• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Azih

Lol Toronto sports.

Hey is getting bounced in the first round better or worse than just not making the playoffs?

Anth0ny

Lol Toronto sports.

Hey is getting bounced in the first round better or worse than just not making the playoffs?

way worse

we had actual expectations for the jays

how dumb of us to assume the toronto sports curse doesn't apply to baseball

This morning, this anti-communist political party I could not even bother to remember their name dropped a flyer on our mail slot for a book burning eventthat's happening on Election Day. I'm not sure if they're being satirical but it was weird.

Some assholes tried to rob my aunt's jewelry store down at Kennedy and Eglinton yesterday. She's all right but in shock. They were dragging her around by her hair. How do you live with yourself doing that to a sixty year old lady? She was closing down the store in a month too. All these years and this is when someone actually tries to pull something.

That sucks, man. Is she OK?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Some assholes tried to rob my aunt's jewelry store down at Kennedy and Eglinton yesterday. She's all right but in shock. They were dragging her around by her hair. How do you live with yourself doing that to a sixty year old lady? She was closing down the store in a month too. All these years and this is when someone actually tries to pull something.

That's awful. :(

Power flickering on/off for anyone?

It went out for me earlier today.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Coming in to Toronto via Greyhound and this is a first for me - a driver literally got lost so the bus never arrived. What was supposed to be a 2.5 hour trip turned into a 6 hour trip. lol

Samyy

Hey guys the Marlies won...!? :D

Also when's the next meetup? Working downtown now, just learned I passed my exams for this summer so I don't need to study at all or do anything to do with studying until next summer, I can finally make it to a meetup!

Willectro

Banned
I know that the mechanical engineering building at ut had a long outage today.

It went out for me earlier today.

Seems like hydro were having some issues all over. I saw a few traffic lights out too.

Coming in to Toronto via Greyhound and this is a first for me - a driver literally got lost so the bus never arrived. What was supposed to be a 2.5 hour trip turned into a 6 hour trip. lol

Lol, that's insane.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
??
Where did my post go...?

JUNIOR MINT...!

http://mikutoronto.com/
Still not enough time to finish that PhD.
Hey guys the Marlies won...!? :D

Also when's the next meetup? Working downtown now, just learned I passed my exams for this summer so I don't need to study at all or do anything to do with studying until next summer, I can finally make it to a meetup!
November! We'll be fully in tank for Matthews territory by then.

So depressed about the Jays today. What a waste of potential if it ends like this. Price most likely not coming back, if he does, goodluck having money for re-signing EE or Jose in a year. And enough money to get another decent pitcher that they need in the rotation. Enjoy Tulo's contract that is back loaded and going to $20 million for the next 4 years. Then add Estrada and Dicky and Papa Buehrle as free agents. Cecil going to arbitration and getting a nice raise. (or UFA? not sure)

Rogers spending $250 million on stadium improvements...

I hope Rogers has the money to make all the pieces fit. I am skeptical though. Just sucks because this felt like a special team and this was the year to make the run. Everything that can go wrong, has gone wrong. Murphy's Law mother fuckers.

Quick

Banned
I think this is a lesson for Rogers about the current climate in the MLB when it comes to building a winning team. You need to spend money, but also build a good locker room culture. They've done well to get guys to buy into the same program, as well as acquiring assets that definitely help out. Donaldson and Martin were key acquisitions.

I wish Price would stay. I can only hope that however the Jays end up in the off-season would be seen as momentum for next season, rather than being deflating and a set-back to everything.

so sports people, I don't follow baseball but what does this loss mean for the rest of the Blue Jays playoff stakes?

Bye bye Blue Jays.

zroid

Banned
Everyone was saying we were supposed to demolish Texas too.
on paper they should have to be honest. but baseball playoffs are designed more than any other sport to be soul crushing.

that's what happens when you mix the longest regular season, shortest postseason, and most potential randomness from game-to-game. recipe for chaos.

on paper they should have to be honest. but baseball playoffs are designed more than any other sport to be soul crushing.

that's what happens when you mix the longest regular season, shortest postseason, and most potential randomness from game-to-game. recipe for chaos.

It's almost comical to play such a long drawn out season and then race through the first playoff series in a best of 5.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So depressed about the Jays today. What a waste of potential if it ends like this. Price most likely not coming back, if he does, goodluck having money for re-signing EE or Jose in a year. And enough money to get another decent pitcher that they need in the rotation. Enjoy Tulo's contract that is back loaded and going to $20 million for the next 4 years. Then add Estrada and Dicky and Papa Buehrle as free agents. Cecil going to arbitration and getting a nice raise. (or UFA? not sure)

Rogers spending $250 million on stadium improvements...

I hope Rogers has the money to make all the pieces fit. I am skeptical though. Just sucks because this felt like a special team and this was the year to make the run. Everything that can go wrong, has gone wrong. Murphy's Law mother fuckers.
If they're not competitive I really see Joey Bats leaving. I see EE staying no matter what.

so sports people, I don't follow baseball but what does this loss mean for the rest of the Blue Jays playoff stakes?

Jays need to win three in a row.

The Blue Jays won 11 games in a row twice over the season.

Anything is possible even if improbable.

It's almost comical to play such a long drawn out season and then race through the first playoff series in a best of 5.

They need some added time.

I think the first round should be a best of seven as well. I think it's only a matter of time until they figure that out. Keep the Wild Cards at one game though. They didn't win a division.

Anth0ny

Bo5 first round is dumb as fuck. 12:45pm game 2 on a Friday is dumb as fuck. I hate MLB.

Either way though, Jays dropped first two games at home. That's on us. #torontosportscurse

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lol, that's insane.
Yep. I was going to complain, but even at 11 there was a long line at the bus station so I just gave up.

http://mikutoronto.com/
Still not enough time to finish that PhD.
Blergh, so close.

----

Two things I learned about Toronto after not being around for a while - they totally changed Union station and separated the two directions into separate platforms... I assume to create more standing space for the people waiting.

Also, apparently there's some kind of underground/water tunnel that leads to the Island Airport now? I hope those Islanders are happy after wasting all that time stopping people from building a bridge.

Layell

Welp had a great deal of fun with trying to rent a place right now

"we want to see you this weekend to sign the lease and give you the keys"

cut to tonight where

"oh sorry we don't want you now"

Luckily I'm not on a strict schedule for moving out, but dang it I was ready to go.

Quick

Banned
I was in Scarborough yesterday, and a group of volunteers for a Conservative MP were handing out flyers, telling people to vote ("be a part of the community" is what they said to people).

Anytime someone says that they've already voted, one specific volunteer would ask who they voted for. This guy eventually reached me and I told him I already voted, and he asked me who I voted for. I declined to tell him since it seemed inappropriate for someone working for a specific party to be asking this information. Didn't seem to faze him, as he kept asking people afterwards.

The more you know: http://www.elections.ca/content2.aspx?section=faq&dir=oth&document=index&lang=e#oth12

I throw these things in the trash if they are anywhere near my apartment entrance. Don't care what party you're with.

Is that illegal? I don't really care.

"Anywhere near" is I'm guessing steps from your front door. That seems legal and reasonable.

N° 2048

"Anywhere near" is I'm guessing steps from your front door. That seems legal and reasonable.

Yea pretty much. They put it right on my steps and my dog is scared of air lol so if it is swaying even just a bit, she will FLIP as soon as I step out the door. I think it's fair.

Quick

Banned
Yea pretty much. They put it right on my steps and my dog is scared of air lol so if it is swaying even just a bit, she will FLIP as soon as I step out the door. I think it's fair.

That's definitely annoying. The sign I have is on the far side of my lawn and is actually pretty small, so it doesn't bother anyone.

Did you guys know RA Dicky lives in mississauga? lol dunno but found that funny.

You think the Jays pick up his option? I'm leaning more towards them doing so. He is still a solid pitcher and eats up innings. For $12 million you can do much worse.

Did you guys know RA Dicky lives in mississauga? lol dunno but found that funny.

You think the Jays pick up his option? I'm leaning more towards them doing so. He is still a solid pitcher and eats up innings. For $12 million you can do much worse.

Jays may be losing 3 starters, so yea, they need Dickey

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anytime someone says that they've already voted, one specific volunteer would ask who they voted for. This guy eventually reached me and I told him I already voted, and he asked me who I voted for. I declined to tell him since it seemed inappropriate for someone working for a specific party to be asking this information. Didn't seem to faze him, as he kept asking people afterwards.
WTF. I wouldn't tell them how I voted. Those ballots are supposed to be kept secret for a reason.

It was incredibly fast though when I voted on Friday. A lot faster and smoother than the municipal election.

dluu13

WTF. I wouldn't tell them how I voted. Those ballots are supposed to be kept secret for a reason.

It was incredibly fast though when I voted on Friday. A lot faster and smoother than the municipal election.
Don't they use the data for exit polls? I think that's how they estimate who is winning.

cocopuffs

Banned
Have an unused All-Day Wonderland Admission ticket that I forgot I had. Willing to part with it for either $10 or just shoot me a random offer or something.

edit: or just give it to a random TO-Gaf member for free, just quote the post

Quick

Banned
Have an unused All-Day Wonderland Admission ticket that I forgot I had. Willing to part with it for either $10 or just shoot me a random offer or something.

edit: or just give it to a random TO-Gaf member for free, just quote the post

Does that cover Halloween Haunt? And is it for anytime while the park is open?

Top Bottom