• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

N° 2048

48oyIgx.jpg

Honestly though, it actually might be the only choice to go back for a couple weeks.

Only place I know is this http://www.yelp.com/biz/plaza-latina-toronto

Plaza latina is awesome. It feels just like Latin America right down to the dirty tables, sticky floors, and garbage eating bumble cocksuckers flying all around you while you dine. 10/10 would recommend.

In all honesty it is a bit grimey but it is a great gem we have in the city.

el asador in koreatown is still the best taco joint in the city
What do Koreans know about tacos?

But yes it is one of the best second only to Taco Bell.

Done trolling for today posting too much I heart spoiler tags gonna go get a life aka play video games.

Quadratic

I love El Asador as well. Does anyone know when their 2nd location is scheduled to open? They've been hinting at it for a long time because they have very limited seating.

That's part of the charm. I love those dudes.

In other news, ranked balloting is dead again thanks to a piece of shit junior councilor from Etobicoke!

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...uncil-reverses-position-on-ranked-ballot.html

Making fun of Scarborough is so 2014, now we can go back to blaming Etobicoke for holding back progress again.

At this point can we just remove Scarborough and Etobicoke from the city. Fuck bullshit like this. It always seems to be some shit from either Scarborough or Etobicoke.

Azih

'Ranked' ballot death is disheartening as it shows how hard it is to get reform done.

But the system they were/are thinking of switching to is shit. Changes nothing.

Stet

Banned
At the very least, if council has voted on an issue once, voting to repeal should need 2/3rds majority to pass. Such a waste of time.

I think you mean the "best" taco joint in the city.

best, most authentic, most value, least pretentious...all of them apply!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Making fun of Scarborough is so 2014, now we can go back to blaming Etobicoke for holding back progress again.

At this point can we just remove Scarborough and Etobicoke from the city. Fuck bullshit like this. It always seems to be some shit from either Scarborough or Etobicoke.

No, Scarborough is pretty cool now. You can test drive a Tesla there now! Plus I discovered Diana's seafood there which is the best place in the city to get fresh seafood :p

At the very least, if council has voted on an issue once, voting to repeal should need 2/3rds majority to pass. Such a waste of time.

best, most authentic, most value, least pretentious...all of them apply!

Isn't this vote just asking the province to not implement ranked ballots? The decision to allow it is up to the province, and if passed, the city would have to vote again whether to implement it wouldn't they? Would that not be a separate vote from this one?

Azih

The worst thing in there is that it requires a public referendum to switch to 'ranked ballots'. Throwing a reform to a public referendum is basically a democratic seeming way to kill it dead.

The more likely way to do it would be for a future council vote to pass a law that gets rid of this law and then another vote to actually implement the change.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just remembered - someone here was looking for a maker space a while ago to be able to have access to tools and other hardware... did that pan out?

zroid

Banned
Is Diana's that great? I went there once on a whim while driving by and bought some oysters. Maybe I should go back.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Fack! I've been meaning to try that place for years.

Is Diana's that great? I went there once on a whim while driving by and bought some oysters. Maybe I should go back.

It's pretty great. Their seafood is second to none in the city. All my chef friends go there for their stuff. Plus their mussels are by far the best I've had anywhere in the world. I haven't been to the restaurant attached to it, but it must be pretty good too.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's pretty great. Their seafood is second to none in the city. All my chef friends go there for their stuff. Plus their mussels are by far the best I've had anywhere in the world. I haven't been to the restaurant attached to it, but it must be pretty good too.
You should go and take a picture if the food is arranged in the shape of cock and balls
again

I didn't know Burger's Priest had a new location on Adelaide. Walked by it last night. Looked surprisingly spacious, too, compared to the usual closets that are the other locations I've visited.

ahdurian

I didn't know Burger's Priest had a new location on Adelaide. Walked by it last night. Looked surprisingly spacious, too, compared to the usual closets that are the other locations I've visited.

yeah they opened a while ago. the one near the Smoke's Poutinerie/Burritoerie, right?

I found out they also opened one in Etobicoke by Kipling/Queensway

ahdurian

I still didn't get a letter about my red and white health card. Did I win?

i feel like it's completely random who gets the letter
I'm a patient at Toronto General for dialysis, so I'm there 3 times a week, and have to show my health card each time, and yet I haven't gotten the letter yet (or been asked by the nurses/doctors about it)

None of these words make any sense to me. Probably because I am an un-cultured fuck.

Aburi...momofuku...milk bar...JaBistro.

Are you Asian by any chance, kind sir?

I ate a McDonalds Angus Burger just now and was better than 99% of the burger joints in Toronto.

The 1% being Hero Burger because it is the best burger in the city.

bruh

i feel like it's completely random who gets the letter
I'm a patient at Toronto General for dialysis, so I'm there 3 times a week, and have to show my health card each time, and yet I haven't gotten the letter yet (or been asked by the nurses/doctors about it)
:(

How long you been on dialysis for? I have a family member going through it now who has acute kidney failure. Really takes a lot out of them. Are you on it forever?

I also haven't gotten anything about my Red/White health card.

ahdurian

Can't imagine. Guess you are kind of used to it by now. Are you waiting for a transplant? Anyways sorry to get personal. Wish you the best.

Waiting to be on the waiting list
Doctors/coordinators don't want to put me on it yet until I get approved for Trillium's medicinal plan, because medication can cost up to $3k a month. So just waiting for that approval and them I'm activated on the list, and hopefully will get a transplant within the year (according to the doctors)

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Waiting to be on the waiting list
Doctors/coordinators don't want to put me on it yet until I get approved for Trillium's medicinal plan, because medication can cost up to $3k a month. So just waiting for that approval and them I'm activated on the list, and hopefully will get a transplant within the year (according to the doctors)

Best wishes. I've seen both ends of the transplant since a friend of mine got a liver transplant and when my mom died, they used her liver for a young man.

Stopped by Momofuku milk bar today and had their softserve. They have this genius "sugary milk" flavour that's topped with crushed corn flakes that tastes exactly like a bowl of milk after you've eaten all the frosted flakes out of it. It's ridiculous how they nailed that experience in soft serve.

Also, the salmon aburi at JaBistro is basically the best thing ever.

Keep an eye out for Miku opening in two weeks. Great aburi sushi joint from Vancouver.

Kraftwerk

Someone I know iscoming into Toronto today and staying for three days. Wants to be in a hotel that's somewhat downtown. What's there for her without having to break the bank.

jokkir

Anyone find any interesting exhibits for Nuit Blanche? I'll probably go to the Ubisoft Exhibit again since the one they did last year was pretty cool

Top Bottom