• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

I thought everything has transitioned to Compass card now?

They are. The buses still print magnetic strip fares which don't have the tap functionality to open the skytrain gates. There was literally a worker behind the gates and she told me I had to buy another fare instead of just letting me through. Ridiculous.

Anony

wtf, i dont get how this system works
i registered on the waitlist 8 mins after 1pm
but new spots opened up some time after it was sold out? shouldnt the people on the waitlist get in first before any new spots open?

am i suppose to just go there and hope there's a spot open if i'm on the waitlist?

krae_man

wtf, i dont get how this system works
i registered on the waitlist 8 mins after 1pm
but new spots opened up some time after it was sold out? shouldnt the people on the waitlist get in first before any new spots open?

am i suppose to just go there and hope there's a spot open if i'm on the waitlist?

People's shopping cart's timed out. This is how all ticketed events work. You don't get automatically upgraded if you buy 5th row tickets to a concert and someone who got in faster then you and had 3rd row tickets in their cart backs out and doesn't buy.

A undisclosed percentage of each theatre is reserved for waiting list people. How many wait list spots did they sell vs how many reserved for wait list seats are there? Unknown.

How many of the reserved seat people just booked and have no intention to show up because it was online and free? Unknown.

How early will you have to get in line to get a seat? Unknown.

dluu13

They are. The buses still print magnetic strip fares which don't have the tap functionality to open the skytrain gates. There was literally a worker behind the gates and she told me I had to buy another fare instead of just letting me through. Ridiculous.

Rough. Back in December, they had the magnetic strip still being dispensed at the skytrain stations, although the gates were still open. The tap cards were available at different machines though. I wonder what the delay is for getting them onto buses. I'm all for phasing out the old stuff though, so hopefully they get this sorted out.

Although I bought my compass card, I mostly used my dad's old style monthly pass to get around around Christmas so I actually never had a chance to try out the new gates properly. I'm actually looking forward to the next time I go back so I can try it out and see if it works.

Renewed

*checks E3 Experience @ Scotiabank tickets* "Sold Out" ayyy qq

My computer at home was out all day because of an unexpected WX update (ffs...). At least it wasn't stupidly hot.

Oh right meetups. I can put some thought into a post-E3 meetup unless someone else would like to.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
We'll need an official one soon too. Tomorrow is June!
The SIX...th meet up this year!
*checks E3 Experience @ Scotiabank tickets* "Sold Out" ayyy qq

My computer at home was out all day because of an unexpected WX update (ffs...). At least it wasn't stupidly hot.

Oh right meetups. I can put some thought into a post-E3 meetup unless someone else would like to.
Kinda regret not trying to get tix now....

mr.rager

Some of you already know that i'm heading to Japan for a year but it was officially made official today! Picked up my visa this afternoon! Hasn't really hit me yet but i'm sure the closer it gets to the date it will lol.

Renewed

Some of you already know that i'm heading to Japan for a year but it was officially made official today! Picked up my visa this afternoon! Hasn't really hit me yet but i'm sure the closer it gets to the date it will lol.

Ooo congrats! I hope you enjoy your time there

dluu13

Are you going there for work?

mr.rager

Ooo congrats! I hope you enjoy your time there
Thanks man!

Are you going there for work?
Kind of. I got a working holiday visa so I can go with for a year, I mostly went cause my girlfriend moved back there lol. I'll most likely be teaching English tho.

Send me lots of Japanese snacks...! :(
Whatever you want bro, I'll hook it up.

Thanks Kat!

:Edit:

Btw is anyones internet down? I lost my internet connection last night and it hasn't come back yet. I'm with Rogers.

The Rocket now on the Bloor-Danforth line.

There is a huge delay at Yonge though and there was one at Dundas West.

Edit: Apparently The Rocket trains were just a one time thing since they couldn't get the regular subways out from Greenwood station to the west end.

Any reason why the rocket is not being used in bloor-danforth line?

I keep hearing that it's due to the stations being too narrow to support it but I think that's just speculation. There was clearly no problem this morning. It ran just fine.

I don't know.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wow what a mess downtown.

One of my coworkers came back from vacation today, she usually gets in at 8:30, it's now 10am and she's nowhere to be seen. She sent us a few texts to say she's still stuck trying to get up here.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wow what a mess downtown.

One of my coworkers came back from vacation today, she usually gets in at 8:30, it's now 10am and she's nowhere to be seen. She sent us a few texts to say she's still stuck trying to get up here.
Must be coming from the East then with the subway being down for a fire investigation.

TTC WORLD CLASS
delays

Brinbe

Good ole shuttle buses lol. Thank the lawd I don't have to make a daily morning commute. That shit sounds nightmarish.

At least we have this to look forward to?
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/05/31/preferred-route-of-downtown-relief-line-revealed.html

OKDEdCF.jpg

It'll be nice when we get it in about 20(0) years.

Just wanted to remind folks that I do still have that TFC ticket for tonight available. It'll be against Montreal, should be a good time.

Anony

i was in the eglinton/yonge area and they seem to be building tracks for the LRT or whatever thery're going to have there
that's something right?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
i was in the eglinton/yonge area and they seem to be building tracks for the LRT or whatever thery're going to have there
that's something right?

Yes. Eglinton LRT will be a massive improvement for transit in the city and of course, specifically for the communities in those areas. People complained non-stop about the shit show that was St Clair during the ROW construction, but it improved everything there for transit so much. Eglinton will be far beyond that.

Anony

Yes. Eglinton LRT will be a massive improvement for transit in the city and of course, specifically for the communities in those areas. People complained non-stop about the shit show that was St Clair during the ROW construction, but it improved everything there for transit so much. Eglinton will be far beyond that.

it's good for the local residents, but it's just going to be worse for the yonge line
there needs to be more lines going to into the downtown core from uptown
every expansion we're doing forces more pressure on the yonge line

i just dont get why they didnt expand the sheppard line to downsview, that's the easiest thing they could have done

also, i saw on the eglinton LRT line map that they're expanding something (another LRT i think) from somewhere past fairview mall (don mills station i guess) to scarb RT (midland station i think)
the system doesn't seem integrated with don mills station, from the map, it looks like it's some distance past fairview mall

Quick

Banned
I always found it crazy that to go from Sheppard to Yorkdale I have to take a 30 minute subway trip south and then 30 minutes back up

I was going to laugh at you for going all the way down to Union and back up, but I realized that definitely takes over 30 minutes, so I'm assuming you cut across on the Bloor-Danforth line via Bloor-Yonge station.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
it's good for the local residents, but it's just going to be worse for the yonge line
there needs to be more lines going to into the downtown core from uptown
every expansion we're doing forces more pressure on the yonge line

i just dont get why they didnt expand the sheppard line to downsview, that's the easiest thing they could have done

also, i saw on the eglinton LRT line map that they're expanding something (another LRT i think) from somewhere past fairview mall (don mills station i guess) to scarb RT (midland station i think)
the system doesn't seem integrated with don mills station, from the map, it looks like it's some distance past fairview mall

Yonge line would continue to suffer with, or without the LRT. There will definitely be a ridership increase from people along Eglinton that may have otherwise taken a bus down to Bloor line, or boarded somewhere else, but a lot of the traffic on the LRT->YUS will have already been there via buses in their area.

The real issue will be 20 years from now as development continues in the area, already some good density along Eglinton, but made more attractive now. It would happen either way. Yonge line reaching maximum capacity shouldn't stop projects like this though, but relief line needs to have yesterday. Or 20 years ago.

I always found it crazy that to go from Sheppard to Yorkdale I have to take a 30 minute subway trip south and then 30 minutes back up

As others have said, all the major streets will have buses running East and West, which will likely always be faster than taking the subway down, transferring twice and going back up.

Renewed

Have people actually gone the full loop? I would be mildly surprised.

Bless my work being relatively close, once I get a bike it's smooth sailing.

As someone living in that community, there's already the Yonge line and it's faster to take the Eglinton bus to Yonge than to wait for a subway train at Bayview station (this is what my wife who's the one commuting downtown everyday is telling me). From Yonge and Eglinton to Leaside a lot of us drive, it's a relatively affluent area, much more so than St. Clair outside of Moore Park. You can go from Vic Park to Yonge without a subway stop and the locals couldn't care less. I'm not against a subway line on Eglinton but I'm not a huge fan of the station.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
And for food?
Well...
Food is good all over. Just depends on what you're looking for. :)
Pretty much.

I wouldn't say there's a concentrated area of good stuff; you'd have to pick a cuisine and there'd be restaurants for them. I will say I liked having areas dedicated to one type of food though; the ramen area in Seoul was pretty neat and Tokyo has a bunch of them.

Bridal Path. Probably Rosedale.
Yuuuup

Goddamn. So bad at Overwatch...got 4 TO gaffers a least tonight but I think I ended up playing too much at the end.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn. So bad at Overwatch...got 4 TO gaffers a least tonight but I think I ended up playing too much at the end.

Tonight was the first time I've felt legitimately frustrated with it. Felt like I couldn't do anything. Kept dying, can't aim for shit. UGH. I had to stop.

Top Bottom