• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

jokkir

So I witnessed the SUV that got hit today by the Go Train.

I was on the bus right behind the SUV that got hit. There was a ton of traffic because of construction around the area so that only one lane was passing. Because of it, people were being impatient and then stopped on the train tracks.

I was thinking to myself that either someone is going to get hit or the bus driver will be stupid and will stop on the tracks and I'm screwed. Anyway, the crossing starts dinging and then the SUV starts panicking and honking like crazy. All I could do was just sit back and watch the train pass and hit the SUV. It got wrecked.

I have some photos too but not too great since the accident was in the other side of the tracks.

TsNrIEC.jpg
(I was on the very front bus right beside the tracks)
07wEjyc.jpg
Underview of the collision
ddTfsr4.jpg
Photo from CP24

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Christ. It does seem people are even more impatient lately. I saw 2 near accidents this week when cars making left turns had a bunch of cars follow them. 1 nearly got hit by the bus I was on and another nearly got hit by a car going straight.

ahdurian

same.

I almost got hit by a taxi today by Bathurst/King, because it didn't stop for the streetcar doors and was trying to beat a yellow light
What's worse, he had passengers with him too, so if he hit me or any of the pedestrians, oh god

same.

I almost got hit by a taxi today by Bathurst/King, because it didn't stop for the streetcar doors and was trying to beat a yellow light
What's worse, he had passengers with him too, so if he hit me or any of the pedestrians, oh god

Vehicles not stopping for street car doors seems to be an increasing problem lately. I was on a ride home and saw it happen two or three times.

same.

Huh, I also almost got hit by a taxi on Wednesday while getting on the streetcar at Yonge & King.

I dunno, it feels like drivers are actually somehow getting worse or are losing paitence more than usual now a days. Like I'm surprised no one has tried to just bolt through Yonge & Dundas during a pedestrian scramble

soultron

Banned
Reposting for all my 50PPP dawgs. (I promise I won't mention this again until we do our stream!)

Hey peeps! My place of employment is doing Extra Life 2015 this year, supporting Toronto Sick Kids! It's gonna be fun and tax-deductible. We're going to be doing a 24-hour stream in the coming weeks. I'll update if you guys want to watch us do stupid stuff and play games (even non-ubi ones!) when it happens.

If you want, you can donate to my page (funds from which also go to the Ubisoft Toronto combined team page) because helping kids is cool.

Also, just so you don't think I'm a complete shill (!!), I have one (1) Rainbow 6 Seige beta code (works for any platform) I want to give to someone in this thread -- you don't have to donate to the Extra Life thing above, don't worry. Just PM me if you're interested in the beta code and I'll use a RNG to decide the winner. (Winner will be decided tomorrow night at 11:59 PM) If you don't post in this thread, don't try it. This is for people in TO-GAF only.
Tabris can participate too though.

On the topic of the Burger Priest, when I first went there (last week), the High Priest I got was absolutely divine. The sauce was delicious, the buns were good and the most important part, the burger itself was great.

Now I went again and ordered The Tower of Babel thinking that if The High Priest was this good, it can only get better from here.

It didn't.

This mix of cheese, burger patty and cheese and more cheese was absolutely daunting to eat at first but I soon figured out.

Now I bit in expecting something great. Instead I got a burger where all I tasted was cheese. I bit here, cheese. I bit there, cheese. Cheese, cheese, everywhere. Now cheese is great and all but I buy a burger to eat the actual burger, not for the cheese. Cheese is a topping, not the entire sandwich.

To top it off, unlike The High Priest, it did not come with any special sauce to offset the strong flavours of cheese, cheese and more cheese. All I tasted was cheese.

At $20, I would not recommend this. If you're some sort of weirdo who only eats cheese, this burger is for you. Otherwise, you're not missing anything not getting this expensive tasteless burger. Can't say I wasn't full, though.

So far Burger Priest is 1 for 2...
I'm drunk right now so forgive me but am I right in reading you paid $20 for that burger?

If anyone's interested, the TFC match tomorrow is so incredibly cheap on stubhub right now. Everyone is going to the 1pm Jays game, and TFC plays at 2. Tickets for good spots at like $12 or $15 per seat, and they're playing lowly Chicago.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
This is what we're looking like for the meetup right now. 2nd is by far the most popular. I know krae would prefer Saturday the 3rd. Any people that can make the 2nd, but not the 3rd?

17HuLeG.png

dluu13

This is what we're looking like for the meetup right now. 2nd is by far the most popular. I know krae would prefer Saturday the 3rd. Any people that can make the 2nd, but not the 3rd?

17HuLeG.png

I might be one of those people that can't make the third. I have a friend who is visiting me that day. Or maybe I can bring him along...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
McDonalds.

You'll get better moneys worth than that pretentious shit you spent $20 on. Burger Priest is officially on my shit list.

You want a real burger? Go to Zets beside pearson airport.
They have more moderately priced burgers...

Edit: and nobody gonna go to goddamn Pearson for a burger...! D:
Have a wedding this weekend, won't be able to make meetup. :|
Good thi...

It's a good thing we're thinking the 2nd, or 3rd of October and not this weekend. :p
If he didn't catch my hint with buisoft and seige...
Do we have a place in mind yet?

They have more moderately priced burgers...

Edit: and nobody gonna go to goddamn Pearson for a burger...! D:
Real men with chest hair and beards know there is no distance too great, no obstacle too high to get to a good burger. Anyone who wants to come to Zets for a great burger let me know - its on me! You'll have to pay since I'm a little short on cash right now but I will pay you back.

N° 2048

Real men with chest hair and beards know there is no distance too great, no obstacle too high to get to a good burger. Anyone who wants to come to Zets for a great burger let me know - its on me! You'll have to pay since I'm a little short on cash right now but I will pay you back.

This guy rofl

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Dude I heard you on FAN590 10 minutes ago arguing that Navarro is a better catcher than Martin.

You have a strong, deep voice man. :3

Kraftwerk

Ugh.... My luck just keep getting worse.

My 4 year old cat ran away. Looked all around for him. Saw him once near the house, but couldn't get to him.

Worst feeling. I just hope that he survives, even if he doesn't come back. Pray for him friends 😢

zroid

Banned
Dude I heard you on FAN590 10 minutes ago arguing that Navarro is a better catcher than Martin.

You have a strong, deep voice man. :3
LOL I just heard that

JAYS TALK IS SO GOOD

oh by the way it turns out they officially are in the playoffs as of now. the magic number lies, because it doesn't account for a scheduling quirk which guarantees it.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member

I can make the 2nd or the 3rd. Can't do the 9th though. That's my birthday and I've already got other plans for that night.

ahdurian

Ugh.... My luck just keep getting worse.

My 4 year old cat ran away. Looked all around for him. Saw him once near the house, but couldn't get to him.

Worst feeling. I just hope that he survives, even if he doesn't come back. Pray for him friends ��

if anything, file a report
or check the r/Toronto? the random times i go there i see people finding pets

oh by the way it turns out they officially are in the playoffs as of now. the magic number lies, because it doesn't account for a scheduling quirk which guarantees it.
I thought the magic number was to clinch first place?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I thought the magic number was to clinch first place?
That number is down to 6 (163 - 88 (Jays' wins) - 69 (Yankees' loses)). He's talking about clinching one of the wild cards. The magic number for that is still technically 1 but because of the schedule for the teams still in the hunt playing each other it means the Jays have already clinched at least a wild card position.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That number is down to 6 (163 - 88 (Jays' wins) - 69 (Yankees' loses)). He's talking about clinching one of the wild cards. The magic number for that is still technically 1 but because of the schedule for the teams still in the hunt playing each other it means the Jays have already clinched at least a wild card position.

Yup. Jays are in the pla...yo...ffs...?

What is this word?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Making the playoffs in the NBA is barely an achievement, with over half the league making it in. Not to mention the Eastern Conference. Just making it into the playoffs in MLB is a much greater act, although the new 'wild card' taints it a bit.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Making the playoffs in the NBA is barely an achievement, with over half the league making it in. Not to mention the Eastern Conference. Just making it into the playoffs in MLB is a much greater act, although the new 'wild card' taints it a bit.
People said the same thing when they went from two divisions winners per league to 3 divisions winners + 1 wild card team per league.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
People said the same thing when they went from two divisions winners per league to 3 divisions winners + 1 wild card team per league.

I think a one game elimination is way worse, especially when it's still considered making the playoffs. Obviously from a marketing stand point, the longer you can keep more teams relevant every season, the better, but it dilutes the sort of excitement you got from a traditional pennant race. At least for me.

That includes having a wild card in general too. Given recent revenue growth in MLB, expand to 32 teams, four team divisions. You still only have 8 total teams making the playoffs, but I think the format would be better. I mean, having wild cards in a sport with such an uneven schedule doesn't really make sense, does it?

zroid

Banned
I think a one game elimination is way worse, especially when it's still considered making the playoffs. Obviously from a marketing stand point, the longer you can keep more teams relevant every season, the better, but it dilutes the sort of excitement you got from a traditional pennant race. At least for me.

That includes having a wild card in general too. Given recent revenue growth in MLB, expand to 32 teams, four team divisions. You still only have 8 total teams making the playoffs, but I think the format would be better. I mean, having wild cards in a sport with such an uneven schedule doesn't really make sense, does it?

I had said earlier: when you're a marginal team that 2nd wild card feels like a glimmer of hope where there might be none. When you're a team contending for a divisional title, the 2nd wild card is a source of despair.

Basically what I'm saying is, prior to this year, it felt like a great idea to me. Now I hate it, ha.

Also MLB should nuke the uneven schedules. It's massively boring to play so many games against the same four opponents every year.

krae_man

You play your own division most in every league. It just feels worse on MLB since there is twice(or 10 times) as many games.

Does that extra 8% of the schedule being divisional really that much more?

It improves your chances of making/missing the playoffs. Unlike say the NHL which has the lowest divisional percentage and you get fucked over by OT points you have no control over. You could be down by 6 points(3 games) and be fucked with over a month to go.

zroid

Banned
You play your own division most in every league. It just feels worse on MLB since there is twice(or 10 times) as many games.

Does that extra 8% of the schedule being divisional really that much more?

It improves your chances of making/missing the playoffs. Unlike say the NHL which has the lowest divisional percentage and you get fucked over by OT points you have no control over. You could be down by 6 points(3 games) and be fucked with over a month to go.

Yes, it matters. You're forgetting that MLB divisions have 5 teams, while NHL divisons have 7 or 8 teams. And in MLB you still play about 10% more games only against those 4 other teams compared with 6 or 7 other teams. It sucks.

Top Bottom