• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
What's the history with Nuit Blanche? I saw some of the exhibits being set up but I didn't go out at night. It seems like a cool idea, but what happened in the last few years to mess it up?

It just sucks in general. Art is subjective and all that, but most of it is trash

I wanted to buy that new surface, but it's like 1500 fucking dollars here for the base model.

Sitting here praying that Surface 3 Pro's drop in price significantly. I'll settle for a lower end Surface 3 or 4 as well. Just... God damn it.

EDIT: Fuck me the base model for the Surface Book is $1949 dollars. Holy FUCK. The Surface 3 Pro has been removed from their website. I guess this is the time to get a higher end Surface Pro 3 over the SP4

Sober

Imagine hundreds upon hundreds of dumb high school kids getting drunk and stoned wandering around the city late into the night being stupid and disrespectful.

Also YD becomes a goddamn fire hazard, just packed shoulder to shoulder when there's nothing there. It's a little better other places but most of the big avenues that they close down get super crowded anyway, like University is always a nightmare.

dluu13

how did an art exhibit somehow become a time for a bunch of high school kids to get drunk and stoned? Did it just happen one year?

Lexxism

Loved the Roots Blue Jays Jacket but fuck this price http://www.roots.com/ca/en/roots-bl...r-Blue-Jays&start=1&selectedColor=W43#start=1
20010104_W43_a.jpg

Divvy

how did an art exhibit somehow become a time for a bunch of high school kids to get drunk and stoned? Did it just happen one year?

OCAD puts up shitty art displays

OCAD students wander around looking at each other's displays drunk

High school kids see perfect oppourtunity to blend in and get drunk

Man, Canadian dollar so low. Life is so hard now.
If we were at parity with the USA and I was getting the almost 700 pesos per dollar like they are, I would be bragging even more than I do now about my great life in south america. Like with pics of hookers, blow...getting drunk on the reg, f*cking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg.

tumblr_mv1172rbS11qlgbzbo1_500.gif

Divvy

If we were at parity with the USA and I was getting the almost 700 pesos per dollar like they are, I would be bragging even more than I do now about my great life in south america. Like with pics of hookers, blow...getting drunk on the reg, f*cking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg.

tumblr_mv1172rbS11qlgbzbo1_500.gif

I hope you get all 5 kinds of Dengue fever

Stet

Banned
BlogTO's "BEST AND WORST OF NUIT BLANCHE" article was really just calling out a few decent pieces of art. All the "worst" features were things the festival had no control over.

When did BlogTO turn into such shit?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
BlogTO's "BEST AND WORST OF NUIT BLANCHE" article was really just calling out a few decent pieces of art. All the "worst" features were things the festival had no control over.

When did BlogTO turn into such shit?

As soon as they stopped the 'Morning Brew' news, I stopped visiting the site on any sort of regular basis.

Kraftwerk

Honestly no idea why people are surprised at the price of that roots blu jays jackets.

I mean firstly, sweatpants are like $80-100 at roots.

Then you have Blue Jays that sells their shit at sportscheck. $100 a pop for a hoodie.

This is a leather and wool jacket made in Toronto. I would have thought they would price it around 800-1000.

Honestly no idea why people are surprised at the price of that roots blu jays jackets.

Then you have Blue Jays that sells their shit at sportscheck. $100 a pop for a hoodie.

This is a leather and wool jacket made in Toronto. I would have thought they would price it around 800-1000.
Yup it is a great price actually. Just bought 6.

Willectro

Banned

At first I thought the coat was stupid. Then I remembered Toronto's penchant for expensive coats. I wonder if these will sell out quick?

zorbsie

I wanted to buy that new surface, but it's like 1500 fucking dollars here for the base model.

Really want to get the Band 2, but $340 Canadian. $250 in the states. It's not grossly overpriced, but enough to make me second guess the purchase. I was expecting $300.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Which Sat in Nov were we eyeing for the meetup again?

7th, or 14th? We want to avoid the American Thanksgiving, as some people may be occupied then and we have some interest from a GAFer in Pittsburgh wanting to come up for a Saturday one. Preference?

Blackhead

Redarse
This is really silly. This isn't going to convince anyone that's already pro PC. It really should be more about not wanting this place to go further down the shitter.

Not that I support it but it doesn't need to convince a Pro PC person; it could be effective as motivation/Get Out the Vote measure for Pro Liberal folks

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Not that I support it but it doesn't need to convince a Pro PC person; it could be effective as motivation/Get Out the Vote measure for Pro Liberal folks
Well...

1:
I just want people to take their votes seriously, if they're voting.

2: it seems the biggest hurdle to get over is the fact that non PC voters are split between NDP and Liberals. Getting out the vote isn't going to help much.

I've always stayed out of elections since all the candidates sucked (especially the Liberals for the last two) but I can't in good conscience skip this one.

Top Bottom