• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quadratic

Generic Asian Hunter reporting for duty

Novice? Use the hammer....charge lvl 3 while dodging and attack with charge when monster open. Works on everything except those fuckface chickenshit water monsters. Worst. Design. Decison. Ever.

Evilmario?! Pfft! I'll hammer EM's shiny Canuck head! Oh, I went there, EM! I went there! ^_=

Alright! 2 generic asian guys. Anyone want to diversify this group up? I've been using the longsword up to this point and mixing in the dual blades for the fucking underwater monsters.

I just don't look at everything through rose-tinted glasses. I would rather assist people with a long term plan to possibly rehabilitate them instead of just giving them a crappy bed for the night. Check out a shelter one night and then tell me about empathy.

It starts with a bed and a meal. It continues with the social workers on staff, and progresses to social housing, GED classes/a job.

Solutions to dire circumstances don't happen in an all-or-nothing fashion; if you expect them to, they're destined to fail. Just as much as we can't spread ourselves financially thin by funding every rung of the quality-of-life ladder, we can't reasonably pull funding for shelter beds and just give it to social workers, either: it skips the first step where it gets the people under a roof where they can see what the next step is.

There has to be a balance.

ldo0Bm9.jpg

source

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
October of this year. We're a long way from release date, but I'm getting so hyped with every new announcement.

Great! I hope I have time to raise a team this time. I love every release, but lack of time to grind myself a good team with good IVs and whatnot winds up killing the meta game for me.

Rinoa

Weird that the King/John building turned into a Timmys. Also still not used to the fact that across the street now has a full ass building and not an open lot under constructionforever.

Now this is a cool photo. Makes Toronto look something out of an old BW movie.

Yeah looks like one of those old detective movies lol

Oppo

I just don't look at everything through rose-tinted glasses. I would rather assist people with a long term plan to possibly rehabilitate them instead of just giving them a crappy bed for the night. Check out a shelter one night and then tell me about empathy.

I used to work for the city's social housing program; believe me, I've seen them.

The problem with the "long term" view is that a large number of these people have some sort of mental issue. They literally can't "plan".

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've been playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on my 3DS and I wondered if any other TO Gaffers would consider meeting up for hunts once a month at a bar or coffee shop. I know Evilmario plays (open invitation), but I'm totally a novice in Monster Hunter so anyone else in the beginner level up for something like this? It's a good chance to socialize/drink and get phat loots.

Sure, I wouldn't mind meeting up for local hunting. I believe DoctorWho was trying to get into Monster Hunter as well, so maybe he'd like to come as well. I'm a 800 hour Tri vet, so I can teach you some tips and tricks.

Sure, I wouldn't mind meeting up for local hunting. I believe DoctorWho was trying to get into Monster Hunter as well, so maybe he'd like to come as well. I'm a 800 hour Tri vet, so I can teach you some tips and tricks.

I had the Wii U version, sold it, then received the Wii U version again for my birthday. Now I'm trying to get into it. Haven't had much time to play though.

No 3DS version, sorry.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Any TFC fans in here?

I was at the game on Saturday where they were losing 2-0 with only 10 minutes left.... then they scored 2 goals to tie it up! I am not used to that at all from TFC.

The 2nd goal was in the last minute as was one of the best goals I've ever seen at a TFC game... check it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGJRCd2NgdQ
My cousin's kid (turned 11 today) was one of the kids to walk out on the field with the team before the game. He had such a great time. He said the players had some "colourful" words to say about the temperature that day. :lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've had my 3DS for a few days now. Such an improvement over the DSi it's incredible.

Loving Luigi's Mansion but I think my next purchases will be Fire Emblem and possibly Monster Hunter Tri.

I've always wanted to try those Monster Hunter games but they were on Nintendo consoles.

Quadratic

I've had my 3DS for a few days now. Such an improvement over the DSi it's incredible.

Loving Luigi's Mansion but I think my next purchases will be Fire Emblem and possibly Monster Hunter Tri.

I've always wanted to try those Monster Hunter games but they were on Nintendo consoles.

I'm trying to get a local Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Co-Op hunting event going. Would you be interested in treking downtown for something like that? Kudo Madoshi will be an asshole and constantly interrupt your attacks.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

...they were on PSP and you could play the PSP version on PSV
I'm trying to get a local Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Co-Op hunting event going. Would you be interested in treking downtown for something like that? Kudo Madoshi will be an asshole and constantly interrupt your attacks.

I9gGW.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

If you don't mind having a complete novice then sure if I buy the game anytime soon. Frankly I'm not shocked that Kuro would resort to what seems to be thuggery.

...they were on PSP and you could play the PSP version on PSV

Man ain't nobody got time for PSP or PSV.

I ain't trying to buy that.

Sober

Yeah I noticed that too. Ubisoft Montreal to blame. Good thing Toronto has an Ubisoft studio to respond in kind?

Roto13

Speaking of Toronto and Video games, Toronto-developed Guacamelee is coming out on PSN today for PS3 and Vita. The reviews are really positive.

Speaking of Toronto and Video games, Toronto-developed Guacamelee is coming out on PSN today for PS3 and Vita. The reviews are really positive.

Fuck. I went with Wii + xbox360 for this generation. Every new PS3 game further cements my current view that I should have went wii + PS3. I even cancelled xbox live gold over 6 months ago. Oh well. Fool me once Microsoft...

Yeah I noticed that too. Ubisoft Montreal to blame. Good thing Toronto has an Ubisoft studio to respond in kind?

Well, didn't Ubisoft Montreal also develop Scott Pilgrim vs the World? That game was a pretty awesome showcase for Toronto in my opinion.

Roto13

Fuck. I went with Wii + xbox360 for this generation. Every new PS3 game further cements my current view that I should have went wii + PS3. I even cancelled xbox live gold over 6 months ago. Oh well. Fool me once Microsoft...

Evidence suggests that it will eventually get a Steam release, so there's that.

Evidence suggests that it will eventually get a Steam release, so there's that.

Fuck yes! I just started gaming on steam last month! I love it! I got like 40 games for 30 bucks or something... the deals are so ridiculous!

PS: If anyone that wants to add me on steam please do.. I don't play online multiplayer really but I like seeing what other people are playing:
Steam name: torontodowntown

Azih

Fuck yes! I just started gaming on steam last month! I love it! I got like 40 games for 30 bucks or something... the deals are so ridiculous!

PS: If anyone that wants to add me on steam please do.. I don't play online multiplayer really but I like seeing what other people are playing:
Steam name: torontodowntown

Last month? So you haven't even seen the holiday sales yet? The Summer Sale should blow your mind soon. Also the indie bundles.

Also that Blood Dragon guys stuff is hilarious. Not only blowing up Toronto but In the Near Future, at the end of the 20th century is an awesome tagline for a game releasing in 2013.

explodet

Wouldn't be the first time they nuked Toronto - it was the best part of the second Resident Evil movie.
Sure sure, they called it "Raccoon City", but the establishing shot couldn't have been more Toronto. Had the CN Tower and everything.

Top Bottom