadratic, myself, and two others I forget. We can at least double that. And hopefully this time we won't spend an hour trying to find a resturant that's open.

Insy was there as well. Forgot the last guy, but he was playing a PSP game in Japanese.

MPW

FIFTY BUCKS?
Fuck that noise.

Last time I went it was overcrowded and about a third of the vendors were locals.

this

last year was the first time i went to fan expo and i was not impressed

don't forget people almost killing each other for free batman t-shirt from eb lol

201341-goodlife.jpg

goodlife acquires extreme fitness

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fan Expo is terrible.

I went with the wife a few years ago and it was mixed with some horror bullshit.

Web walked through with nothing interesting to see and haven't been back since

krae_man

I remember going to FanExpo years ago, and it was nothing but just booths of people selling stuff. Has that changed?

Nope.

Oh wait, you can pay an insane amount of money for Amanda Tappings autograph now! Two insane amounts of money if you want a hoverhand photograph as well.

Brofield

Hey, for those who are posting skylines of Toronto, does anyone recall seeing an image of the top of the CN Tower and a few other buildings poking overtop a very thick cloudline? I meant to save it as a wallpaper for my laptop, but I can't seem to find the image again, and going through several pages since I first started lurking, even at 100 posts per page, is a bit daunting.

If anyone does remember it, can you post up the link for it?

Sober

Fan Expo didn't feel like it when I went like 3 or 4 years ago, and my friend "found" me a weekend pass to come join them too.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Nope.

Oh wait, you can pay an insane amount of money for Amanda Tappings autograph now! Two insane amounts of money if you want a hoverhand photograph as well.

How much is insane? I love Amanda Tapping.

Quadratic

I'm looking at ticket prices on the TIFF website... is "Student" college student pricing or is it something else?

Student pricing applies when you show current school ID. You should be good if you have your student card or possibly your university library card.

Roto13

this

last year was the first time i went to fan expo and i was not impressed

don't forget people almost killing each other for free batman t-shirt from eb lol

201341-goodlife.jpg

goodlife acquires extreme fitness

The homeless person out front is to be liquidated.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, for those who are posting skylines of Toronto, does anyone recall seeing an image of the top of the CN Tower and a few other buildings poking overtop a very thick cloudline? I meant to save it as a wallpaper for my laptop, but I can't seem to find the image again, and going through several pages since I first started lurking, even at 100 posts per page, is a bit daunting.

If anyone does remember it, can you post up the link for it?

Was it one of these two?

Oppo

A sports section at FanExpo?

Well now I'll never fucking go.

At least someone is thinking of the sports fans – 'cause there is no where else that one can go to watch and talk about hockey!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
A sports section at FanExpo?

Well now I'll never fucking go.

At least someone is thinking of the sports fans – 'cause there is no where else that one can go to watch and talk about hockey!

You sound mad.

Do you want to talk about it?

Top Bottom