• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Guys...

I am about to get my knee drained for fluids due to last weeks accident.

Should be fun.
Jeez dude I thought it was just the choppers? :/. Hope you feel better soon.

only I may kill you :)
Best of luck :)

In a not-at-all-related question, what are the best burger places in town? Haven't tried Johnny's hamburgers yet.
Burger's Priest (shut up, EM)
Holy Chuck (shut UP, EM)
Big Moe's (I'll take the criticism for this)

The burger at Allen's seems to garner rave reviews for some reason though I've had it and it wasn't that great.

My cousin really likes the burger at Bier Markt.

Evilmario likes Big Smoke Burger (for some reason).

Don't be fooled by Hero Burger.

McDs is really bad
BK is bad but better
Wendy's is the best of the fast food chains for me.

P&L burger won the best of awhile back but it was ok. Not as good as BP imo.

You can try Rude Boy and Stockyards as well but I haven't been to either yet. I've read and heard they're good especially Stockyards

You're late to the party though. We've moved on to Ramen Battle

Sansotei vs Kinton vs Momofuku vs Kenzo vs Santouka vs Touhenboku vs Raijin vs Ajisen

Jeez dude I thought it was just the choppers? :/. Hope you feel better soon.

only I may kill you :)

Burger's Priest (shut up, EM)
Holy Chuck (shut UP, EM)
Big Moe's (I'll take the criticism for this)

The burger at Allen's seems to garner rave reviews for some reason though I've had it and it wasn't that great.

My cousin really likes the burger at Bier Markt.

Don't be fooled by Hero Burger.

McDs is really bad
BK is bad but better
Wendy's is the best of the fast food chains for me.

You can try Rude Boy and Stockyards as well but I haven't been to either yet. I've read and heard they're good especially Stockyards

You're late to the party though. We've moved on to Ramen Battle

Sansotei vs Kinton vs Momofuku vs Kenzo vs Santouka vs Touhenboku vs Raijin vs Ajisen
Wendy's and A&W definitely make the best fast food beef burgers for regular fast food prices. Which obv doesn't include burgers priest and whatnot.

Wendy's and A&W definitely make the best fast food beef burgers for regular fast food prices. Which obv doesn't include burgers priest and whatnot.

I'll second this. If I just need big fat calories in me for whatever reason and there are only the big chain franchise whatever places around I tend to default to Wendy's > A&W > Harveys > Starvation > Deluding Myself Into Thinking I'm Not Hungry > McDonald's

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wendy's cheap menu items trump McDonald's value menu so hard. The price is nearly identical and the quality of food I feel I get at Wendy's is so much better. I just wish there were more locations around. Why couldn't it have been Wendy's that expanded so much and not shitty Hero Burger? I guess most people have forgotten Five Guys is a thing for fast burgers now. It's way too expensive and they try to overload you with cheap fries to make up for their shortcomings.

Holy Chuck (shut UP, EM)

Hey, I got nothing against Holy Chuck.

wat. When have I ever triumphed Big Smoke? It's an okay, slightly above fast food burger that is over priced. I believe you're thinking about Burger Shoppe on the east end (not the Queen and Spadina location, pls). I haven't been there in literally years though, if that tells you what I think about going out of the way for it. Of course, I haven't been to Reliable over there either.. :(

I really like the burgers and fries at P&L, I think it's way better than BP for me, but the couple times I've been in the place, the service is shit. We get this catered for lunch at work sometimes and I look forward to it. I guess I'd say it's my go to burger place if I had to recommend one?

Ajisen > Touhenboku for the bottom. Sansotei (Yonge St location) over all.

ahdurian

Guys...

I am about to get my knee drained for fluids due to last weeks accident.

Should be fun.

good luck man!!

Also, I really want ramen now thanks to you asshats
maybe I'll go to Kinton for lunch tomorrow/.....
though, tomorrow is jerk chicken/Caribbean day at Marcello's and I do like their jerk chicken...
UGH I CAN'T DECIDE

zroid

Banned
On Saturday I went to this Fish & Chips place in Montreal called "Brit & Chips"; it was amazing, way better than any Fish & Chips I've had in Toronto, and I'm a big Olde Yorke fan. I had the Salmon in Guinness batter, soooo gooood.

Going to try and get tickets for this game. Got my account ready. Haven't used ticketmaster in a decade lol

Season ticket holders already selling playoff tickets for at least 3x face value. 500 level tickets selling for $150 each. :/

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/10004F2EE73D9690

Tough part is trying to figure out which of these will be night games. I am not sure my friend can get off work for a single day game.

At least with the WS it would be easy and I would be willing to drop the cash for a strip.

Edit: Looking at how this works, if the Jays win the division, they will most likely get saddled with an afternoon (hopefully late afternoon game) either if they win with the best record overall or just win the East. That's due to the fact that KC is in a different time zone. They will most likely get a 8pm local start time.

Fuck it. I am going to buy anyways and just sell them if I can't make it. I will get my money back.

Tough part is trying to figure out which of these will be night games. I am not sure my friend can get off work for a single day game.

At least with the WS it would be easy and I would be willing to drop the cash for a strip.

Edit: Looking at how this works, if the Jays win the division, they will most likely get saddled with an afternoon (hopefully late afternoon game) either if they win with the best record overall or just win the East. That's due to the fact that KC is in a different time zone. They will most likely get a 8pm local start time.

Fuck it. I am going to buy anyways and just sell them if I can't make it. I will get my money back.
It sucks not knowing what time the games will be at. Didn't think of the possibility of afternoon games. Still going to try and buy. Thinking everything will be sold out within 30 minutes. There is already a waiting queue trying to access the bluejays my account page because "a high number of people are viewing the website."

This may be a clusterfuck...

For those buying remember to add payment info to your account prior for faster checkout!

It sucks not knowing what time the games will be at. Didn't think of the possibility of afternoon games. Still going to try and buy. Thinking everything will be sold out within 30 minutes. There is already a waiting queue trying to access the bluejays my account page because "a high number of people are viewing the website."

This may be a clusterfuck...

For those buying remember to add payment info to your account prior for faster checkout!

I have my ticketmaster account setup. Do I need a mybluejays account as well?

Edit: look like mybluejays is for Season ticket holders right now. It's opening up to everyone else in 2016.

Edit 2: Game 2 is on a Friday. That will be a lot more doable for me. I think I will go for that. The rush will be for Game 1. Hope it works out.

I have my ticketmaster account setup. Do I need a mybluejays account as well?

Edit: look like mybluejays is for Season ticket holders right now. It's opening up to everyone else in 2016.
Yeah don't think you need a jays account just for season ticket holders. Got confused a little. Just Ticketmaster.

I really don't know what game of the ALDS I should go for. Game 1 seems like it'd be the most hype. The first playoff game in 22 years opening a series at home. Roof will be blown off.

Yeah don't think you need a jays account just for season ticket holders. Got confused a little. Just Ticketmaster.

I really don't know what game of the ALDS I should go for. Game 1 seems like it'd be the most hype. The first playoff game in 22 years opening a series at home. Roof will be blown off.

Agreed. Game 1 will be the game. But scheduling may work out better for me on Game 2 and the immediate push in those first few minutes will probably be for Game 1 since it's the first playoff game in 22 years.

I will just be happy to make it to my first playoff game since I couldn't go as a kid.

yyzjohn

Banned
Rob Ford has dropped a bunch of weight and is back on track. He's totally gonna win the next mayor election. There was a good interview on Humble & Fred yesterday with Ford, he is open about everything that happened, doesn't dodge any questions.

Everyone who hates Ford, fear will set in....

Listen here...

http://humbleandfredradio.com/

Agreed. Game 1 will be the game. But scheduling may work out better for me on Game 2 and the immediate push in those first few minutes will probably be for Game 1 since it's the first playoff game in 22 years.

I will just be happy to make it to my first playoff game since I couldn't go as a kid.
What seats you going for? I don't want to search for best available in the chance I get like $500 tickets that pop up. I don't know what seats to search for. Everyone will go for first/third base line 100 level. May just go for 100 level outfield.

What seats you going for? I don't want to search for best available in the chance I get like $500 tickets that pop up. I don't know what seats to search for. Everyone will go for first/third base line 100 level. May just go for 100 level outfield.

Probably 200 level outfield. I have had great seats there in the past that are pretty close to first and third base. I am a big fan of 200 level.

P&L burger best burger brehs. Also agree with EvilMario that service there is absolute shit. Seems like the cashier that works there doesn't even want my business, lol. I would actually feel like I'm getting better service if she got replaced by an iPad.

For ramen, Santouka is king. Honestly think Momofuku ramen is shit tier. I feel bad when people come from out of town all hyped for Momofuku and plunk down $15 for a bowl of faux-ramen that doesn't taste all that good.

All sold out apparently. :/

Jesus that was fast.

According to randoms on twitter they are sold out.

Was probably like 500 tickets available per game. Season ticket and flex pack holders hoarded them all.

Mine finally came up sold out.

It told me tickets were still available for game 5. Trying again. It's frustrating because I was less than 1 minute when I first got on.

Home game 3
Sucks for you since we gonna sweep.

giphy.gif

Second hand prices for ALDS Game 1 already up to ~$250 for 500 level.
People are assholes. Brother just told me he got 2 500 level tickets for game 2 and already on stubhub. I actually wanted to go to the game.

Also fuck those captchas.

Just got a popup saying people are releasing tickets and to keep trying to search for best available. :/ Guess I will keep trying. Nothing better to do.

I heard on twitter that the ticketmaster app seems to work a lot better than the site

I can't seem to get the app to work at all.

Edit: damn, it wasn't working on my work nextwork. Now I wonder if I didn't get tickets because I was trying from work. :( LTE works fine.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
After many years I think I'm finally going to head over to the dark side and get an Apple phone.

Because I am clearly a virile, tough and strong man I will try to get the iphone 6S PLUS! To truly show how much I am overcompensating.

I'm coming from a Note 2 so the size doesn't bother me.

After many years I think I'm finally going to head over to the dark side and get an Apple phone.

Because I am clearly a virile, tough and strong man I will try to get the iphone 6S PLUS! To truly show how much I am overcompensating.

Welcome.

You will be elitist in no time. Android users will try to look down on you but it's only because they are jealous.

Quick

Banned

Welcome.

You will be elitist in no time. Android users will try to look down on you but it's only because they are jealous.

hug17.gif

One of my friends saw that I got an iPhone 5S when it came out, and he immediately went anti-Apple on me and said that my phone was expensive paperweight. I don't understand the comparison since my phone was fully functional.

Top Bottom