• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

I wish the line for the 60 bus at Finch station was as organized as Tetsu, Foot Locker etc... line =/

TTC Lineups are all over the place. At some stations people line up orderly while at others it's a ram fest. Go to Runnymede station and everyone is really good about he lineup.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Mariah Carrey concert on queen street in front of Hudson Bay...I wonder how packed it's going to be.
All I want for Christmas is a mild winter.
Next year will be the 50 years of Leafs championship drought. 59 years more to beat Cubs 108 years.
:(
That'll never happen. And neither one of us will be alive to gloat as to who is right.
59 years. It's possible I'll be alive though with all the drinking I do for Leafs games and the diabeetus, I doubt it.

SAMYY!! YOU WILL CARRY THE TORCH AND POUR SOME CHAMPAGNE FOR US WHEN IT HAPPENS!

yyzjohn

Banned
All I want for Christmas is a mild winter.

:(

59 years. It's possible I'll be alive though with all the drinking I do for Leafs games and the diabeetus, I doubt it.

SAMYY!! YOU WILL CARRY THE TORCH AND POUR SOME CHAMPAGNE FOR US WHEN IT HAPPENS!

Auston Matthews would be 78.

zroid

Banned
Auston Matthews will be the general manager of the Leafs next Cup winning team

that's what they meant by saviour all along

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it. Double post.

I got the job. Start the 29th.

No more Scarberia but downtown work. Slight pay cut. Smaller company. Beer on Fridays.

My only worry was how much of a pay cut but it's so minuscule I'm not even going to notice and they've said they'all review in 6 months and adjust.

Great way to end the week.

Fuck it. Double post.

No more Scarberia but downtown work. Slight pay cut. Smaller company. Beer on Fridays.

My only worry was how much of a pay cut but it's so minuscule I'm not even going to notice and they've said they'all review in 6 months and adjust.

Congrats, Kuro!

Blackhead

Redarse
Fuck it. Double post.

congrats!

Sober

Fuck it. Double post.

Next round of Victory Cider on Kuro!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Fuck it. Double post.

Fuck you

Congrats

explodet

Fuck it. Double post.

Yoooooo
Congrats.

Lexxism

You earn 6 digits anyway. Doesn't matter those few cents.

congrats

dluu13

Congratulations kuro

Edit: going to the dollar store at 777 bay and some lady is freaking out in the lcbo and security guards are scrambling lol. Apparently she tried to steal like five hundred bucks of champagne.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Meghan Markle (the lead actress from Suits) literally being protected by police because she might be dating some dude who's fifth in line to the British throne.
Prince Harry!

IYItk5C.jpg

I see they couldn't be bothered to send out a stealth car.

Daily Mail posted photos of her house too. The British press has serious mental problems. The Brexit thread has headlines where they're calling sitting judges enemies of the people and slamming a judge for being openly gay.

Blackhead

Redarse
Meghan Markle (the lead actress from Suits) literally being protected by police because she might be dating some dude who's fifth in line to the British throne.
Prince Harry!

I see they couldn't be bothered to send out a stealth car.

Daily Mail posted photos of her house too. The British press has serious mental problems. The Brexit thread has headlines where they're calling sitting judges enemies of the people and slamming a judge for being openly gay.

Hey our press can go crazy too. Never forget

also cross post from appletv thread
Bell Fibe TV now available on Apple TV
Mobilesyrup said:
Starting today, Bell Fibe TV customers in Ontario and Quebec can use their fourth generation Apple TV to watch up to 450 Fibe TV channels.

The move marks the first time a Canadian TV service provider has made their content available on Apple’s digital media player and microconsole. CraveTV, Bell’s over-the-top streaming service, is also available on Apple TV via a recently released app. Bell announced that CraveTV surpassed 1 million subscribers earlier today.

Bell says features like the ability to pause and rewind Live TV will come to the Apple later this year
:O This is huge news for Canada.

see also:
You can now subscribe to CraveTV through iTunes with the Apple TV (Oct 13 '16)
Bell to offer Fibe TV as standalone service beginning early 2017 (Sept 7 '16)

VMedia’s IPTV service is coming to Roku devices in Canada (Sept 16 '16)
Bell aims to halt VMedia’s skinny basic package Roku app (Oct 3 '16)

I might actually open those promo offer letters Bell keeps sending me every other month and switch from Rogers

Fuck it. Double post.

Sweet. Where in downtown? Come out for drinks after work ;)

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck it. Double post.

Congrats!!!!

mr.rager

Fuck it. Double post.

Congrats man!

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Makes sense. Allows localized advertising for tv watchers. They used it in the World Cup too though it was a bit more distracting.

They've gotten a lot better at it. Most of the stuff I saw on Sportsnet last year took a split second to pop up on screen whenever the camera angle changed, but I haven't noticed it as much this year.

Fuck it. Double post.

Nice! Congrats Kuro!

krae_man

Fuck it. Double post.

No name Kraft Dinner until your first performance review!

jred2k

Hey Toronto-GAF. I'm in Toronto until the end of the month for work and I need some suggestions for things to do. I'm staying right beside the airport so there is nothing around me. I'm planning to check out a Leafs game while I'm here as well as the NXT show on the 19th. I just need some ideas for cheaper things to do on Friday nights and on the weekend. Any restaurants I have to try out? Are there any GAF meetups coming up I could attend? I'm also wondering what my best option is for public transit. Are there daily passes that can get me on the bus and subway? I ive in Ottawa and drive, so public transit is something I have almost 0 experience with.

krae_man

Hey Toronto-GAF. I'm in Toronto until the end of the month for work and I need some suggestions for things to do. I'm staying right beside the airport so there is nothing around me. I'm planning to check out a Leafs game while I'm here as well as the NXT show on the 19th. I just need some ideas for cheaper things to do on Friday nights and on the weekend. Any restaurants I have to try out? Are there any GAF meetups coming up I could attend? I'm also wondering what my best option is for public transit. Are there daily passes that can get me on the bus and subway? I ive in Ottawa and drive, so public transit is something I have almost 0 experience with.

Meetup next weekend!

You're not going to see the rematch of the worst Wrestlemania match of all time?

Locals can help you with buses.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Hi.

Yep, as you've said, the airport is sort of a no man's land. Your cheapest option (but takes an eternity) is to take the TTC, who runs most of the transit within the city. Your most convenient option that's cheaper than a cab is the UP Express. Once you're at Union, you can take the TTC around. They have daily and weekly passes, depending on how much you're traveling. You could also I guess get a PRESTO card, save a lot on the UP if you're taking it every day and use it at most TTC stations in the downtown core.

If you're interested in the usual tourist places and museums, the City Pass is an okay value.
We have the Cavalcade of Lights at the end of the month at City Hall.
If it's free stuff you want, just walking around some of the more interesting neighbours is worth your time. Kensington / Chinatown, the Annex, King West, Roncy.

I'll let people with better taste comment on the food. And yes, please come to the meetup if you're around!

wamberz1

Fuck it. Double post.

Congrats dude!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats, Kuro!
Thanks!
congrats!
Thanks!
Next round of Victory Cider on Kuro!
Ok...but it's your funeral
Congrats kuro

Fuck you
Ok make it YOUR funeral.
Fuck you

Congrats
Ok make it BOTH your funerals.
Yoooooo
Congrats.
Thanks.
You earn 6 digits anyway. Doesn't matter those few cents.

congrats
Still gotta be able to afford bad nachos, overpriced burgers, and spill worthy cider somehow.
Congratulations kuro

Edit: going to the dollar store at 777 bay and some lady is freaking out in the lcbo and security guards are scrambling lol. Apparently she tried to steal like five hundred bucks of champagne.
Thanks!
Sweet. Where in downtown? Come out for drinks after work ;)
It's actually near King and Spadina so sure.
Congrats!!!!
Thanks!
Always sweet to land a gig. Congrats.
It is a goddamn relief I tell ya...
Congrats man!
Thanks!
They've gotten a lot better at it. Most of the stuff I saw on Sportsnet last year took a split second to pop up on screen whenever the camera angle changed, but I haven't noticed it as much this year.

Nice! Congrats Kuro!
Thanks!
No name Kraft Dinner until your first performance review!
No name Mac n Cheese... :(

The OP will have fuller details but...

Areas
Kensington Market - some unique and authentic places to eat here. The BBQ place here is supposed to be good. My wife loves Eative Film Cafe - the desserts are excellent if a bit pricey. Quite a few Mexican and Portuguese places.

Distillery District - probably my favourite area. Cobblestone streets, performing arts theatre, some expensive designer stuff, some great restaurants. Be sure to pick up some Ontario Spring Water Sake, some chocolate from Soma, and get a coffee from Balzac's.

Eaton Centre / Yorkdale Mall - Both have Uniqlo and Nordstrom stores, both have decent restaurants nearby, both have theatres nearby. Eaton Centre is closer downtown and has more decent Japanese places nearby including our very own maid cafe. Yorkdale is a nicer Mall in my opinion and has Jamie Oliver's restaurant in there and it's awesome.

Yorkville - if you like to see high end brand name crap, this is the place to go. Lots of expensive restaurants here too though I can only recommend Jacques du Bistro. It's close to the Royal Ontario Museum too.

Royal Ontario Museum / Art Gallery of Ontario - I'd avoid the AGO - I've never seen anything interesting there compared to the stuff in Montreal. The ROM can be neat depending on what is showing there, but overall it's still kind of meh.

Toronto Zoo - A bit out of the way and the weather is going to get disgustingly cold soon. I think warmer weather is nicer to go since it's quite big. It's a decent visit.

Hockey Hall of Fame - I haven't been here yet for some reason, but if you're a hockey fan (or a secret Leafs fan living in Ottawa), this is a must visit.

St Lawrence Market - I say a must visit for any visitor to Toronto. Lots of places selling foodstuffs and food. Walkable from hockey hall of fame too.

Pacific Mall - kind of out of the way and it isn't as good as it used to be, but I still think it's worth a visit. Big Chinese focused Mall for goods from Asia.

For restaurants, I have more than I can list though you can get an idea if you go to YouTube, search eater, and find the dining on a dime series that just finished Toronto.

Other than that, some quintessential original "Toronto" food:
- Butter tarts -> St Lawrence Market
- Peameal bacon -> St Lawrence Market and Rashers
- Beef patties -> Subway stations
- Hot dogs -> street meat that you'll find when you wander around downtown.
- Burgers -> Burger's Priest
you know it to be true, EM!

You can get a monthly or weekly pass that you can use on every subway line, bus, and streetcar in Toronto. You pay extra if you go farther North or West. The TTC is garbage compared to Asia, but it's much better than what I saw in Ottawa :p

N° 2048

Congrats!

Been trying to find a job for three years now...city is brutal when you have no experience except cleaning and washing dogs...
Wish I could leave Toronto..

soultron

Banned
Cross-posting from the Canadian Gaming Deals thread because I'm impatient as fuck.

Weird question, but I don't know where else to ask.

I moved into my new place on 01 November. I recently got my TekSavvy modem shipped to me. I have the Mac and SSID now.

Do I really need to wait until my scheduled technician installation visit scheduled for Monday or can I call their support to have them remotely activate my service? The previous tenant had Rogers as their ISP, the coaxial cables are still here and I have one hooked into my modem right now.

Anyone have any experience with this? It'd be great to have internet this weekend! 🙂

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats!

Been trying to find a job for three years now...city is brutal when you have no experience except cleaning and washing dogs...
Wish I could leave Toronto..
Get an HR company to help you with it.
Congrats on getting the job, Kuro!
Ya filthy SOB!
Don't disappoint with WD2...
Gruts Kuro!
Thanks!
Congrats Kuro!
Leafs GAF Jets Hating GAF represent!
Cross-posting from the Canadian Gaming Deals thread because I'm impatient as fuck.

Weird question, but I don't know where else to ask.

I moved into my new place on 01 November. I recently got my TekSavvy modem shipped to me. I have the Mac and SSID now.

Do I really need to wait until my scheduled technician installation visit scheduled for Monday or can I call their support to have them remotely activate my service? The previous tenant had Rogers as their ISP, the coaxial cables are still here and I have one hooked into my modem right now.

Anyone have any experience with this? It'd be great to have internet this weekend! 🙂
You can ask buuuuuuut the last time this happened to me (I switched off Teksavvy and then came back) the technician didn't do anything when he came, it was all just activating the line on their side off site. The stupid thing is that I just had to cycle my modem and it worked right on the day off. It's not as if they come and turn on a switch and it's done.

Dat TF2 withdrawal :D

soultron

Banned
Frig. Yeah, I called their tech support, waited for 30 minutes only to finally get a rep on the line saying he couldn't do anything.

I'm poking around on my default gateway right now seeing if there's anything I can do but I doubt it, I ain't no master hacker.

And yes, the TF2 withdrawal is REAL.

Quadratic

Congrats on the hire Kuro. I know you were pretty unhappy at your old job. I guess the quality of life improvements over commuting to Scarborough is worth the slight decrease in pay.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats on the hire Kuro. I know you were pretty unhappy at your old job. I guess the quality of life improvements over commuting to Scarborough is worth the slight decrease in pay.
"Pretty unhappy" is an understatement; it's the equivalent of having a Hanzo main.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I look forward to you complaining about this new place in a month because you're a miserable person.

Fuck it. Double post.

Congrats! Get me a job! :D

Top Bottom