• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

zroid

Banned
Raptors out, Marlies out, and Giovinco injured. Brutal weekend. At least Marner is the next Gretzky.

27c792d932684d21bfa05bc062248350.png

mr.rager

Ah see, this is interesting, I didn't know it.
Won't manage to go today, but I should look for the next significant match then. I want us to have a decent view to understand what it going on, any seats that should absolutely be avoided?

I do think it will be opened, it's been opened most days (I can actually see it from my place) even when they were prepping/covering the field for last week's concert.

Is there any difference in going Friday compared to Saturday or Sunday?
I honestly wouldn't mind avoiding the biggest crowd.

Thanks for the tip, I can believe that!

The Jays are playing the Yankees for the next 3 days so you might want to check that out. As for seats to avoid, the upper deck seats would be bad, hard to see the plays. Friday should be a bit less crowded than the weekends so that might be good depending if you like crowds or not. They'll be on the road after the Yankees series so you won't have a chance to watch them again for a bit.

Ah see, this is interesting, I didn't know it.
Won't manage to go today, but I should look for the next significant match then. I want us to have a decent view to understand what it going on, any seats that should absolutely be avoided?

I do think it will be opened, it's been opened most days (I can actually see it from my place) even when they were prepping/covering the field for last week's concert.

Is there any difference in going Friday compared to Saturday or Sunday?
I honestly wouldn't mind avoiding the biggest crowd.
I always find the crowd is a lot more tired on Friday evening games, and if it's a giveaway day (shirts/bobbleheads) the crowd is a lot happier and excited. Those giveaway days are also the most crowded but in my opinion that's what makes the game fun to watch.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Screw that one guy, EvilMario.

Actually, I think I'm getting better.

Haha, that guy. I had another one screaming at me earlier because I killed a Torb/Sentry placement instead of a Hog as Reaper. I think proceeded to push the cart into the final point by myself, as he yelled at me. Brilliant playerbase sometimes.

People need to chill out, it's a public game. Have fun, learn classes, goof around.

Quadratic

Haha, that guy. I had another one screaming at me earlier because I killed a Torb/Sentry placement instead of a Hog as Reaper. I think proceeded to push the cart into the final point by myself, as he yelled at me. Brilliant playerbase sometimes.

People need to chill out, it's a public game. Have fun, learn classes, goof around.

If you want to organize a 5 stack of GAF people for Overwatch just give me a shout out. I was online but I was doing chores most of the day in between some HotS and Hearthstone games

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Glad to see I'm not missing anything by getting on the mic on a pub.
If you want to organize a 5 stack of GAF people for Overwatch just give me a shout out. I was online but I was doing chores most of the day in between some HotS and Hearthstone games
Will do.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

wah...I've had the game since Tuesday and I know 95% of characters...wah

Whatever dude. I'm still learning. Who were we playing with btw?

Yes pls.

I've been fighting a cold all week, and on top of this heat and humidity, my body has never been more confused.

I saw someone in jeans and a black sweatshirt today. I almost passed out from looking at him.

There is a woman who frequents my store, appears mentally unstable (she has good days and bad days, and can be vicious on her bad days), and all winter has been bundled up with an enormous (like, it's a few sizes too big) blue winter jacket. I served her yesterday and she was rocking the exact same outfit, bundled up in her blue jacket.

I was waiting for her to just spontaneously combust.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yes!

Last year was a shit show trying to get a ticket, I've been to the first 2 years - I want to make it 3 in a row!

Love experiencing the hype with everyone, Playstation Blog said they're on "sale" 10am PST/1pm EST.
Last year must have been fantastic then

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Three dudes came by asking to see an Enbridge bill to see if we qualify for a water purifier/softener because it's "good for the environment" and "part of a mandate from Justin Trudeau".

The link I got was from the same goddamn group but they were operating in another city. Just wanted to provide a heads up to everyone in case you have someone at home that can be easily tricked,

One of them said he was not with Enbridge but "affiliated with them". I took a picture of this one guy's ID (not posting it) and it's Ontario Water Home Services. I also got his name and number and when I searched for it, I saw it was his own personal goddamn number linked to his personal social media account.

Anyways, be sure to tell them to go away and warn other people just in case.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Oshawa/comments/4eg2z8/be_on_the_lookout_for_ontario_water_home_services/

Mhee12Bee

Scotiabank Theatre huh... well I do all my movie watching there so it shouldn't be terrible.

I suppose I'll be at work when the tix go up so if I can get to a computer and get them, cool. If not, oh well.

I might grab a ticket for ya if you don't get one. Got the day off for tomorrow and E3

Quick

Banned
Three dudes came by asking to see an Enbridge bill to see if we qualify for a water purifier/softener because it's "good for the environment" and "part of a mandate from Justin Trudeau".

The link I got was from the same goddamn group but they were operating in another city. Just wanted to provide a heads up to everyone in case you have someone at home that can be easily tricked,

One of them said he was not with Enbridge but "affiliated with them". I took a picture of this one guy's ID (not posting it) and it's Ontario Water Home Services. I also got his name and number and when I searched for it, I saw it was his own personal goddamn number linked to his personal social media account.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Oshawa/comments/4eg2z8/be_on_the_lookout_for_ontario_water_home_services/

I've encountered enough of these guys to figure it out. I stopped being polite and I've just been slam the door in their faces.

dluu13

I've encountered enough of these guys to figure it out. I stopped being polite and I've just been slam the door in their faces.

What is the deal with this anyway? They are offering to give free water purifiers?

I don't encounter these people because I live in an apartment, but I'm just curious.

wbsmcs

My "friend" does this. He goes home to home and tries to sell hepa filters for furnaces. The group he is with preys on old people and asks to see their energy bill. Once they see the bill and see it's from Enbridge, they claim to be from Enbridge. They the threaten the people with "environment" fines if they don't "upgrade" their furnace. The filter could be theirs for only $50/month payments on a 10 year contract! Its just dollars a day!

I'm in Vancouver right now. The fare I bought on the bus is not compatible with the sky train so I have to pay another fare. One station into the sky train and we're stuck on the tracks.

dluu13

I'm in Vancouver right now. The fare I bought on the bus is not compatible with the sky train so I have to pay another fare. One station into the sky train and we're stuck on the tracks.

I thought everything has transitioned to Compass card now? Anyway, I got myself a Compass card last time and loaded it up so I can use it next time I land at the airport.

I did notice at the tail end of living in Vancouver that more and more people were complaining about the Skytrain breaking down though. What was the cause this time?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

I thought everything has transitioned to Compass card now? Anyway, I got myself a Compass card last time and loaded it up so I can use it next time I land at the airport.

I did notice at the tail end of living in Vancouver that more and more people were complaining about the Skytrain breaking down though. What was the cause this time?
Vancouver becoming more and more like Toronto...!

Mhee12Bee

I clicked on 2 for the first time then didn't know my friends address and was panicking to get another lol. Luckily I got one

Nice. I remember from 2 years ago there was the option to choose 2 ticket...but not adding the LOCATION for both! I just put my Brother's name and Google just did the autocomplete. Think I made it in time because the Registering circled for a good minute

Top Bottom