• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

mr.rager

jEzOR1d
team summer right there.

How was the meet up? Any pics?

:edit:

On my phone so I dunno if the PIC is working correctly

dluu13

I saw one of those black history month guys. They tried to get my friend to give him 10-20 dollars for that little pamphlet. My friend even took out $2, but they wouldn't take it. They could have gotten $2, but they got nothing instead. I remembered reading about those guys on this thread and I got real nervous when I came across him today.

I also walked over to that Billy Bishop Airport underground tunnel. It was less cool than I thought it would be.

N° 2048

I saw one of those black history month guys. They tried to get my friend to give him 10-20 dollars for that little pamphlet. My friend even took out $2, but they wouldn't take it. They could have gotten $2, but they got nothing instead. I remembered reading about those guys on this thread and I got real nervous when I came across him today.

I also walked over to that Billy Bishop Airport underground tunnel. It was less cool than I thought it would be.

Even $2 is too much. Fuck those scam artists. I'd help a friend out and say "this shit is a scam".

dluu13

Even $2 is too much. Fuck those scam artists. I'd help a friend out and say "this shit is a scam".

Yeah, in the end no harm was done but it was nuts. "I'd love for you to have one of these, if you could give us $10, or maybe $20." At that point my friend said no, and the dude turned to me and I just shut him down and we left.

None of these guys ever come close to me. They smell fear.

Grow a beard, wear flannel, chain smoke Marlboros. Be a real man. Burn a hole through their souls with that crazy look in your eyes. They will never dare confront you. I swear the mother fucker who ever has the gull to walk towards me is going to get a swift face full of my musky taint.

dluu13

None of these guys ever come close to me. They smell fear.

Grow a beard, wear flannel, chain smoke Marlboros. Be a real man. Burn a hole through their souls with that crazy look in your eyes. They will never dare confront you. I swear the mother fucker who ever has the gull to walk towards me is going to get a swift face full of my musky taint.

But I'm a 5'4" generic Asian :(

But I'm a 5'4" generic Asian :(
Well in that case I am afraid you may be screwed.

Are you one of those freak Asians that can grow a beard by any chance? All hope is not lost if so.

You can still try with the flannel, Marlboros, and a stern look in your eyes to try and put a decent scare into them, although it may just have the opposite effect and they'll just laugh and pursue you even more.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Well in that case I am afraid you may be screwed.

Are you one of those freak Asians that can grow a beard by any chance? All hope is not lost if so.

You can still try with the flannel, Marlboros, and a stern look in your eyes to try and put a decent scare into them, although it may just have the opposite effect and they'll just laugh and pursue you even more.

MBRp7En.jpg

dluu13

I grow crappy beard. It's ok I never go by Yonge Dundas anyway. I was just walking around with a friend today.

It's ok about the winter jacket. I am still using one from like 20 years ago. Warm as hell though.

I walked by a couple of Nuit Blanche exhibits earlier as they were being set up. I don't think I'll go out again tonight. It's windy as hell out there.

Blackhead

Redarse
This is the year when I finally buy a new winter jacket. I've been wearing this one that I had since the 10th grade.

MEDIOCRE. here are your new role models: Meet the men who blow thousands on clothes while their wives stick to bargain-hunting
Sq8MxGc.jpg

"Last year, I bought a Canada Goose £600 parka (don’t kill me Becca!)"

If for some reason you need further convincing: The Case for Expensive Clothes

don't actually buy Canada Goose unless you want to be a generic asian torontonian

This is the year when I finally buy a new winter jacket. I've been wearing this one that I had since the 10th grade.

I've also been wearing the same winter jacket but since the 9th grade and I'm 20 now. Hey if it works (and it's warm) it works. It's actually too big on me now but I also used to be a lot chubbier in high school.

I also absolutely refuse the idea of getting a Canada Goose jacket. I ain't no lame generic Asian.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Whoa did I dream this or is is true that TFC might actually make the playoffs this year?

Someone who follows soccer let me know.

zroid

Banned
Whoa did I dream this or is is true that TFC might actually make the playoffs this year?

well it took the league both adding multiple expansion teams to Toronto's conference AND increasing the number of teams who make the playoffs, but yeah it looks like they're going to make it this year. :lol

They should, yes! Montreal needed to beat Orlando tonight (and didn't) for us to officially make it, but barring some ridiculous last few matches for everyone involved, TFC should at least make the first single-game knockout round.

Hieberrr

This is my first time at Nuit Blanche. What the fuck am I looking at?

I don't understand these exhibits. Even with a fresh and open mind. Just, why...

Sober

This is my first time at Nuit Blanche. What the fuck am I looking at?

I don't understand these exhibits. Even with a fresh and open mind. Just, why...
They usually come with like an explanation for the piece at each exhibit. Some are very performance art-y, some are things that make you think things and stuff. Art.

I don't think you need to understand them per se, just know that they exist to possibly think of how it makes you feel. And stuff.

Anth0ny

i saw an exhibit last night, it was a girl, alone in a room on a typewriter. according to the write up card, this had something to do with karl marx's "capital".

nearby, a speaker playing nirvana's "something in the way" for no apparent reason. no visuals to accompany it, it was just kinda looping.

at that point I went to a bar and began drinking.

N° 2048

i saw an exhibit last night, it was a girl, alone in a room on a typewriter. according to the write up card, this had something to do with karl marx's "capital".

nearby, a speaker playing nirvana's "something in the way" for no apparent reason. no visuals to accompany it, it was just kinda looping.

at that point I went to a bar and began drinking.

That's "art".

Renewed

Despite the sky, it was a good walk back. Hospital volunteering ends in a couple of weeks so I'll finally have time I don't know what to do with.

Maybe I should do something in Toronto for once.

Sober

Man, FUCK Ontario drivers.

I was already coming into a left turn lane when this motherfucker dives right in front of me with maybe like a foot of space to spare, no signalling or anything. I panic but luckily all I hit was a signpost on an island. Nothing more than chipped paint and a few bumps but Jesus fuck that guy. Lucky I didn't go into the oncoming lanes or anything.

I didn't even get to fucking cuss the dude out cause he already peaced out and turned into another street and I didn't even blow the horn at him cause I was busy trying not to rear end the dude that clearly didn't bother to check much less signal.

dluu13

Man, FUCK Ontario drivers.

I was already coming into a left turn lane when this motherfucker dives right in front of me with maybe like a foot of space to spare, no signalling or anything. I panic but luckily all I hit was a signpost on an island. Nothing more than chipped paint and a few bumps but Jesus fuck that guy. Lucky I didn't go into the oncoming lanes or anything.

I didn't even get to fucking cuss the dude out cause he already peaced out and turned into another street and I didn't even blow the horn at him cause I was busy trying not to rear end the dude that clearly didn't bother to check much less signal.

Ontario drivers are just aggressive. Richmond drivers are... well...
https://www.facebook.com/RichmondLearnstoPark

Kraftwerk

man, hate how soon beer stores closes sundays. Was stuck someplace, couldn't make it in time. Could really use a nice drink right now and sit in my yard and enjoy the cool air...bleh

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Wtf? It wasn't even a difficult spot to get out of, even with the snow on the ground. They hit the red car. They then start trying to maneuver out of the spot in the stupidest way possible. The black car leaves which means they have a ton of space behind them but clearly they weren't paying attention because they still do their stupid maneuvering. They eventually leave but just ignore that they hit a car (I don't think they the white one).

But LOL at the minivan turning into the lot and stopping dead because they didn't know wtf the bmw was doing.

Top Bottom