• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Sober

Fanboys on both sides are terrible.

I'm maybe at best a power user so I sorta like android as it is over some of the things you need to do with iOS but honestly sometimes I feel like having an iphone wouldn't be such a huge change overall anyway.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
To the four people who can't make any of the days proposed for the meetup.. are Friday / Saturdays just not good for you? It's likely we'll have a November one as well if you can't make this one.

Where's the best place to get a computer desk and chair? These queen street shop prices are astronomical.

How cheap are we talking? Clearance stuff at places like Staples can be okay, but it's hit, or miss given what they have on sale. Costco stuff seems fairly reliable? If you want dirt cheap, thrift shops often have some in.

You can always search around for office supplies being resold. Places like that seem to advertise on Kijiji and such.

I mean $1000 for an Aeron is a bit much but you can get a lightly used one at a discount.

krae_man

To the four people who can't make any of the days proposed for the meetup.. are Friday / Saturdays just not good for you? It's likely we'll have a November one as well if you can't make this one.

How cheap are we talking? Clearance stuff at places like Staples can be okay, but it's hit, or miss given what they have on sale. Costco stuff seems fairly reliable? If you want dirt cheap, thrift shops often have some in.

Where did you post the proposed meetup days? I missed it and can't find the post.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Welcome.

You will be elitist in no time. Android users will try to look down on you but it's only because they are jealous.

hug17.gif

One of my friends saw that I got an iPhone 5S when it came out, and he immediately went anti-Apple on me and said that my phone was expensive paperweight. I don't understand the comparison since my phone was fully functional.

I have zero brand loyalty I just go to what is cheaper and does what I want it to do.

My Note 2 after 3 years or so is crapping out on me something fierce so I need a change.

Quick

Banned
I have zero brand loyalty I just go to what is cheaper and does what I want it to do.

My Note 2 after 3 years or so is crapping out on me something fierce so I need a change.

Admittedly, I have some brand loyalty to Apple, since I like the user experience (it certainly can be better).

But I'm not a dick to Android phone users.

I actually thought about getting a Note 2 back in the day. I liked the stylus and larger screen.

Kraftwerk

Want to get chair and table for 500 to 600.

Fanboys on both sides are terrible.

I'm maybe at best a power user so I sorta like android as it is over some of the things you need to do with iOS but honestly sometimes I feel like having an iphone wouldn't be such a huge change overall anyway.

My wife has an iPhone and I have a Google Nexus. They both browse the internet, download apps, text, take photos and make phone calls. They are both fast as Hell. The only negative I can think of is that the Apple one was double the price. Besides that though it's basically the same thing in terms of functionality. These things are so similar that I can't believe that idiots argue about it!

Sober

My wife has an iPhone and I have a Google Nexus. They both browse the internet, download apps, text, take photos and make phone calls. They are both fast as Hell. The only negative I can think of is that the Apple one was double the price. Besides that though it's basically the same thing in terms of functionality. These things are so similar that I can't believe that idiots argue about it!
I had and have been considering an iPhone for a while but when I think about it I'm honestly not invested in either app catalogue/environment for either iOS or Android. I just mostly treat a smartphone as a cell phone that can browse the internet more effectively and maybe has some more tools than you would from a regular handset (maps, gps, other usual apps you can find in either iOS or Android anyway).

I also have to assume Android has gotten so easy to use these days it's not really a factor in recommending that or the iPhone to someone who has little or no experience with technology anymore either. (e.g. my mom). I think it's just simpler to recommend an iPhone because there's just the iPhone over the different hundreds of Android phones that come out every quarter.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

This. Phones are basically identical now. People get waaaay too passionate over minute little features.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We have only Android devices at home (as I type on my iMac at working, testing on iOS devices..), but we're considering an iOS device (probably an iPad) next year when we get a technology voucher from work for such purposes. I definitely prefer Android, but there's a lot of content that's still iOS only. I wouldn't be surprised if the DeNA/Nintendo stuff coming soon was iOS only first.

I've no brand loyalty to phones though. It seems weird to have.

Where did you post the proposed meetup days? I missed it and can't find the post.

Poll in this post.

krae_man

We have only Android devices at home (as I type on my iMac at working, testing on iOS devices..), but we're considering an iOS device (probably an iPad) next year when we get a technology voucher from work for such purposes. I definitely prefer Android, but there's a lot of content that's still iOS only. I wouldn't be surprised if the DeNA/Nintendo stuff coming soon was iOS only first.

I've no brand loyalty to phones though. It seems weird to have.

Poll in this post.

File not found.

I was with Windows Phone for a good 3 years, but the lack of everything on it caused me to switch to Android. It's not bad, but I miss the sleek WP interface.

soultron

Banned
Hey peeps! My place of employment is doing Extra Life 2015 this year, supporting Toronto Sick Kids! It's gonna be fun and tax-deductible. We're going to be doing a 24-hour stream in the coming weeks. I'll update if you guys want to watch us do stupid stuff and play games (even non-ubi ones!) when it happens.

If you want, you can donate to my page (funds from which also go to the Ubisoft Toronto combined team page) because helping kids is cool.

Also, just so you don't think I'm a complete shill (!!), I have one (1) Rainbow 6 Seige beta code (works for any platform) I want to give to someone in this thread -- you don't have to donate to the Extra Life thing above, don't worry. Just PM me if you're interested in the beta code and I'll use a RNG to decide the winner. (Winner will be decided tomorrow night at 11:59 PM) If you don't post in this thread, don't try it. This is for people in TO-GAF only.
Tabris can participate too though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey peeps! My place of employment is doing Extra Life 2015 this year, supporting Toronto Sick Kids! It's gonna be fun and tax-deductible. We're going to be doing a 24-hour stream in the coming weeks. I'll update if you guys want to watch us do stupid stuff and play games (even non-ubi ones!) when it happens.

If you want, you can donate to my page (funds from which also go to the Ubisoft Toronto combined team page) because helping kids is cool.

Also, just so you don't think I'm a complete shill (!!), I have a Rainbow 6 Seige beta code (works for any platform) I want to give to someone in this thread -- you don't have to donate to the Extra Life thing above, don't worry. Just PM me and I'll use a RNG for it. (Winner will be decided tomorrow night at 11:59 PM) If you don't post in this thread, don't try it. This is for people in TO-GAF only.
Tabris can participate too though.
Do you work for buisoft? Never heard of rainbow 6 Seige before...

You gonna be on the stream?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hah. I try to keep where I work "private" on GAF. Only TO-GAF really knows my secrets.

I will be on the stream, yes. I am tempted to wear my NEOGAF NEOGEO-style shirt.
I'm not sure now if you're trolling me or if I'm trolling you...? D:

I'd donate but I haven't decided what I want you to do yet. Something burger related or ramen related...

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
After many years I think I'm finally going to head over to the dark side and get an Apple phone.

Because I am clearly a virile, tough and strong man I will try to get the iphone 6S PLUS! To truly show how much I am overcompensating.

I'm coming from a Note 2 so the size doesn't bother me.

Welcome to the iPhone family.

Edit: I missed the survey too! Putting in my vote. I'm out of town Oct 2-3rd.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Rob Ford has dropped a bunch of weight and is back on track. He's totally gonna win the next mayor election. There was a good interview on Humble & Fred yesterday with Ford, he is open about everything that happened, doesn't dodge any questions.

Everyone who hates Ford, fear will set in....

Listen here...

http://humbleandfredradio.com/
Toronto will have the option for ranked ballots next election which would theoretically make it harder for crazies to win and give moderates more of a chance. Hopefully Toronto does decide to use it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I would eat raw mr. noodles (see: trash) in the background.

OK how bout this, eat raw mr. noodles and gives TO gaf a shout out?

Deal? I'm hovering over the donate button as we speak...!

And if you act now, I won't even include a talk shit about Kave_man and Kraftwerk deal!

soultron

Banned
OK how bout this, eat raw mr. noodles and gives TO gaf a shout out?

Deal? I'm hovering over the donate button as we speak...!

And if you act now, I won't even include a talk shit about Kave_man and Kraftwerk deal!

Hah. I'll do what I can. No promises. You don't have to donate.
DO IT FOR THE KIDS!

Some people give me shifty eyes when I wear my GAF shirt around here.

Fuzzy

Hah. I'll do what I can. No promises. You don't have to donate.
DO IT FOR THE KIDS!

Some people give me shifty eyes when I wear my GAF shirt around here.
Are you sure it's not that they don't like you and it's a coincidence you only notice when you're wearing a GAF shirt?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Are you sure it's not that they don't like you and it's a coincidence you only notice when you're wearing a GAF shirt?

Fucking dammit, Fuzzy...

I was about to tell him the shifty eyes weren't due to the shirt...

Oh well, I put it in my pledge.

I DEMAND SATISFACTION, SOULTRON!

Fuzzy

Fucking dammit, Fuzzy...

I was about to tell him the shifty eyes weren't due to the shirt...

Oh well, I put it in my pledge.

I DEMAND SATISFACTION, SOULTRON!
I wouldn't have had to ask you that question because it's obvious people don't like you.

cocopuffs

Banned
On the topic of the Burger Priest, when I first went there (last week), the High Priest I got was absolutely divine. The sauce was delicious, the buns were good and the most important part, the burger itself was great.

Now I went again and ordered The Tower of Babel thinking that if The High Priest was this good, it can only get better from here.

It didn't.

This mix of cheese, burger patty and cheese and more cheese was absolutely daunting to eat at first but I soon figured out.

Now I bit in expecting something great. Instead I got a burger where all I tasted was cheese. I bit here, cheese. I bit there, cheese. Cheese, cheese, everywhere. Now cheese is great and all but I buy a burger to eat the actual burger, not for the cheese. Cheese is a topping, not the entire sandwich.

To top it off, unlike The High Priest, it did not come with any special sauce to offset the strong flavours of cheese, cheese and more cheese. All I tasted was cheese.

At $20, I would not recommend this. If you're some sort of weirdo who only eats cheese, this burger is for you. Otherwise, you're not missing anything not getting this expensive tasteless burger. Can't say I wasn't full, though.

So far Burger Priest is 1 for 2...

Checked out Bake Code in North York while I was viewing condos. The Earl Grey flute bread thing is pretty good. Some unique pastries there. Would go again. Wish they had some good coffee/espresso and teas instead of Chatime though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Haha it will be PG so I don't know if we can say the H word!

Thanks for the donation, Kuro! SickKids will appreciate it!
D'OH!
On the topic of the Burger Priest, when I first went there (last week), the High Priest I got was absolutely divine. The sauce was delicious, the buns were good and the most important part, the burger itself was great.

Now I went again and ordered The Tower of Babel thinking that if The High Priest was this good, it can only get better from here.

It didn't.

This mix of cheese, burger patty and cheese and more cheese was absolutely daunting to eat at first but I soon figured out.

Now I bit in expecting something great. Instead I got a burger where all I tasted was cheese. I bit here, cheese. I bit there, cheese. Cheese, cheese, everywhere. Now cheese is great and all but I buy a burger to eat the actual burger, not for the cheese. Cheese is a topping, not the entire sandwich.

To top it off, unlike The High Priest, it did not come with any special sauce to offset the strong flavours of cheese, cheese and more cheese. All I tasted was cheese.

At $20, I would not recommend this. If you're some sort of weirdo who only eats cheese, this burger is for you. Otherwise, you're not missing anything not getting this expensive tasteless burger. Can't say I wasn't full, though.

So far Burger Priest is 1 for 2...
Really, I just stick with the double cheese burger. I'm not sure if there was blue cheese on yours,.,just avoid it :(

Top Bottom