• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

daemonic

Banned
What an embarrassment... are these people grown adults? We voted these fools into office?

The political landscape in Toronto has to change IMMEDIATELY. Get these clowns out of city hall.

It's astonishing anything gets done in this city given how these meetings go. Oh wait, nothing actually does.

Boogie

I know what you are saying but I do find it sort of funny how militant you are about this one point. Yes we use '905ers' and GTA somewhat incorrectly but no one is really confused about who we are referring to in the context of this discussion.

As a 905er, I know that I get somewhat annoyed when people on here blame "905ers" for Toronto's electoral fuck ups. :p

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What an embarrassment... are these people grown adults? We voted these fools into office?

The political landscape in Toronto has to change IMMEDIATELY. Get these clowns out of city hall.
Speak for yourself, Mike Del Grande won in my riding.

As a 905er, I know that I get somewhat annoyed when people on here blame "905ers" for Toronto's electoral fuck ups. :p
Yeah, I blame 647ers.

Fuzzy

How long until we run out of 3 digit area codes?
There are just over 300 in use in the US & Canada out of the possible just under 800 available (none can start with 0xx or 1xx) so we have a way to go.

Are you saying that as an endorsement or rejection or Mike Del Grande?
I can see how it can be taken either way and my new avatar may confuse the matter further and I like it that way. :lol

CTV News talkback Toronto actually had 2 of 3 callers say they wouldn't vote for Ford in a by-election

But the one who said she would vote for him says he has been given the dirty deal, has done stupid things like reading and driving, it's good that he supports his football club because teachers don't like/want to spend time with students after school or show support for education, and Miller was spend spend spend

Ford Nation ladies and gentlemen

cbox

Since we were just talking about rail transit to Pearson..

image1.jpg

Air-Rail Link, now rebranded the Union Pearson Express.

http://www.upexpress.com/en/

Did they mention what it's gonna cost perride? I live right by the airport and passed by the construction, I can take pics because it looks cool!

Fuzzy

Did they mention what it's gonna cost perride? I live right by the airport and passed by the construction, I can take pics because it looks cool!
How much will a trip on the Union Pearson Express cost?

As it’s still three years from launch, the fare for the Union Pearson Express has not yet been set. The service, however, will be priced competitively and offer value to its guests.
The question is competitively with what? Go Bus from Union to Pearson is $5.90 for a ticket or $5.46 with a Presto card. It'll be faster than the GO Bus so I'm not expecting it to be cheaper.

Why you gotta be like that, Fuzzy.
Because I'm awesome. Last year my foreman complained about his 647 number that he got in 2008 and got even more upset when I told him I got my 416 number in 2010. :lol

Willectro

Banned
If you want spotify, try Rdio. Its basically the same thing and in some ways better.

Ok, I retract my previous statements about Rdio. They have quite a few relatively new albums available. Did a bunch of comparisons between Rdio and Grooveshark (slightly different service models, I know) and Rdio seems to be much more organized and up to date. It will be a great tool to discover new (somewhat mainsteam) music. The sound quality seems decent, but for music in my regular rotation I will still acquire it from alternate sources (FLAC 4 LYF3). It's good for when I'm at work though. And the UI is perfect. Thanks for the suggestion.

Behaviour like that only makes him more popular with his base. He could pull down his pants and take a shit on Adam Vaughn's desk, and his approval rating would go up.

That's, sadly, the Toronto we live in.

Anyway, what bugs me the most about that article is that Ford was angrily protesting something and he didn't even know what it was. It had to be explained to him after he started yelling.

Awesome.

Plus, he thinks developers having to promise funding to improve the surrounding community is a "shakedown", but he still thinks seeking out "donations" using city letterhead is fine because "it's for the kids."

thabiz

Behaviour like that only makes him more popular with his base. He could pull down his pants and take a shit on Adam Vaughn's desk, and his approval rating would go up.

That's, sadly, the Toronto we live in.

Anyway, what bugs me the most about that article is that Ford was angrily protesting something and he didn't even know what it was. It had to be explained to him after he started yelling.

Awesome.

Plus, he thinks developers having to promise funding to improve the surrounding community is a "shakedown", but he still thinks seeking out "donations" using city letterhead is fine because "it's for the kids."

The funny thing is, is that he knows exactly what it is.

Ford, who has recently railed against Section 37 funds although they do not personally benefit a councillor and, as Ward 2 councillor, he himself used them to get a new dressing room for the school where he coaches football.

thabiz

Rob Ford then retreated to a railing away from council floor and stared at Vaughan while repeating “Liar, liar, liar.”

Vaughan ultimately won the vote 22-4, with only the Ford brothers, Frances Nunziata and Doug Holyday voting against it.

“You’re a liar — a liar, Adam Vaughan,” Ford yelled

“You’ll be out of office before the report comes back,” shot back Vaughan

a couple of new tidbits i found funny.

thabiz

I think what Doug Ford said the other day about being a "businessman, not a politician" and how "he hates politics and is only lending his time", spoke loud and clear what these two idiots have up their sleeves.

Quick

Banned
Because I'm awesome. Last year my foreman complained about his 647 number that he got in 2008 and got even more upset when I told him I got my 416 number in 2010. :lol

I like my 647 number. I got to pick the last 4 digits of my number.

However, I do admit that there is some novelty to having a 416 number.

Dear TO,

You are freezing today. Please stop.

Sincerely,
thabiz

That wind is brutal.

I had to be outside for about an hour today. GOD DAMN.

Co-signed,
Quick.

Hieberrr

I like my 647 number. I got to pick the last 4 digits of my number.

However, I do admit that there is some novelty to having a 416 number.

I had to be outside for about an hour today. GOD DAMN.

Co-signed,
Quick.

Triple that.

Regards,

Hieberrr.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dear TO,

You are freezing today. Please stop.

Sincerely,
thabiz

That wind is brutal.

My only problem is that I didn't expect it would be this cold all of a sudden. This is fine but not when I'm not prepared. I have a bald head!

Lustfully yours,
Kave

P.S. WinterGAF drools, SummerGAF rules.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Is anyone else sick from the sudden cold? Everyone I know and my whole office is dying..

We just had flu shots here so people are getting a bit sick from those it seems.

What I am not going to like is when in a few days the temperature shoots up to 11 and 13 then back down to the negatives again. Now that's how you get sick.

i-Lo

Here's a funny thought:

If some Torontonian gaffers are planning on buying XB3 or PS4 during midnight launch, perhaps these gaffers can choose a specific store and get together prior to the opening and have a fun time?

I have never done anything like this myself and I don't know which console I'd be prepared to buy day 1 but if some of the guys/gals are up for it, it may turn to be fun because of the company of each other.

Top Bottom